Dylan Frittelli Using a $4K Prototype Callaway Wedge

BigMac

#LLTG!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
That…is awesome.

We know he didn’t pay that because this dude is one of the cheapest on the tour! 😂
Life's good when you're a staffer for a great OEM! ;)

The Beres 5 star clubs are all about that price each....Every one of them. But they have gold ferrules. And gold on the clubhead.

That’s cool! Love hearing how these guys tinker with equipment.

This should get @OldandStiff attention!

He and Sam Burns have good taste.

20220124_211653.jpg

This thing held up my original order 3 weeks!! It's good though.

I don't know that's I'd love a SW, but that's pretty cool that they made one for him. The shape and sole changes look really interesting.

He and Sam Burns have good taste.

View attachment 9062693

This thing held up my original order 3 weeks!! It's good though.

I don't know that's I'd love a SW, but that's pretty cool that they made one for him. The shape and sole changes look really interesting.

Interesting read... The gapping and consistency is probably as important for plebs like me as the Tour Pros from a scoring perspective, if not more. I've found that using matching wedges on the Epic Forged down to Sand Wedge (I have PW, AW, GW and SW) helps massively with the gapping (especially as these are unusual Irons from a loft and launch perspective). The only non-set wedge I use is a 60deg LW.

A

I'd be scared to hit it. I scratch it and I'm crying. Doesn't matter if I paid for it or not.

I'd be scared to hit it. I scratch it and I'm crying. Doesn't matter if I paid for it or not.

I don't know if those guys can even grasp the true world value of a $4k club with what they make.

I don't know if those guys can even grasp the true world value of a $4k club with what they make.

I get it but man 4k for a single club :eek:

Holy smokes!!!

We know he didn’t pay that because this dude is one of the cheapest on the tour! 😂
He commented on the GolfWRX Instagram post and said he did have to pay for it. Who knows though! I'd be shocked if they actually made him pay for it.

Talk about a 1 off. You have to really REALLY love your irons enough to have that done. But if it works and it helps you win events, do it.

He commented on the GolfWRX Instagram post and said he did have to pay for it. Who knows though! I'd be shocked if they actually made him pay for it.

Well if they did, then they probably just paid him back after all the hype TCBs just got from this in-advertent marketing. Also they made a mold, it seems... soooo Callaway can chalk that $4k as R&D expense

I am wondering if it wasn't a CNC milled from blank. I guess that would be considered hand made after the grinding and polishing.

Seems like the ultimate pro golfer flex over the rest of us amateurs!

Pretty cool using trackman and data to come to the conclusion. I’ve generally always gone with the set AW for similar feel, but haven’t considered taking it further.

With all of the talk on launch monitors using for distance, it’s cool to see a pro come out and talk about how it’s changed the way they use wedges, and especially to the extent like this!

Wow. Insane and awesome!!

Not exactly sure how long I'd be spending on the couch with that kinda spend on a single golf club. But I'm thinking I'd be there for a long time 🤣

Back