My demo 7I came today. Don't have @Wildcat's game so had to go with the standard 7I. This thing looks awesome and I'm pumped to get it on the range/course.

Sometimes it's the little things and Edel excels there. A nice little valuables pouch with the wrench in it. The wrench will go in one of my bag pockets but the bag will not be wasted. Also the finishing on these is excellent. From the satin finish to the paint fill and the matching hosel. Love it.
View attachment 9256136

Here's some comparison pics with the SMS 7I against my Smoke and Apex 21 7Is. A tiny bit more compact, but nothing that looks too intimidating over the ball.
View attachment 9256140
View attachment 9256141
View attachment 9256142

Looking forward to testing this one out and seeing how it compares. Same shaft as I have in the Smokes so should be as apples to apples as I can make it.
You don’t have to hit it like me to play these irons. With the weights you can customize them for your swing. That’s the beauty. But the beauty, forgiveness and feel will still be there.

Just built for you

My demo 7I came today. Don't have @Wildcat's game so had to go with the standard 7I. This thing looks awesome and I'm pumped to get it on the range/course.

Sometimes it's the little things and Edel excels there. A nice little valuables pouch with the wrench in it. The wrench will go in one of my bag pockets but the bag will not be wasted. Also the finishing on these is excellent. From the satin finish to the paint fill and the matching hosel. Love it.
View attachment 9256136

Here's some comparison pics with the SMS 7I against my Smoke and Apex 21 7Is. A tiny bit more compact, but nothing that looks too intimidating over the ball.
View attachment 9256140
View attachment 9256141
View attachment 9256142

Looking forward to testing this one out and seeing how it compares. Same shaft as I have in the Smokes so should be as apples to apples as I can make it.
Did you get a chance to weigh it for SW?

The marketing strategy in part by @EdelBlake is so smart. The SMS is so different and Edel is not top of mind (they should be) that getting these irons in the hands of players is so important.

Hitting these irons just changes perception. It did for me and it’s happened more times at the range than I can count.

The marketing strategy in part by @EdelBlake is so smart. The SMS is so different and Edel is not top of mind (they should be) that getting these irons in the hands of players is so important.

Hitting these irons just changes perception. It did for me and it’s happened more times at the range than I can count.
Everyone that asks about them i tell them to hit whatever iron they want! They all love the feel and sound and are totally into the weights being able to be moved around if needed.

Everyone that asks about them i tell them to hit whatever iron they want! They all love the feel and sound and are totally into the weights being able to be moved around if needed.
Knowing what I know now this is embarrassing to post.

Many had the SMS wedges in league and was always tempted to try them. I believed in the SMS tech but thought it may be a gimmick, like an infomercial club.

What I didn’t know but should have is the quality of the brand. These aren’t irons with a great idea.

These are premium irons that have more thought into them than just the SMS. The quality is top level and every detail is thought out. Players built these clubs to perform at exacting levels. I’m just happy that THP was able to get these in my bag.

Just checked again to be sure. It’s in the D3 range but really close to D4.
Looking forward to seeing how it stands up against your gamers.

Working on learning to hit knockdown shots today. It was a perfect day to practice as we had a 20mph headwind on the range. I started out with a GW/PW for a 100 yard shot trying both clubs and was doing pretty good. We went out to a 145 yard pin and i was using my 7 iron and rolling them right up on the green. The wind picked up and i had to use my 6 iron for that shot. Finished up with some 4 irons and called it a day before the wind got any worse.

Not my best day with the irons but i did have a nice 35 yard eagle chip in with my set GW so that made it an awesome day!

Back