Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Have you paid any attention to Edel Golf?

This is a company who is wholly focused on disrupting the status quo through innovation not for the sake of it, but with the founding principal of the company always at the lead, to help golfers perform to their utmost potential by fitting to the induvial attributes we all have in our own swings.

Today, Edel announces the arrival of the SMS Irons, and trust us, you are going to want to pay attention to this one.

Continue reading...

Looks like tiny heads to be hollow body. The weight options could be fun to tinker with.

Great write up @Jman

I need to get some swings in with these, they gotta have incredible feel 🔥

Looks like tiny heads to be hollow body. The weight options could be fun to tinker with.
They are not small heads. For comparison, about the size of Callaway Apex.

They are not small heads. For comparison, about the size of Callaway Apex.
Good to know. The pictures made the heads look small. That's still a serious amount of tech to pack into that iron.

Great write up @Jman. Cant wait to hear the feedback from THPers who received these. It's definitely a premium price, but looks like a premium product. Interested to hear how these work for mid to high handicappers, that and finding a fitter close by that could really dial these in could be a challenge

More detailed thoughts to come. While at Quest Cup we were able to hit the demo clubs as well as @Koske personal set. My first experience was with 4 iron. I have a tendency to leave face open slightly with my long irons resulting in a slight push. The 4 iron with weight in center was dead straight or a slight draw every swing. Took me 4 or 5 swings to absolutely fall in love with these irons. I am so confident in these irons I could easily put them straight in the bag and go play tournament.

Last edited:
Really interested to see THP feedback because these look awesome. This section of the review really jumped out at me: 495E813D-3A96-4F4D-85B3-C21230B43755.jpeg

Attractive irons, seem very likable with performance advantages. When PXG made its debut in 2015, I thought that's a great idea with all of the weighting that you can adjust them to fit your swing. But they discouraged changing the weights out, so the adjustment idea was dead at birth. Opportunity lost. I've always enjoyed Edel's innovation and hope this line works for them.

Great write up @Jman! I really like how Edel is catering to the individual golf player. I'm assuming here, that the best way to get dialed in with these clubs is through a fitting. I defintely see the advantages of the SMS, but by the same token it could be a problem for someone who isn't #lunaticfringe.

Well hello there. Talk about innovation made to enhance one’s golf game in a single line of irons! Truly remarkable! The details have been shared and we all have seen the thoughts on the Edel irons. It’s a start of a revolution and I’m ready for the ride!

Great write up @Jman ! The feel and looks of these clubs look amazing. Can't wait to hear what the Edel Cuppers have to say when they get theirs!

Excellent write up! These look really good and the weight system seems super interesting. Much simpler and probably more effective than when PXG tried it. Those are some pretty impressive speed increases

Nice write up @Jman they sure are good looking irons.

Well hello there. Talk about innovation made to enhance one’s golf game in a single line of irons! Truly remarkable! The details have been shared and we all have seen the thoughts on the Edel irons. It’s a start of a revolution and I’m ready for the ride!
These are a set of irons that I think are a must try. From the moment I took the first swing I was hooked. The wedges are great I feel the irons are even better. I threatened to steal @Koske clubs at the Quest Cup.

Really like the look of the irons. Have been intrigued about the moveable weights in irons since playing another set a few years back. I can definitely see the advantages, and really think that these irons will perform well. After hearing @Koske talk about wanting to get them right, and all the effort they put in, I'm excited for some people to get them on course!!

Not too much to say quite yet. First impressions from our range sessions with them.... They look better in person, they feel great to hit, and I love the Idea of being able to change the weight. We did not get to tinker with it too much at the Quest Cup but when we receive our sets that is one thing I will probably do right away is move weight to the toe. When it comes to comparison to my TC-201s... the SMS head is slightly bigger and the Top line is thicker then what I personally like. It was the only thing I could come up with and mentioned to @Koske that I didn't like. Other than the weight in the heel, I hit @Koske iron that he had just moved the weigh into the heel and could not hit anything other than a draw. The SMS will be more forgiving then my TC-201s so I am looking forward to getting some forgiveness back. Cant wait to get these in hand to test more in depth and compare more numbers to my current gamers.

Last edited:
It is something about the design that gives it that appearance. Standing over them preparing to swing they give you a great deal of confidence. After only a few swings with 4 iron I told @Koske I was sold. Feel sound and performance they have dialed it in with this set.

These irons look really nice. I always like the idea of having the opportunity to dial in your setup.

It is something about the design that gives it that appearance. Standing over them preparing to swing they give you a great deal of confidence. After only a few swings with 4 iron I told @Koske I was sold. Feel sound and performance they have dialed it in with this set.
the pessimist in me thinks that for $250 a club, performance better be dialed in. There does look to a lot of design and tech in there, the price makes sense.

The pictures don't do justice to how great the club looks in person. And it sounds really good too. I had the chance to hit the 4 iron and 7 iron in both steel and graphite along with a few other clubs from Koske's bag.

In my current bag my irons stop at the 6i and then it's 4 hybrid because I've never found a 4i I could hit. The Edel was better for me a little right from the jump but then I moved the weight to the heel and I hit 4i better than I ever have before.

The 7i was good in steel but in graphite it felt like home. I have Ping i500s currently and the Edel irons were an easy transition from my current gamers. I say a slight gain in speed but some other THPers saw major gains when switching to the Edel irons.

Really looking forward to getting these in the bag and using them full time here soon. If you like the wedges I think the irons will be the perfect complement to them

These are a set of irons that I think are a must try. From the moment I took the first swing I was hooked. The wedges are great I feel the irons are even better. I threatened to steal @Koske clubs at the Quest Cup.
It was fun reading your thoughts on the irons and can’t wait to hear your continued thoughts on the SMS irons.

Screws in 5 different weights? The tinkerers dream.

That was one of the thoughts I had with the wedge. If you would be able to "split" the heavy weight between the mid and toe ports one day. Here we are. 😍

New iron release! This makes me smile.

Back