Eating a bratwurst/hotdog

I would be going from one end to the other, no turning around midway through

Actually if the dog or brat does not extend all the way off of the end of the bun then the 2 ends are the worst bites because they have the most bread. She is just making sure she finishes with a good bite and I respect that.
It depends on the size of the bun. If the bun is so large the brat/hotdog does not reach the end on both sides you have to or your last bite ends up being nothing but bun.
Or alternatively, you push it to one end and then start at the bread end to get those bites out of the way

That's not normal but there are probably worse things that could happen...

This pandemic has us consulting about the right way to eat a hotdog..

With all of us being shelter in place, I dont think you need to push the issue . For obvious readons. :p

With all of us being shelter in place, I dont think you need to push the issue . For obvious readons. :p
We are both in "essential" jobs (pharmacy for the wife and agriculture for me) so we are safe for now unless one of us gets sick.

I am sure she is a wonderful lady, but....

It could be worse.. She could warm them up like the grandma in Beerfest.. 😳

I just finished 2 Hebrew National beef dogs that I think were 8" long. I used regular wheat bread so had quite a bit sticking out of each end; I ate it the same way. Unless the meat is hanging out of each end though as mine were, I don't know why someone would go that route. To each his own though!

I do this all the time and now you guys have me convinced I'm broken. Thanks a lot.

Just sitting here chatting with the wife and she is eating. I happened to notice that she had bitten from both ends of the bratwurst on a bun she was eating. I had to pause for a second, it baffled me why she would do this instead of just starting at one end and finishing at the other.

What say you, is this acceptable or not?
Just sitting here chatting with the wife and she is eating. I happened to notice that she had bitten from both ends of the bratwurst on a bun she was eating. I had to pause for a second, it baffled me why she would do this instead of just starting at one end and finishing at the other.

What say you, is this acceptable or not?
Totally acceptable. I do the same, even when I eat tacos and burritos.

Only of the brat is too long, but even then it has to really be hanging out to have me take a bite off the other end.

Easy solution..

Was there something about to drip off the other side?

can this be the same thing, a bratwurst and a hotdog?

what about a footlong chili cheese coney from Sonic, you better get a fork

Was there something about to drip off the other side?
yes, just some ketchup, so no reason to really take a bite, just lick the ketchup off and continue from the end you started on.

Yeah, I think only if something were about to fall out the other side. Otherwise it’s a one way.

I do this all the time and now you guys have me convinced I'm broken. Thanks a lot.
The wife says you are totally normal and not to worry. 👊

Back