Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 Vs. S300

YoungTiger

Reaction score
Handicap
Thinking about putting one of these in my MP69's, my custom shaft/clubmaker told me the TI S400 is the best shaft out there on the market.

Anyone know the differences between the two? Have any experience with the TI S400?

Jeff.

Not sure about what the difference is in the two, I used to have TI X-100 and now have TI X-400 and will be switching to KBS soon. Not sure how often you play, but I have found that the less I have played the more inconsistent I am with the TI X-400 shafts.

The tour issue s400 is heavier than the s300 and has a more regulated, evenly distributed weight.

They only make s400 and x100 in tour issue.

S300 ~128g
DGTI S400 ~134g

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

S400 are slightly heavier than S300 they also are acouple of CPM difference between the two
All the tour issue means is that the quality control spec are tighter sameshaft as the reg s400 just less variation in weight

I have the x100 in my irons and I appreciate the added weight so I can't say it will hurt to go that way. If you can handle the weight don't be afraid of it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I had the club guy put one shaft in, kind of like having a demo, before getting all of them switched. I used the 8 from my previous set since it wasn't that much different from the R11s. Loved the shaft, swapped them all out, happy, happy, happy.

This video explains the difference between the two. I really like the #TTSchool videos.

All steel shafts that come off the production line have small variances or defects that cause the weights to differ slightly. Each flex in the Dynamic Gold line is grouped into 3 "sub-flexes" based on these slight weight differences (for example: S200 129 grams, S300 130-131 grams, S400 132 grams). Standard Dynamic Gold shafts have a weight tolerance of +/- 1.5 grams where as the Tour Issue have a tolerance of only +/- 0.5 grams. Basically you're paying extra for a more tightly matched shaft set. Based on your needs and skill level this may or may not be worth the money. I always say "it never hurts to have better equipment".

Great videos and so much info. Also those 1/4 zips are awesome.

IMO they are very good, stable, low launch, quite tight, With the build (for me), 1 deg weak & I would Progressive SW them: PW 9i D3, 8i D2.5, 7i D2, 6i D2, 5i D1.5 4i D1.5, 3i D1. The reason for this is the heavy weight gets too heavy in the longer irons. I played them and this worked best for my frame 6ft 190lbs. I did find irons like the lower 5,4 were a lot to move around over D2. Or build 1/4 short with a 45g grip to attain a reg SW yet drop some overall weight. You might be 1/2 club short, however that's why we have 14 clubs in the bag

Back