DV club fitter in Akron Ohio

Farmergolf

Drink Milk
Reaction score
Handicap
Unknown
Anyone have experience here? They are about same distance to me as the CC near Cleveland. Wanting to get my 14 year old fit as he is really getting into golf. Is it good idea to get him fit or not since still growing/swing still evolving? I just dont want high pressure place to purchase clubs since I dont have thousands to spend on him now. That is why want to get fit to insure what I do buy is appropriate for him.

Anyone have experience here? They are about same distance to me as the CC near Cleveland. Wanting to get my 14 year old fit as he is really getting into golf. Is it good idea to get him fit or not since still growing/swing still evolving? I just dont want high pressure place to purchase clubs since I dont have thousands to spend on him now. That is why want to get fit to insure what I do buy is appropriate for him.

Never heard of them. Couple of questions though:

1: is he a newbie and has t ever played?
2: how much has he played?
3: what’s the budget? (Roughly)
4: is he growing rapidly?
5: what’s the CC near Cleveland?

Assuming by DV you mean KZG? Does that have to be what he is getting? Trying to understand the methodology.

Assuming by DV you mean KZG? Does that have to be what he is getting? Trying to understand the methodology.
They are KZG dealer, looks like website they also sell other brands. I don't know much about KZG. I would like for him to try many brands. The dv fitter has some positive feedback on the web but I don't know. I do like they say free adjustments on clubs you buy from them figure since he prob still growing might be useful.

Never heard of them. Couple of questions though:

1: is he a newbie and has t ever played?
2: how much has he played?
3: what’s the budget? (Roughly)
4: is he growing rapidly?
5: what’s the CC near Cleveland?
Thanks for reply. He has played about 2 years just few times year. He is really loving it and improved a lot. Wants to join high school team next fall. He shooting upper 40s low 50s for 9 holes with a bad short game just from not enough time spent on it. He is 5'10 and still growing but prob not a lot more. Budget, not sure. If something really fit him and improved him maybe 1k for irons and driver. He is using my old g10 driver and Wilson d300 irons now. The CC is in Warrensville heights, not exactly sure where that is but says about 45 minutes from me.

DV has been around for years & has a pretty good reputation from people I've talked to.

Another place is Windmill Golf Center in Macedonia (off 271 & 82). They carry most brands. Fitting is more expensive but they know their stuff. It would be worth talking to them at least - explain the situation & see what they say.

Good luck!

Thanks for reply. He has played about 2 years just few times year. He is really loving it and improved a lot. Wants to join high school team next fall. He shooting upper 40s low 50s for 9 holes with a bad short game just from not enough time spent on it. He is 5'10 and still growing but prob not a lot more. Budget, not sure. If something really fit him and improved him maybe 1k for irons and driver. He is using my old g10 driver and Wilson d300 irons now. The CC is in Warrensville heights, not exactly sure where that is but says about 45 minutes from me.

Like @Grins said below..I’d strongly strongly recommend Windmill Golf Center in Macedonia. They are the best around in me personal opinion. Not the cheapest but I think they’re the most qualified and easiest to work with. I think they also have the most brands around.

That being said....I think you cold probably go get him fit. Record those recommendations and bring that info back here and pick up so really great stuff for a fraction of the price. Then go get it for and spec’d to him. You’d get an amazing set of clubs for
Much less and they’d still be fit to him and his swing

Like @Grins said below..I’d strongly strongly recommend Windmill Golf Center in Macedonia. They are the best around in me personal opinion. Not the cheapest but I think they’re the most qualified and easiest to work with. I think they also have the most brands around.

That being said....I think you cold probably go get him fit. Record those recommendations and bring that info back here and pick up so really great stuff for a fraction of the price. Then go get it for and spec’d to him. You’d get an amazing set of clubs for
Much less and they’d still be fit to him and his swing
Thanks for info, I will definitely check them out. Anyone there in particular to ask for or do they only have one main fitter? I like your way to get a set together at a good price and still fit to him.

Thanks for info, I will definitely check them out. Anyone there in particular to ask for or do they only have one main fitter? I like your way to get a set together at a good price and still fit to him.
Any of them are good. I’ve personally worked with Scott and he’s been great for me.

I've been to DV when he was on Tallmadge Rd. I didn't get fitted by him because I found him a bit condescending and arrogant. Might have been me as a new golfer at the time, but I just didn't click with him. I was fitted at Windmill Golf Centre and had a great experience and would recommend them to anyone. If I want to be fitted again, I'll try and hook up with Randy as I've always heard great things about him.

I don't have any experience with DV in Akron.
I can't say enough about the guys at Windmill training center though. Both Randy & Ross ran the winter clinic that my son attended and these guys were great. Very approachable and very detailed. I would strongly recommend checking them out.

Thanks for all the great info! Sounds like windmill will be a good fit for my son, very excited to take him now.

Back