Dumb Question....

askthejak

Reaction score
Handicap
This may sound dumb, but will blades (I have Mizuno MP-32s) rust? I have always kept them in the trunk or in the basement during the winter, but I had them in the garage last night, and forgot to close the overhead door. They look kind of spotty, but that might just be because I didn't clean them heads at the end of the season. Will these rust?

I think a lot of irons will rust if not taken care of properly. Different metals are more susceptible than others, but most metals CAN rust. Removing it is not all that hard though. Tons of options there. Coke is a popular one on internet boards. As is vinegar. CLR works very good too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think a lot of irons will rust if not taken care of properly. Different metals are more susceptible than others, but most metals CAN rust. Removing it is not all that hard though. Tons of options there. Coke is a popular one on internet boards. As is vinegar. CLR works very good too.

I have always used Coke to remove corosion on car batteries.... strong stuff. Thanks for the feedback, my blades say stainless on them, so I figure they should be fine.

I have really only ever seen a few rust spots on stainless and usually when I play early in the morning and the clubs do not get dried off. Should have no worries.

This may sound dumb, but will blades (I have Mizuno MP-32s) rust? I have always kept them in the trunk or in the basement during the winter, but I had them in the garage last night, and forgot to close the overhead door. They look kind of spotty, but that might just be because I didn't clean them heads at the end of the season. Will these rust?

They can definitely rust, but it would take a serious amount of time without use.

as long as you dry them off before you putt them away you should be all set. If anything, you'll see some small spots on your shafts. Your shafts will certainly rust before your club heads do.

How scary is it that a popular beverage can take the finish and/or the rust off of a golf club?

haha yeah... completely strips the finish off an oil can as well!

Back