EA Sports PGA TOUR is coming

captaincaution

@alekbabel -2022 Grandaddy!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I wondered the same thing... I prefer the game play on EA games vs 2k. Sad tigers signed for 2k

I would HEAVILY proceed with caution given EAs last golf game.

I think TGC/2K is in a really great position to have a close to perfect golf simulation experience. Them signing Tiger lets me know they are invested in growing and expanding their game.

Super excited to see what 2K does, not at all interested in EA personally

Im sure I will check it out when it is released. Too early to gauge.

I was disappointed with 2k, and Rory was a joke of a game.

Hopefully the gameplay and course offerings are more expansive.

Classic, Tiger. On same day of the EA Sports announcement, he tweets this.

I'm glad to see this as having competition in the space can only help bring us better games. While I have enjoyed 2k's offering, their online matchmaking and stability left a lot to be desired. Hopefully they will use this announcement as motivation for improvement, and maybe EA will realize they can't just throw out a mediocre game and expect sales to be good.

and maybe EA will realize they can't just throw out a mediocre game and expect sales to be good.
This has been their M.O for quite a few games lol

but I do hope the same

WE WANT CROSSPLAY!! WE WANT CROSSPLAY!!

@stevie-a

It might be good; it might be hot garbage. I'll await reviews before I think about buying it.

Ummmm.....I personally don't venture into the other sport game offerings from EA, but I have heard (and seen) how each year EA does a roster update and leaves gameplay broken. Madden, FIFA, NBA being the most notable examples....

I'm sure there are some of you who can validate this.

My point is, this announcement means nothing to me, other than EA once again seeing some success from a competitor and seeking to push them out by buying up the professional licensing.

If 2k does not have tour offerings and players, its The Golf Club all over again... Some of us diehards played TGC and TGC2, but it wasn't until 2k signed the Tour up that the game took off.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Well color me a bit more interested:

Well, ok then!

Is it ethical to buy two video games and play both?? Have to say I haven't had a video game console for some years now. Thought of playing on PC, but I played WGT for some time. Have not played WGT since they switched to an application based pc game.

Well color me a bit more interested:

I wonder if he reads that and thinks "I can't believe I'm having to talk about this during Masters week". I mean I hope he is more business savvy then that but at the same time video games has to be the last thing he wants to talk about.

Augusta makes EA's game a bit more appealing. Though I really like playing the user created courses on 2K, some being "similar" to Augusta, the real deal is going to be pretty sweet.

Cover looks really good!

Shoot they may be dragging me back in

I wonder if he reads that and thinks "I can't believe I'm having to talk about this during Masters week". I mean I hope he is more business savvy then that but at the same time video games has to be the last thing he wants to talk about.

Augusta makes EA's game a bit more appealing. Though I really like playing the user created courses on 2K, some being "similar" to Augusta, the real deal is going to be pretty sweet.

Cover looks really good!
You nailed it... There are a couple of USER CREATED versions of Augusta in 2k that are great. Sure, with tons of time and support the EA version will be better/"prettier" but in the end I'm not sold on what is going on here.

I said it before and I'll say it again, this is EA once again trying to be the Pro League (NFL, FIFA, NBA, NHL, and now the PGA) official game....while offering spotty gameplay and nothing more than a roster update each year. Or worse, the requirement to PURCHASE added content in order to progress.

I'll stick with 2k and the ability to create courses. Its not perfect, but EA's interest is the cash grab -- so having Augusta on the cover should not be a surprise. In fact, didn't they do this about 6-7 years ago with the TW / Rory game....and then bailed on it...???

You nailed it... There are a couple of USER CREATED versions of Augusta in 2k that are great. Sure, with tons of time and support the EA version will be better/"prettier" but in the end I'm not sold on what is going on here.

I said it before and I'll say it again, this is EA once again trying to be the Pro League (NFL, FIFA, NBA, NHL, and now the PGA) official game....while offering spotty gameplay and nothing more than a roster update each year. Or worse, the requirement to PURCHASE added content in order to progress.

I'll stick with 2k and the ability to create courses. Its not perfect, but EA's interest is the cash grab -- so having Augusta on the cover should not be a surprise. In fact, didn't they do this about 6-7 years ago with the TW / Rory game....and then bailed on it...???

The Rory game (the one they bailed on) did not have Augusta in it.

It was Tiger Woods 12,13,14 which had Augusta in it. TW12 was the first year, and the put it prominently on the cover.

1617828171305.png

Thats the only way to compete with a Tiger game. I just hope it comes to gamepass at launch

Is it ethical to buy two video games and play both?? Have to say I haven't had a video game console for some years now. Thought of playing on PC, but I played WGT for some time. Have not played WGT since they switched to an application based pc game.
I don't think it's unethical to get both games. Nor is it unethical to have an Xbox and Playstation console to be able to play different games.

I see the point about EA games jumping in for the $$$$$$. There's a need to be met of course and I hope their product is worthy but I'm taking a wait and see approach. I've bene burned by buying games right when they're released and suffer through bugs, disappointment, and unfortunately in one case, the loss of support from the game developer as they pulled the plug on the thing entirely.

I don't think it's unethical to get both games. Nor is it unethical to have an Xbox and Playstation console to be able to play different games.

I see the point about EA games jumping in for the $$$$$$. There's a need to be met of course and I hope their product is worthy but I'm taking a wait and see approach. I've bene burned by buying games right when they're released and suffer through bugs, disappointment, and unfortunately in one case, the loss of support from the game developer as they pulled the plug on the thing entirely.
ANARCHY! It is not allowed to have multiple game systems or play competitors games. You choose one and you stick with that one for life...NO MATTER WHAT! :ROFLMAO:;)

ANARCHY! It is not allowed to have multiple game systems or play competitors games. You choose one and you stick with that one for life...NO MATTER WHAT! ;)
Exactly man.... lol

Ironically, doesn't that premise hold true for some golfers and their golf equipment choices....? Hmmmmm.

Back