Drivers over the years

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
What drivers have you played over the last few years. It seems that every year I am putting a new driver in the bag and I was wondered what everyone else has been gaming for a few seasons.

1. Cobra L4V
2. Ping G10
3. Dimension Z - Still a great driver
4. Nickent Evolver

I've only bagged my Nike SQ SuMo. But I've been tempted to pick up the G10.

• Admin
Harry,
I loved the G10. The control was outstanding. I just lost a little too much distance with it.

Taylormade R7 (traded in)
Taylormade R7 425 TP - Harrison Striper (still own)
Titleist 905R (current driver) (owned a 905R 10.5 YST6+ for about 6 hours - traded in for 9.5 UST v2 later that day - lost about 150 bucks)

Titleist 905R (current driver) (owned a 905R 10.5 YST6+ for about 6 hours - traded in for 9.5 UST v2 later that day - lost about 150 bucks)

Ouch DD, that had to hurt.
So far the only driver I've played is my R5, probably making a switch to start next season though.

Ouch DD, that had to hurt.
So far the only driver I've played is my R5, probably making a switch to start next season though.

my younger days... fitting? what is that?

I have since learned the ways

I got rid of a Killer Bee about 5 years ago and switched to a R7 Quad and its been in my bag since. I just hit it so well I never wanted to change it. But I think im going to pick up a new L5V in the next week or so.

• Admin
Gasman. amollerud can help you a lot with that club. He fits people on them everyday.

Yeah, the L5V and the Nickent Evolver are def. on my list, as well as the Dymo. Man, there are just too many options out there.
I don't care about looks or sound I just want a good ball flight.

MO,
a lot of the ball flight is going to be the shaft moreso than the head.

Had an FT= i that I loved but it went nowhere except straight and short
switched to a Mactec and all I could hit was big duck hooks, last year got a
Titleist 907D1 and it's not ever coming out of my bag.........

Ever is a very long time Knight....hehe

Gasman. amollerud can help you a lot with that club. He fits people on them everyday.

Thanks, ill have to ask him a couple of questions. I dont think I have too many options as im getting it from Amex. They usually have 3 lofts and stiff or regular shaft to chose from.

Yeah, the L5V and the Nickent Evolver are def. on my list, as well as the Dymo. Man, there are just too many options out there.
I don't care about looks or sound I just want a good ball flight.

I am the complete opposite... I can't find a new driver because nothing really impresses me on the market... and I've hit a lot of drivers

How far are we going back here, as far back as my wooden Spalding Driver with the Aluminum shaft???

Not so much what I've played (not interesting), but a couple of years ago we played an event with an older couple. His clubs were over a decade old, and at one point I thoughtlessly said something about his teeing off with his seven wood. The fellow corrected me--it was his driver. Ooops! :embarrassed:

callaway warbird
callaway great big bertha II
905s
g10- switched back to it
907d2

Nike SQ SUMO (Broke)
Taylormade Tour Burner (Traded)
Titleist 907 D2

I've only played 2 drivers:

1) Nike Sasquatch - Currently play that, very happy with it
2) Ram Laser Driver - came with my very first set of clubs

Had a Callaway Warbird, just traded that in this year for an old 905T and a couple sixers of Winter Lager after the season ended.

If this one doesn't work out... back on the market springtime.

R7 TP 460 (Current) Couldn't be any happier, amazing driver

Top-Flite: Cheap begginers club from Sportcheck, served its time but then i started getting better at golf, and invested in taylormade r7

I haven't been golfing for more than a year with adult clubs, so... :D

I've tried the R7 Draw, SQ2, and R5 Dual TP (<3)

Cleveland Launcher (still Have)
Hibore (Still Have)
Hibore XL Tour (sold quickly as open face)
HiBore XLS (Still Have - backup)

& Now Ping G10!

Ever is a very long time Knight....hehe

Well JB, don't really care how far a driver goes (unless it 40 yards shorter) but I hit alot of duck hooks so when I find one that goes striaght and long it will be hard to replace.......

I will be accepting donations to the "Dan Needs a New Driver Foundation"... anyone intersted please PM me

have a wonderful day!

Back