Driver With No Crown

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you think you could play a driver with no crown? Why or why not?

• Admin
Could I play it? Sure, why not.

Would I game it? Seeeeriously doubt it. Not what I want to look at.

Its funny, it will kind of show the more mental from the less here.

Do you think you could play a driver with no crown? Why or why not?

The thread title makes me think of the Cleveland Hi-Bore. I just couldn't get used to looking down at it.

Driver With No Crown

Hard to imagine what that would even look like. Something like the Hi-bore?

U g L y.

I'm the same as Dan. I could physically game it, yes. Would I? Not likely.

Its funny, it will kind of show the more mental from the less here.

Absolutely... and I am nowhere near the worst of the bunch.

Hard to imagine what that would even look like. Something like the Hi-bore?

U g L y.

I keep thinking about the Cobra King LTD and watching the grass through the SpacePort hahaha

Horse with no name.

I tend to sky drivers too often.

I'm trying to imagine what it would even look like Haha so no top or is there another aspect?

I'm the same as Dan. I could physically game it, yes. Would I? Not likely.

You play hybrids with half the crown missing lol why not a driver?

The Hibore never bothered me, so I don't know if the look would bother me all that much. That said, it would probably need to significantly outperform everything else on the market.

You mean like cutting the top off?

composite_zpsnosjqeax.jpg

I'd give it a swing, but it would feel awkward.

You play hybrids with half the crown missing lol why not a driver?

I don't know...I think it would look weird haha. What would it even look like? Something like this?

DSC_0143p.jpg

Going with the trying to teach an old dog new tricks thing here. I could but I wouldn't. Too much of a visual adjustment after hitting a driver with a crown for over 35 years.

It better look good. If it doesn't, no go.

If it went father and straighter... Hell ya!

I would have to see exactly what it looks like. I imagine something more with an open skeleton frame on the top. I could game it not sure if I would though. I also think the lack of a crown would have a great negative effect on aerodynamics.

I'm trying to imagine what it would even look like Haha so no top or is there another aspect?

Perhaps something like the Hammer-X? I couldn't play this even if it did give me 50 yards more. (Well, maybe, if I believed it).

s-l500_zpssjxswbsk.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Kinda like asking if I would date an ugly chick? Would I, maybe but if there are other options that are as good in the sack and better looking than it seems there would be no reason to.

Kinda like asking if I would date an ugly chick? Would I, maybe but if there are other options that are as good in the sack and better looking than it seems there would be no reason to.
Boom! Eric wins

I think I could give it a run. Sound would be the thing that puts me off not the look

I couldn't even imagine what that would look like, so probably not.

Back