Dundonald Links - 22nd October 2011

Br1an_g

Reaction score
Handicap
CONGU 11.7
i will be playing Dundonald Links on the 22nd October and will post a picture review after..just wanted to whet some appetites with the website..

http://www.dundonaldlinks.com/

so, im a bit behind with this update, but been a bit mental with work.

played the 2 rounds, and managed to get some great weather..by great i mean it was dry, and by weather i mean 40ish mph winds..so it was a true test of links golf, and one that i really enjoyed.
we played from the whites, which made the course just over 6000yards. the rough was kind, and the greens were just fantastic, even after pretty bad rains, and they had also been cored but you couldnt tell.

some tough tough holes into the wind, but you had to make some scores when you had it behind you.

heres the pics, lots of them so will split and spoiler them..

First green:
Spoiler

IMAG0706.jpg

2nd Tee:
Spoiler

IMAG0707.jpg

Spoiler

IMAG0708.jpg

Spoiler

IMAG0709.jpg

Very WIndy, we got about half way round the first time and they tied off the flags as they were bending the poles over too much..
Spoiler

IMAG0714.jpg

tough lie in the bunker:
Spoiler

IMAG0717.jpg

fantastic greens:
Spoiler

IMAG0719.jpg

IMAG0721.jpg

nice par 3, only 160 yards if i remember correctly, i hit a 3 wood, straight into the wind..
Spoiler

IMAG0722.jpg

Spoiler

IMAG0727.jpg

another great par 3, only 110 yards, but a full 8 iron
Spoiler

IMAG0733.jpg

a lucky escape, free relief
Spoiler

IMAG0735.jpg

huge double tiered green
Spoiler

IMAG0743.jpg

IMAG0745.jpg

par 5 with the wind, reached with a good drive and a 7 iron
Spoiler

IMAG0750.jpg

few more:
Spoiler

IMAG0752.jpg

IMAG0755.jpg

IMAG0758.jpg

and one last bunker, this was me, took me 6 to get out. left and right of this bunker was another bunker, behind this bunker was a marsh so only way was up and over..
Spoiler

IMAG0759.jpg

hope you enjoy the pics..

Last edited:
Never heard of the course until now, looks really nice

Nice one. Hope you get some decent weather and get to play the back tees! Played it earlier in the year from the back and it's quite long at times. Unfortunately the greens were quite heavily sanded back then, but should be a lot better now.

It's a very nice track, but one I've played 3 times and never played well! Try not to get one on the train tracks. :wink:

Never heard of the course until now, looks really nice

yeh, i didnt know it very well at all, but it looks like a proper links course with some interesting holes

Nice one. Hope you get some decent weather and get to play the back tees! Played it earlier in the year from the back and it's quite long at times. Unfortunately the greens were quite heavily sanded back then, but should be a lot better now.

It's a very nice track, but one I've played 3 times and never played well! Try not to get one on the train tracks. :wink:

train tracks is a given ;) working on a few swing changes so dont hold much hope of breaking 90...

train tracks is a given ;) working on a few swing changes so dont hold much hope of breaking 90...

It's a tough course on the right day anyway, so I'd say just enjoy the occasion!

It's similar in places to Kingsbarns (same designer), so you'll get a lot of fairways that invite you to run into bunkers, and the greens are guarded by....well, the greens themselves! Placement of approach is important, as the humps and bumps on some the greens can be entertaining at least.

^^ BUMP ^^

updated first post with pics..

Excellent, looks like you got a nice day for it! Glad you enjoyed it Brian, can't beat some coastal golf coming into the winter months.

There are some really nice holes on this course. Oh, and that bunker you took 6 out of? It was devoid of sand when I played....I threw my ball out of it! :D

Excellent, looks like you got a nice day for it! Glad you enjoyed it Brian, can't beat some coastal golf coming into the winter months.

There are some really nice holes on this course. Oh, and that bunker you took 6 out of? It was devoid of sand when I played....I threw my ball out of it! :D

LOL, if my mates hadnt been recording a video of my fun, i would have throw it out as well.. :D

Back