Driver With No Crown

I might, but I have a hard time believing what it would look like while still working

Do you think you could play a driver with no crown? Why or why not?

No. The very early version of the ladies drivers from Callaway had no crown, and no sound.......

a month ago I would have said hells no, it would be too distracting. but after taking so quickly to Optimus Prime aka Bridgestone J815, I could probably game something like this and be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that possible? If so then sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't care if it looks like a shoe on the end of a broom stick.
If it goes farther and where I want it, I will hit it.

So o just googled "odd looking golf drivers" to try and get some idea of what a no crown driver may look like. The Kylo arena actor came up??
d735b8b3627b09ca92c3ab9adb0ff16b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A removable crown??? Or one absent a crown completely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I had a Hi-Bore for a good while so I think it would not be problem. Something like that does not bother me.

Perhaps something like the Hammer-X? I couldn't play this even if it did give me 50 yards more. (Well, maybe, if I believed it).

s-l500_zpssjxswbsk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Good ole hammer x haha. I suppose if it worked well and sounded nice I could game it. I thought id hate white drivers but after using one it didn't bug me very much.

Sure, I barely even notice what is down there. In the last couple years I have gamed a Red/orange/grey/light grey/matte black and have hit white and blue drivers with no ill effects. If the club works I seem to adapt, so I don't have any reservations about it.

If it's on the end of stick I could probably swing it. If I would, well that's another thing all together.

I understand you have to have bulge (heel to toe) and roll (top to bottom). When the driver hits the ball, the ball will move towards the high point, bulge and roll wise. Without bulge and roll, the ball will come off the driver at uncontrollable angles.

I'm not so sure I could, but I'd give the ole college try.

I'm guessing it would look like a hi-bore? Doubt I would game it. Mentally it would mess with me.

No problem. In fact I rocked my Cleveland Launcher for a full season after the crown smashed off.
I loved it too.

I would have to see what it looks like but yeah if it performed I could play it.

As long as it isn't hideous, feels good in my hands and puts me in the middle of the fairway, I'll dance with her.

A driver without a crown could never be a prince of a driver.

If it performs sure I'll play it! Only reason I want. A crown is because that's what I'm used to. So if it doesn't have a crown and performs I'll get used to it. That simple.

Looks of a driver do not matter to me. Results matter. I will hit the club that gives me the best results.
I love the look of the B'stone J815 driver with an orange and black shaft. Well, no I do not, but I love the results.
No crown? I'd hit that.

No thanks. Couldn't game it

I'm sure I could hit one, but I don't think I could ever game one long term.

I could use and game it, but there are practical things that need to be considered, like how to keep it clean or how to remove gunk from the scoop.

Could double as an ashtray or soup ladle though.

Back