My concern is them being hollow. I just don't get along with them well....
Do not sound or feel hollow. I have loved my forge tec irons. The SMS irons win feel sound and performance. They will go straight into the bag no questions asked.

Can’t really remember too much about the feel to be honest as it was a while ago. I am excited to get them in as the less offset and different sole than the FT’s is intriguing. Really interested to see how they gap with the SMS wedges especially.

I would say from when I hit them.... you would not know they were hollow body.. they don’t really feel like or sound like it....

I’m a high handicapper. I got to take quite a few swings with the 7 iron at the quest cup event. The height and distance were astounding. But the biggest takeaway of the clubs were one word. Solid. I can’t hit a blade unless it’s off a tee. It feels like that.

Today is the day!

Is a 188 7i good? Trackman said it was, outdoors? 🤣

hit them and you won't realize they are hollow body. They don't feel or sound like most hollow body clubs do.

So, hit these today. Was with a KBS Tour at +1, so a little long for me, but I choked down.

They’re what I’d call “thumpy”. They are all there, little head heavy for me which I like, and at impact they remind me of the PTx style hollow body which is a big compliment.

The sole is a little wider than I expected in hand, and the grind is definitely unique to anything I’ve seen personally, in a good way after hitting them. The lack of any offset is beautiful, and the top line is a little square, but it’s not too big. They’re absolutely spot on with the profile category they’re in and look better than anything else in that realm for me personally.

I think they might be too long for me, is that a thing? I ended up best with the heavy weight toe side to control that draw. High, easy, long.

Pics for @Hawk

28DF9C9F-66E1-4082-BF84-E77E45D313F6.jpeg271F9283-9FE5-4E96-90E0-6C02A9786611.jpegB0C28E28-E7A1-410C-881F-ED7E7791EA93.jpeg01E1E6CF-E6C5-40B2-9F01-63763CFEBC1F.jpeg

So, hit these today. Was with a KBS Tour at +1, so a little long for me, but I choked down.

They’re what I’d call “thumpy”. They are all there, little head heavy for me which I like, and at impact they remind me of the PTx style hollow body which is a big compliment.

The sole is a little wider than I expected in hand, and the grind is definitely unique to anything I’ve seen personally, in a good way after hitting them. The lack of any offset is beautiful, and the top line is a little square, but it’s not too big. They’re absolutely spot on with the profile category they’re in and look better than anything else in that realm for me personally.

I think they might be too long for me, is that a thing? I ended up best with the heavy weight toe side to control that draw. High, easy, long.

Pics for @Hawk
It is absolutely a thing. when you're hitting a 190yd 7i I would start to worry about gapping at the bottom of the bag. It's why I chose Mp20MMC over the Hot Metal Pro when I bought irons in 2020

It is absolutely a thing. when you're hitting a 190yd 7i I would start to worry about gapping at the bottom of the bag. It's why I chose Mp20MMC over the Hot Metal Pro when I bought irons in 2020
I still want a set. For science. 🤣

I still want a set. For science. 🤣
I will say at one point Koske told us he plays both the set gap wedge at 50* and an SMS wedge at 50* because the set wedge was longer than the specialty 50* wedge

I will say at one point Koske told us he plays both the set gap wedge at 50* and an SMS wedge at 50* because the set wedge was longer than the specialty 50* wedge
I’m wondering if that’s what I’m going to end up doing here. I’d be okay dropping my 4H if the set 4I works out for me.

That's kind of what I"m planning to do. Cut down to a single fairway wood instead of a 3 and 5. Might try to go to a 4w.

I’ve spent some time thinking about this same thing. Will have to see how the set GW and the 50 SMS wedge gap. Will be some serious experimenting. Going to a 16.5 fairway could very well be an option.

Thanks for all that, @Jman

At address, they aren’t that unlike the Z’s in my bag, in terms of offset and top line. Probably sounds crazy to you, but I haven’t hit any hollowbody irons, other than the ones that were around 8-10 years ago. Obviously, these are much different than some of the dogs back then :LOL:

The distance thing is interesting to me. I listened to Dan’s pod, and I know @Koske mentioned them being long, but it’s still difficult to wrap my head around that when I look at them.

Do you have any observations on launch conditions? Sounds like it’s pretty common for people to see increases in ball speed.

Man, I am having a hard time practicing with my current set knowing these will be in the bag soon. I am really looking forward to these.

Man, I am having a hard time practicing with my current set knowing these will be in the bag soon. I am really looking forward to these.
E0634C7D-1E13-42A1-87B1-81FFDD1A2CAF.jpeg

Back