Drone on the course..

Tennis19

Reaction score
Handicap
N/A
a guy in my group brought out his drone for a couple of holes. not sure if its allowed or not, but the course was super empty. man drones are so bad a$$.

heres the video. BTW i did not make the video so if you hate it sorry.

That was pretty fun to watch. Which guy was controlling the drone? Never saw anyone with a controller or anything.

That was pretty fun to watch. Which guy was controlling the drone? Never saw anyone with a controller or anything.

Most have a follow me feature.

Much like any other video method, in the hands of someone skilled in fight and editing it can be awesome. I was once harassed by I drone while playing golf. The Richard at the controls followed me around for awhile hovering just out of reach. If I could have knocked it out if the sky I would have stomped it and thrown the camera in the creek.

I guess some people have far too much time on their hands. That is of course if this is just someone flying above other strangers minding thier own business. Drones are cool in one sense. That said, I do not want to really be followed around by one unless I knew the person doing it vs some anonymous noseybody spy.

Interesting. I usually only get to see drone footage of property listings. Drones aren't generally well received in these parts. I'd be curious to see my home course from an aerial view like that. And my swing. That said I'm not sure I'd want it to be in view while I was playing. I have a heightened awareness of flight-like movement that's hard to turn off.

Not gonna lie - the waggle, if you want to call it that, on the guy in the green kinda freaked me out. I literally pushed back from the screen to protect myself as he was winding up. lol

Is that the tee box or the green? I don’t think I have ever see a tee box that big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Much like any other video method, in the hands of someone skilled in fight and editing it can be awesome. I was once harassed by I drone while playing golf. The Richard at the controls followed me around for awhile hovering just out of reach. If I could have knocked it out if the sky I would have stomped it and thrown the camera in the creek.
unfortunately people like that are a big part of why drones are illegal to fly outdoors in most areas

There are people who do not follow the FAA laws for drone flying, and there are those who do. They are not illegal to fly in most areas. you just have to check the maps and also be respectful of the requests of areas that even though they may be legal to fly, if they request you don't. I had mine at RTJ Grand National thinking i would be a good video out on the range of the guys warming up, catching some shots of the first tee and such. JB said they do not allow drones because of how close the residences are. So i left it in the room. That is why i asked him about Hammock Beach. All my drones are registered with the FAA.

Last edited:
I guess some people have far too much time on their hands. That is of course if this is just someone flying above other strangers minding thier own business. Drones are cool in one sense. That said, I do not want to really be followed around by one unless I knew the person doing it vs some anonymous noseybody spy.
nice
o.png

I played a private course in my area a couple weeks ago. The Pro shop uses a drone to identify slow moving groups then send the ranger out to speed them along. I think we will see more of this.

Stop laughing Donny! I’m multitasking ?

About as well as I do. A week or two ago I posted something that I meant to be a PM that was quite embarrassing if you weren’t part of that conversation. I didn’t realize it until the next morning so I’m hoping that no one saw it and just glazed over thinking it was just another long senseless Smiter post:)

About as well as I do. A week or two ago I posted something that I meant to be a PM that was quite embarrassing if you weren’t part of that conversation. I didn’t realize it until the next morning so I’m hoping that no one saw it and just glazed over thinking it was just another long senseless Smiter post:)
Hey, it happens! So much material on THP its hard to read it all ;)

My friend brings a drone on the course sometimes. He has made some pretty cool videos. The follow feature of the drone is pretty cool. He sets it to the ball so when we tee off the drone will go chase down the ball and make for a very cool video

My friend brings a drone on the course sometimes. He has made some pretty cool videos. The follow feature of the drone is pretty cool. He sets it to the ball so when we tee off the drone will go chase down the ball and make for a very cool video

I could use that. I might never lose a ball. Just how capable is it of actually following a ball?

It’s a cool feature but I wouldn’t count on it for finding your ball. Here is a video my friend made

Edit: first video attempt didn’t work

Back