I still want a set. For science. 🤣
That's why I want to hit them. They're not for me, but I need to feel the science! :p

Thanks for all that, @Jman

At address, they aren’t that unlike the Z’s in my bag, in terms of offset and top line. Probably sounds crazy to you, but I haven’t hit any hollowbody irons, other than the ones that were around 8-10 years ago. Obviously, these are much different than some of the dogs back then :LOL:

The distance thing is interesting to me. I listened to Dan’s pod, and I know @Koske mentioned them being long, but it’s still difficult to wrap my head around that when I look at them.

Do you have any observations on launch conditions? Sounds like it’s pretty common for people to see increases in ball speed.
I was at about 110 feet peak with the 7i, that’s with a KBS Tour I’ve not hit in probably 4 years? Hahaha

The launch needs to be a story, it’s there, not too much, but it’s definitely helping show off that distance with the spin profile going on here imo.

I would LOVE to see you experience the weights…they freaking WORK.

I was at about 110 feet peak with the 7i, that’s with a KBS Tour I’ve not hit in probably 4 years? Hahaha

The launch needs to be a story, it’s there, not too much, but it’s definitely helping show off that distance with the spin profile going on here imo.

I would LOVE to see you experience the weights…they freaking WORK.
The 4 iron at Quest Cup was a big surprise. So easy to launch.

So, hit these today. Was with a KBS Tour at +1, so a little long for me, but I choked down.

They’re what I’d call “thumpy”. They are all there, little head heavy for me which I like, and at impact they remind me of the PTx style hollow body which is a big compliment.

The sole is a little wider than I expected in hand, and the grind is definitely unique to anything I’ve seen personally, in a good way after hitting them. The lack of any offset is beautiful, and the top line is a little square, but it’s not too big. They’re absolutely spot on with the profile category they’re in and look better than anything else in that realm for me personally.

I think they might be too long for me, is that a thing? I ended up best with the heavy weight toe side to control that draw. High, easy, long.

Pics for @Hawk

View attachment 9110932View attachment 9110933View attachment 9110934View attachment 9110935
I keep going back to these pics. They look so good

I’ve spent some time thinking about this same thing. Will have to see how the set GW and the 50 SMS wedge gap. Will be some serious experimenting. Going to a 16.5 fairway could very well be an option.
I’m thinking the same. I was going to bend the set gap wedge 2 strong to gap with my 52 but my fitter strongly recommended against it and I should only be bending weak. If the set wedge gaps with my 52 I’ll get a weaker fw and deal with gaps at the top. If they are similar I may bend the set weak and drop one of the wedges.

The sole shape is unlike anything I’ve seen before.
Looking forward to getting them in hand. Then can spend some time looking them over. I’ll admit that I didn’t pay strict attention to all the details of the head design during our limited testing at Quest Cup. I for one spent what time we had with them hitting balls on the range. Mine will be arriving with Steel fiber i95 shafts. Those might stay or could be replaced with a combo of Rapid Taper 85s and 95s.

Looking forward to getting them in hand. Then can spend some time looking them over. I’ll admit that I didn’t pay strict attention to all the details of the head design during our limited testing at Quest Cup. I for one spent what time we had with them hitting balls on the range. Mine will be arriving with Steel fiber i95 shafts. Those might stay or could be replaced with a combo of Rapid Taper 85s and 95s.
It’ll be a fun combo. I think you’ll like them.

The sole shape is unlike anything I’ve seen before.
That’s the picture that really caught my eye. I don’t know if it’s the lighting in the photo or what but it stuck out to me like crazy. I have a faint recollection of CK talking about sole grinds with the irons being something they had really experimented with so I’m curious to see how all of our feedback is playing off various conditions.

That’s the picture that really caught my eye. I don’t know if it’s the lighting in the photo or what but it stuck out to me like crazy. I have a faint recollection of CK talking about sole grinds with the irons being something they had really experimented with so I’m curious to see how all of our feedback is playing off various conditions.
I never got to talk to Ryan more about what I was seeing because he was there to fit two of my HS kiddos, but that grind sort of has me all kinds of curious.

It’ll be a fun combo. I think you’ll like them.
Popeye sent me a 7 iron demo. Think there are good possibilities.

Popeye sent me a 7 iron demo. Think there are good possibilities.
I was speaking of the SF setup.
I think you’ll enjoy.

I never got to talk to Ryan more about what I was seeing because he was there to fit two of my HS kiddos, but that grind sort of has me all kinds of curious.
Has some trail edge relief. Chris talked about it. There was so much info to try and take in. I think it was due to the fact that sole width has to be a certain width to allow space for weight ports. Grinding relief gives appearance of a narrower sole. Anyone else remember this aspect of the design.

Looks kind of T-grindish? The sole is really rounded as well which is interesting.

Has some trail edge relief. Chris talked about it. There was so much info to try and take in. I think it was due to the fact that sole width has to be a certain width to allow space for weight ports. Grinding relief gives appearance of a narrower sole. Anyone else remember this aspect of the design.
I don’t remember the specifics. I do remember that they worked hard to make them look slimmer than they play.

Great pics @Jman, those really look good. the weights are so interesting and neat to me. Really cool they did that. These are going to surprise some folks I think.

So, hit these today. Was with a KBS Tour at +1, so a little long for me, but I choked down.

They’re what I’d call “thumpy”. They are all there, little head heavy for me which I like, and at impact they remind me of the PTx style hollow body which is a big compliment.

The sole is a little wider than I expected in hand, and the grind is definitely unique to anything I’ve seen personally, in a good way after hitting them. The lack of any offset is beautiful, and the top line is a little square, but it’s not too big. They’re absolutely spot on with the profile category they’re in and look better than anything else in that realm for me personally.

I think they might be too long for me, is that a thing? I ended up best with the heavy weight toe side to control that draw. High, easy, long.

Pics for @Hawk

View attachment 9110932View attachment 9110933View attachment 9110934View attachment 9110935

I get a strong Ben Hogan Personal iron vibe here. The sole reminds me of a refined Cobra SZ sole. Definitely unique. I do like it though.
42B8DB5F-194C-4BD3-8647-E9A58F65B906.jpeg61956718-A095-42A1-AE59-1EE544293719.jpeg

I feel like what you're saying is spot on with what I remember.

Finding the distance jump on these interesting. I still really want to try these. If I ever get to GolfTec for an Edel putter fitting I may ask to hit these just for shiggles.

Pretty cool video on these on the CC YouTube page. I am really excited to experience these soon.

Pretty cool video on these on the CC YouTube page. I am really excited to experience these soon.

Wow. That really is an interesting video.

One thing that stood out is the comment that different irons will have different weighting, which was definitively shown to have a pretty big impact. As somebody using a set with tungsten toe-weighting in the mid/low irons, it does make me wonder how that static weight is impacting my swing. Only way I’d ever know is a system like this.

As this concept evolves, I wonder if a general set of defaults will become more apparent to the fitters. For example, this type of swing reacts best with a toe weight, so start there.

Also, the idea you could dial in each iron in a set is pretty amazing. Hate to be too googly eyed, but damn. Definitely want to try these out.

Wow. That really is an interesting video.

One thing that stood out is the comment that different irons will have different weighting, which was definitively shown to have a pretty big impact. As somebody using a set with tungsten toe-weighting in the mid/low irons, it does make me wonder how that static weight is impacting my swing. Only way I’d ever know is a system like this.

As this concept evolves, I wonder if a general set of defaults will become more apparent to the fitters. For example, this type of swing reacts best with a toe weight, so start there.

Also, the idea you could dial in each iron in a set is pretty amazing. Hate to be too googly eyed, but damn. Definitely want to try these out.
That's a really good question, I left my Edel putter feeling pretty impressed by how knowledgable the fitter was, and I'm sure in time they will be right there with these as well. I think a lot of us went with pretty standard L/L/L so it will be interesting to see what adjustments will be made and what everyone's results are after some testing. They sure seem to be creating a lot of excitement from what I've seen by way of Youtube reviews etc.

Back