After 6 holes, I am hitting the little push cut the sim was telling me on every shot. However for some reason I had moved the weight to the toe in the 9i and just threw a dart exactly where I was trying to go. Gonna start moving weights as I play wash iron and see what happens.
Omg I love hearing this

16616344435155868808549276135915.jpg

After 2 4i off the tee that were within 4ft of each other I decided to try the set g wedge vs my 52v grind. From 116 this was the result about 26ft

Ok, here is 7i with weights in different places View attachment 9115830
7i is center, wedge is heel, iron is toe. I really expected to like them better in the toe than the heel. Maybe it has to do with the lighter shafts.
Interesting that the speed was so different but carry was similar.

Made it through 11 holes before my wife called saying she was home and wanted to go to dinner. Once I started moving the weights to the toe the ball striking and flight really changed. I started hitting them straight and high. Not as far as the sim said but I can chalk that up to being tired from hitting so many balls and to it being really wet so there was no run out at all.

I was playing from a forward set of tees that plays 5400yds but was only using the irons, so 4i off every tee. Once I moved the weight I started hitting them all about 195ish unless I made just a horrible swing.

Not sure I'm sold on the Steelfiber shafts. They may be a touch too stiff. I'll play with them a few months and see. Not sure if it's the stiffness or the lighter weight I'm not liking

Made it through 11 holes before my wife called saying she was home and wanted to go to dinner. Once I started moving the weights to the toe the ball striking and flight really changed. I started hitting them straight and high. Not as far as the sim said but I can chalk that up to being tired from hitting so many balls and to it being really wet so there was no run out at all.

I was playing from a forward set of tees that plays 5400yds but was only using the irons, so 4i off every tee. Once I moved the weight I started hitting them all about 195ish unless I made just a horrible swing.

Not sure I'm sold on the Steelfiber shafts. They may be a touch too stiff. I'll play with them a few months and see. Not sure if it's the stiffness or the lighter weight I'm not liking
I like the idea of only using irons….I may steal that idea only using Edel clubs see what can i shoot haha

Last edited:
I like the idea of only using irons….I may steal that idea.only using Edel clubs what can is shoot haha
Sounds like a giveaway contest idea 🤔.

I like the idea of only using irons….I may steal that idea only using Edel clubs see what can i shoot haha
That's pretty much what I was doing. I was over through 11. The 4 holes I played with the weight in the heel before the approach shot on 5 where I had it in the tow I was 3 over. Played the rest in 1over. Take that with a grain of salt (ok a whole shaker) as I was playing 2 balls from every tee box and playing them both in. I tried to only right down the score from the original ball played, but I can't guarantee I actually wrote down the right one as several times they were too close to tell which was which. Also if I hit a really bad 1st ball I would just pick it up, but I think I only did that once after moving the weight to the toe. It was more about just hitting as many shots ass possible

That's pretty much what I was doing. I was over through 11. The 4 holes I played with the weight in the heel before the approach shot on 5 where I had it in the tow I was 3 over. Played the rest in 1over. Take that with a grain of salt (ok a whole shaker) as I was playing 2 balls from every tee box and playing them both in. I tried to only right down the score from the original ball played, but I can't guarantee I actually wrote down the right one as several times they were too close to tell which was which. Also if I hit a really bad 1st ball I would just pick it up, but I think I only did that once after moving the weight to the toe. It was more about just hitting as many shots ass possible
What’s your usual shot shape? You mentioned seeing a little cut on some shots, is that out of the ordinary for you?

@Slowmo where do you have the weight in your wedges? Is it also in the toe? I don’t necessarily think they will be the same. I really liked it in the wedges toe side on full swings but moved it to the middle because I like it there on partial shots. I foresee me having it in the toe on irons.

Just off the course and have some catching up to do. Some good Sunday morning reading….

@Slowmo where do you have the weight in your wedges? Is it also in the toe? I don’t necessarily think they will be the same. I really liked it in the wedges toe side on full swings but moved it to the middle because I like it there on partial shots. I foresee me having it in the toe on irons.
I have it in the toe on my wedges and that's why I expected to put them there in the irons, which ended up being what happened. I was surprised that the data said put it in the heel. Then was equally surprised I could hit themwell that way on the course, but on the toe fixed everything. I have to assume is has to do with my downward angle of attack and it not getting along with turf hitting mats.

At my fitting for wedges the heel was best by a lot. Feeling and numbers-wise. Toe felt like garbage. When I hit the SMS Irons at fitting the weight in the toe felt significantly better. It was shocking to me how much better it was. I look forward to messing with them at my leisure when they show up.

What’s your usual shot shape? You mentioned seeing a little cut on some shots, is that out of the ordinary for you?
I usually hit a low draw which is why I was surprised I was hitting a push cut with the weight in the heel. I totally expected to hit a smother hook with the weight in the heel. Maybe I was making some kind of move to fight that and not realizing it. With the toe weight on the course it was nice and straight and higher than I usually hit.

I usually hit a low draw which is why I was surprised I was hitting a push cut with the weight in the heel. I totally expected to hit a smother hook with the weight in the heel. Maybe I was making some kind of move to fight that and not realizing it. With the toe weight on the course it was nice and straight and higher than I usually hit.
That’s awesome. Definitely some nice feedback to hear after day 1. I imagine the new height could take some getting used to, especially in the conditions you normally play in.

That’s awesome. Definitely some nice feedback to hear after day 1. I imagine the new height could take some getting used to, especially in the conditions you normally play in.
Yeah, with the wind here, especially the few times a year I go play on Galveston island, I'm gonna need to learn to hit it lower

Made it through 11 holes before my wife called saying she was home and wanted to go to dinner.

The odd thing is, when that happens to me my phone gets very statickey. I‘ll call you back dear, can’t hear you….

Let's go boys!!
20220827_134913.jpg

I think about these a lot. The bombs I was hitting with the 7i live in my head.

ok, here we go, the day we've been waiting for. First, let me say that these irons feel absolutely amazing. I play Mizuno MP20 MMC and these felt every bit as soft, maybe even softer. Just so buttery! Sadly we were stuck hitting from mats so we didn't get to feel turf interaction, but I can't imagine it being anything but great. The soles weren't very thick for players distance irons, probably pretty similar to this years Forged tech. Top line wasn't huge and didn't bother my eye at all. We were able to hit demo irons in 4, 7, and PW and they all felt amazing. I'll admit I did tinker with the weights a little and you can definitely feel a difference, just like in the wedges. I can't wait to get them in hand and find the right spot for me.

Now, lets talk gains :cool: I posted these pictures in the quest cup thread, but this seems like a good time to post them again.
With my Mizuno 7i, Modus 120s shaft
View attachment 9096585

Demo 7i with Modus 120R shaft and weight in the toe. Not a shabby gain at all. Hit a little push with this. Usually when I get that little push cut I also lose distance. Here I gained distance and almost 1500 spin!
View attachment 9096586

And finally (get ready to have your mind blown!
With @Koske personal set (He was so generous to let us lunatics hit his personal clubs) MMT95 shaft, weight in the heel. I hit a little pull with this shot, which does tend to travel a little further. 17 yard gain and over 500 more spin! That is nuts!
View attachment 9096588

Needless to say I'm just a little excited to put these in the bag as soon as possible!

I would be very curious what others are seeing with their spin numbers. I've got good clubhead speed, but I'm a bit of a low spin player. If I could get a bit higher spin numbers without sacrificing too much distance that would be really nice. I already have the Edel SMS wedges (58/54/50).

Also continue to be curious on the weight settings. I play a draw but feel most comfortable with the heavy weight in the heel on the wedges.......sort of the exact opposite of what I would have thought.

I would be very curious what others are seeing with their spin numbers. I've got good clubhead speed, but I'm a bit of a low spin player. If I could get a bit higher spin numbers without sacrificing too much distance that would be really nice. I already have the Edel SMS wedges (58/54/50).

Also continue to be curious on the weight settings. I play a draw but feel most comfortable with the heavy weight in the heel on the wedges.......sort of the exact opposite of what I would have thought.
Saturday morning I went and rented a sim bay and took this.
1661777742743.png
the 7i line is with weight in the center, Iron with weight in the toe, and wedge with weight in the heel. Those numbers lead me to say I should have the weight in the heel. However, I posted later that on course I was hitting a thin little push cut both on the sim and on the course but at one point I had a weight in the toe on a 9i shot for some reason (I guess I moved it while hitting on the sim for some reason) and hit it dead straight, higher ball flight, and much better ball strike. I started moving all of the weights to the toe as I played the rest of the holes I was able to play before the wife called and said to come home, and the push cut and thin ball contact went away. I tend to have a bit of a steeper swing so I wonder if that's why numbers were different on the sim with the club bouncing off the turf differently.

Back