• Dodge Charger

• Pontiac Firebird

Results are only viewable after voting.

General Lee over the Bandit’s car.

Straight line? General Lee
Turns on dirt? Duke boys
Road course? Trans Am
Coolness factor? Smokey

I went with the Charger, since I have always been partial to MOPAR products, more so than GM stuff.

Too bad Bullitt's Mustang wasn't an option to vote on. I'd rate it higher than the Trans AM.........

I travel in the South and you still see Chargers that look like this more often than you'd think.

Charger. Never been a fan of firebirds, or Pontiac much in general

Owning a "Hot Bird" Hot Wheels back in the day gave you all sorts of street cred. So I grew up loving that car. Smokey? I could give or take ... but the car? Awesome.

Dukes of Hazard, also a show from my youth, but the orange was just a bit too gaudy.

Just to be clear, it was the Bandit's Pontiac. Technically Smokey's Pontiac was a LeMans that got all the doors and the top ripped off.

Firebird for me. My brother had a collection of anniversary trans-ams and I always liked them.

2 hard dislikes for the charger:

Bubba has one
Rebel Flag on top. Not interested in supporting the losing side of a war. - That's not meant to be political, I just never understood it. If I wanted to show off the car's souther heritage I would have Chik fil A flag on the roof.
You didn’t grow up in the South then...

I’ll take the General Lee...

Just to be clear, it was the Bandit's Pontiac. Technically Smokey's Pontiac was a LeMans that got all the doors and the top ripped off.
True... Smokey's car by the end of the movie was a rolling wreck!:D
"Where you going daddy?"
"Ima go home an' punch yo momma right in da mouf"

You didn’t grow up in the South then...
I also didn't grow up in Central Europe around the late 19th century. I'm not familiar with many people who wish Kaiser Wilhelm II was still in power, but if I knew anyone, I wouldn't understand that either.

Boy not supporting the losing side of a war, means there are a whole lot of products from overseas that someone wouldn't be able to buy.

And whatever you do, don't ever get a German automobile...Because that history is, well, yikes...

The Charger and its not close for me.

I also didn't grow up in Central Europe around the late 19th century. I'm not familiar with many people who wish Kaiser Wilhelm II was still in power, but if I knew anyone, I wouldn't understand that either.

My point was that growing up as a kid every one I knew wanted to slide across the hood of The General Lee and get in that car, just like the TV show.

It was the definition of southern cool.

Love the Firebird

My point was that growing up as a kid every one I knew wanted to slide across the hood of The General Lee and get in that car, just like the TV show.

It was the definition of southern cool.
I'm with you. I don't think that's a southern thing at all. Everyone wanted to do that.

Bandit Firebird for me.

Smokey would seal the Deal with as close as the HP would have been in the day, he would have the edge on better wind resistance alone. Besides, that laugh....

Ok, there's only 1 correct woman in that gif... Jessica's not it. I don't recognize the one on the right but she's not it either (and she's shaped funny... the pic of her has to be stretched)... Catherine Bach. Daisy Duke.
^^^^THIS^^^^

No. Nope. Sorry. I can't agree with this. That screaming chicken on the hood is not attractive. Ugh.:sick: Iron Restoration's Joe Martin restored a firebird that had suffered a carb fire and torched the hood and engine bay... his final result had several hundred horsepower, was painted brandywine, and had a hand painted screaming chicken on the hood. Beautiful car except for that bird.

Ok, there's only 1 correct woman in that gif... Jessica's not it. I don't recognize the one on the right but she's not it either (and she's shaped funny... the pic of her has to be stretched)... Catherine Bach. Daisy Duke.

No. Nope. Sorry. I can't agree with this. That screaming chicken on the hood is not attractive. Ugh.:sick: Iron Restoration's Joe Martin restored a firebird that had suffered a carb fire and torched the hood and engine bay... his final result had several hundred horsepower, was painted brandywine, and had a hand painted screaming chicken on the hood. Beautiful car except for that bird.

STOP! Joe Martin is da Man, and the hand painted F'Bird was too cool...lolm His was so much better than the original

I’d take Kitt (Pontiac Trans Am) over either. Night Rider ftw...

Back