DrySack-An unofficial review :smile:

c_ault

Reaction score
A nice little product I found a couple of weeks ago. $19.95 at my local shop.
What it is? A microfiber towel (16" X 24") in a water-resistant nylon sleeve.
It comes with the standard carabiner clip with a quick release clip for easy attachment/detachment. The microfiber towel (I really like how they dry and clean a club) is tri-folded and slipped into the nylon sleeve. The sleeve attaches so that it is halved and the is elastice at the midway point to help keep the 2 sides separate. There are drawstrings at each end, color coded, to keep the halves distinct. The halving can be important as you can choose to keep both halves of the towel dry, one wet one dry, or both wet (but that would defeat the purpose in my mind). The towel is washable and replacable (by any 16" X 24" towel).
The thing that piqued my interest in the DrySack is the enclosure (though having now used the microfiber, I am hooked on that as well) with the quick release. Too many times I have to take both my putter and chipping club to greenside in wet conditions. Since I use club covers I have something to lay one club on so the grip stays reasonable dry but I can't take a towel with me to take my practice swings, dry the club, and have a reasonable place to put the towel down and expect it to be dry. I have done the towel tail (hooking the towel in my back belt loop) before, but the towel gets wet and it is distracting having a towel tail when I putt (not to mention it looks goofy, not that I really cared that much since golf is golf). I like this as not only do I have a towel that stays dry (at least on one side) throughout the weather alone, but I can also do up the drawstrings and drop it on the ground without concern that I'll have to pull out another dry towel from my bag when I need to dry my hands/club.
This product has allowed me to take 3 towels off my bag/cart and I don't think that the price is unreasonable.

I cannot find a website for this, it is made by Concept2Reality, and it was developed by Terry McNamara (Annika Sorenstam's caddy). When I did a forum search the only hit I got was one I posted in the what golf stuff did you buy today thread so hopefully a new thread like this isn't redundant.

DSCN2219%20%28640x480%29.jpg

DSCN2220%20%28640x480%29.jpg

DSCN2222%20%28640x480%29.jpg

DSCN2224%20%28640x480%29.jpg

DSCN2226%20%28640x480%29.jpg

DSCN2227%20%28640x480%29.jpg

DSCN2228%20%28640x480%29.jpg

DSCN2229%20%28640x480%29.jpg

DSCN2230%20%28640x480%29.jpg

Nice write up! I think the thing I like most about it is that it is easily detachable. Thanks for taking the time to write that.

Nice write C_ault. That looks like a really cool product.

Hmm thats interesting, I have never heard of it or seen one. Thanks for the info man.

I forgot to mention the rubber strips on the DrySack that allows you to hang it on a push cart/cart without worrying it will slip off easily.

Nice write up! I think the thing I like most about it is that it is easily detachable. Thanks for taking the time to write that.

Nice write C_ault. That looks like a really cool product.

Hmm thats interesting, I have never heard of it or seen one. Thanks for the info man.

Thank you.

I liked that it was easily detachable as well. I only have the one clip on the bag with multiple carabiners that the get hard to detach at times.

Great write up. I have always opted to use a micro-fiber towel while on the course as opposed to a traditional golf towel. They just seem to really "grab" the dirt and water off of the clubs. I like having a towel that is smaller too that I can fold up and place in one of the pockets of my bag. I always give one of my friends a hard time because he has a HUGE Titleist towel that uses. He will get half of the towel wet before each round just to clean his clubs and it hangs from his bag. By the end of the round it always smells like a wet dog!, haha.. Again, great right up. I will be looking into this product.

I know you said its washable, but have you had a chance to wash the towel a few times? Sounds like a great towel, but I wonder about the durability. Like other microfiber goods, it wont last long if you put it in the dryer (especially with the rubber piping), but I hope it can hold up to a normal wash cycle.

They do look very similar.

Great write up. I have always opted to use a micro-fiber towel while on the course as opposed to a traditional golf towel. They just seem to really "grab" the dirt and water off of the clubs. I like having a towel that is smaller too that I can fold up and place in one of the pockets of my bag. I always give one of my friends a hard time because he has a HUGE Titleist towel that uses. He will get half of the towel wet before each round just to clean his clubs and it hangs from his bag. By the end of the round it always smells like a wet dog!, haha.. Again, great right up. I will be looking into this product.

Thank you. The microfiber towels really do a good job grabbing the dirt and water off the club. I still keep a traditional towel hooked to the bag and use it first usually to get most of the dirt off and then use the microfiber, which really gets the club dry and clean. The traditional towels do get rather nasty in a short time.

I know you said its washable, but have you had a chance to wash the towel a few times? Sounds like a great towel, but I wonder about the durability. Like other microfiber goods, it wont last long if you put it in the dryer (especially with the rubber piping), but I hope it can hold up to a normal wash cycle.

I haven't machine washed the towel yet. It says machine wash warm on gentle cycle, no bleach or softeners and tumble dry warm. Thanks for the tip on drying them, I'll probably just hang dry mine after washing and probably mostly hand wash it.

That's very cool. Just so I understand correctly, the cover allows you to keep a towel dry in rainy conditions? Do you think you could fit more than one in there if you wanted to? I'm very interested in this as I have plastic baggies with towels in them packed away in my bag, but they aren't very convenient to grab mid-round.

Nice job on the review c_a. Getting close to the rainy times here, this sounds pretty interesting.

That's very cool. Just so I understand correctly, the cover allows you to keep a towel dry in rainy conditions? Do you think you could fit more than one in there if you wanted to? I'm very interested in this as I have plastic baggies with towels in them packed away in my bag, but they aren't very convenient to grab mid-round.

Good questions, thank you, as I forgot to mention something. The sleeve does do a good job keeping the towel dry in wet conditions (as long as you remember to close up the ends) but it is also supposed to help keep the towel wet in hot/dry conditions if you choose to wet the towel on one or both sides. I haven't had a chance to test keeping the towel wet yet as we're still a couple of months away from hot/dry weather.
The microfiber towels are fairly thin and I'd think that 2 would easily fit in the sleeve, maybe even a 3rd. I don't think it would fit more than one traditional towel though.

Good questions, thank you, as I forgot to mention something. The sleeve does do a good job keeping the towel dry in wet conditions (as long as you remember to close up the ends) but it is also supposed to help keep the towel wet in hot/dry conditions if you choose to wet the towel on one or both sides. I haven't had a chance to test keeping the towel wet yet as we're still a couple of months away from hot/dry weather.
The microfiber towels are fairly thin and I'd think that 2 would easily fit in the sleeve, maybe even a 3rd. I don't think it would fit more than one traditional towel though.

Never thought of that, but I like it!

I do see these on Amazon. They say they are from Pro Active company. They list at $25.94 there (don't know about shipping). I do notice on Amazon that they are saying if you spend $20 in the golf store you get a free subscription to Golf Digest.

The funny thing with this towel is that the cardboard packaging sleeve says #1 on the PGA and LPGA Tours. #1 what???

Back