Giving this pic a nudge and something I'd love to hear a lot about from each tester in their golf location/grass.

For Ohio, with the thick rough here, I really was shocked by how aggressively the ball jumped out of it. Loved that, rarely ever 'dead' out of the grass, especially when in a decent lie.

Great picture.

Definitely agree. Did some green side chipping practice in thick stuff tonight with the weight in the heel. Cut through nicely and came out smooth.

Did some spin testing tonight with shots into practice greens from green side, 15, 20, and 30 yards.

My 50* V Grind definitely out performs my TaylorMade Rsi1 50* by a long shot. Not even a competition.

But from what I am seeing so far, it does not spin as much as my 54* ZipCore. Now this is a different degree and I have played it longer, but it will be interesting to continue to shift the weight around to see if I can mimic what I can do with my ZipCore.

Putting these side by side in a simulator would be great to get an idea of what spin rates look like.

What are you guys seeing with spin? Better, comparable, not as good as what you are currently gaming?

yeah @Nate<80 I think the spin has been quite fair if not notable. Obviously nothing that is ripping apart my golf balls as I go through a round, but more than enough for stopping power and some zip.

I made a weird transition into these though, going from warn out grooves to these which brought a TON of bite greenside haha - it was an awkward week or two when I got started.

Put the Edel into play last night for 9 holes.

Had 6 total shots with it.

130 yards: Hit it heavy out of rough missed short right.
110 yards: Hit a pure shot, just came up short of the green, right on line.
75 yards; Thinned it, missed right long.

3 shots green side: Extremely accurate and had putts close enough where I made all three.

I need to figure out the 3/4 to full swings, I had the weight in the heel and I might go to the middle to see if that helps.

Green side is filthy, very accurate with just the right amount of spin!

Put the Edel into play last night for 9 holes.

Had 6 total shots with it.

130 yards: Hit it heavy out of rough missed short right.
110 yards: Hit a pure shot, just came up short of the green, right on line.
75 yards; Thinned it, missed right long.

3 shots green side: Extremely accurate and had putts close enough where I made all three.

I need to figure out the 3/4 to full swings, I had the weight in the heel and I might go to the middle to see if that helps.

Green side is filthy, very accurate with just the right amount of spin!
Excellent. I’m hoping to duplicate some of your greens de magic today. We are playing a (rare for AZ) bent grass greens today.

Learned a new feature of the C grind Edel. Close the face slightly with a tight lie chip. It’s relief makes it really hard not probable to thin it. The versitility of these is just amazing. I’m thinks of going 50. 58 in C grind. Abd not carrying another specialty wedge.

Learned a new feature of the C grind Edel. Close the face slightly with a tight lie chip. It’s relief makes it really hard not probable to thin it. The versitility of these is just amazing. I’m thinks of going 50. 58 in C grind. Abd not carrying another specialty wedge.
Who showed you that?

My next review on this wedge.......I ordered a 58 with a C grind to compliment my 50 deg tester.

This thing is lethal green side. A lot of tap ins yesterday.

Thinking of ordering a 50 C grind with the Paderson Kinettix shaft
Sounds like fun
Only draw back…. The price $277!

Put my 50* into play last night in league. My main takeaway with this club in one word: VERSATILITY.

Shots from the evening:
-Green Side spinning chip put to 5 feet.
-150 yard down wind shot with a GIR
-120 yard high difficulty shot over trees, hit the green. Had to open the face and put it in the front of my stance and absolutely sent it.

I have been keeping the weight in the center and liking the results.

Question for the group. Once you have the moved the weights to your preferred position, does the wedge feel more "forgiving" than other similar style wedges?

Question for the group. Once you have the moved the weights to your preferred position, does the wedge feel more "forgiving" than other similar style wedges?
That’s not something I really noticed personally, just that the interaction improved for me as I dialed in the weights.

Overdue, but I've been moving so I had the club sent to a relative and I finally got it. I received a 54* T-grind. Had no idea my username would be etched in it, that's so cool and makes it a lot harder to let my friends use it!

Speaking of that, until Edel makes left handed wedges I will have to do a second-hand review. I invited 3 golf friends over for a house-warming party and played some Chippo in the backyard. We moved the target back and forth from 5 yards to 30 yards, so we were only really able to take full-swings on some flop shots. None of them are equipment junkies like me and had not heard of Edel before, but immediately noticed the quality and loved the looks. The thing that everyone noticed was the T-grind, which noticeably allowed the same turf interaction/bounce no matter how they opened the club. This made our flop shot challenge pretty fun and entertaining (and easier than it should have been for most of them).

Unfortunately we did not get much of a chance to play around with the weights. Looking forward to getting it into someone's bag on the course.

Beautiful club, thanks so much THP!

20210922_170849.jpg

Paging testers. Keep those thoughts coming guys. Pretty quiet in here.

@jjjgolf500
@mtbloco
@Nate<80
@That post
@wazzubrew

I finally got my purchased 58 C-grind out on course. It was a rude way to introduce myself to that wedge. My course has baked and scalped the fairways/rough to make the bermuda go dormant. Overseed starts Sunday. So to call the conditions hardpan and tight is under selling it. When I was able to use it, I am very impressed. As I get more comfortable, i'm positive that the combination of the 50 and 58 will improve my game.

I continue to feel that these wedges just don't get caught up in the rough like others i've played. At Barton Creek in Austin, TX, they had some rather lush rough. My tester 50 C-grind was a weapon. I really love the ability to close the face and use a putting stroke green side. the large toe relief makes this shot very effective. All but eliminating the fatted chip.

My favorite shot of the last day in Austin was the approach (after layup) on 18. This hole is all uphill with a large ravine protecting the front of the green. We had watched all weekend players come up woefully short with 3/20 going in said ravine. Since I was in a tied match, I played to the 100 yard target. A stage if you will just before the canyon and still well below the green. One can't see any of the surface, and only the top 2 feet of the flag.

With the first group of THPers forming a gallery, I took dead aim at the flag and went "full send" , if there is such a thing with a wedge. I struck it well, it was right on line. I then heard cheers from the gallery. So I tipped my hat. When I drove up, I saw that I pulled off a one hop stop 7 feet from the pin. I knew I had just won my match.

I had a Kinetixx wedge shaft snap off in one 😢

Going to take a lot of not fun drilling out.

Hahahaha! Nah, don’t be, things happen sometimes!
Truth. a good drill press and jig will have it sorted in no time. But you live in Oklahoma...so you're probably going to hand drill it like a boss.

I did a live round update the other day and felt like it was more of an Edel wedge update than anything with how many shots I hit. I am still seeing some fantastic yardages with them, especially the 50 degree when I get after it. I was really hoping they would feature a grind that was more "iron like" in the heel side but it really hasn't reduced any shot potential so far as I can tell.

I hit a couple greenside floppers that were absolutely insane. The 58 gets through the turf SO quick, and the grooves let the ball jump off big time even when the face is wide open. Numerous kick ins including over two bunkers, and out of a bunker.

The craziest greenside result was on my second to last hole. I was super short-sided in the rough, with almost no green to work with. I went for the old hero flop hoping I could land it pin high, and it actually jumped up so quick that it landed in the fringe (yes, that's higher up than forward), bounced again on the green, and grabbed. Give me a bet on that and I'd take my money on long 10 times out of 10. It was wild.

Anymore thoughts guys?
I am thinking about putting a 58 in the bag for some upcoming rounds

I’ve been using my 56° SMS for everything inside 80y. I especially like it around the green. It glides through the rough better than any club in the bag. Previous to the Edel I was a 7i bump and run kinda guy when I was just off the green but not anymore.

I did move the weight back to neutral.

I’m still waiting for my first hole out chip with it. Maybe my round tomorrow will deliver!

Back