Yeah. I agree, don't feel rewarded with crisp strikes green side.
They are still really good wedges and I enjoy them. But I am missing a bit of bite I was seeing with zip cores around the green. Not a big deal, just adjust and move on.

Having played a few rounds with these wedges I am a fan. Though I still think they lack some green side spin. Full swings are not an issue. But they rarely are for any wedge. It’s les than and partial shots where you can really distinguish spin differences.

the grinds on these are awesome. Love the T and D grinds.
I’m the opposite. I find that that spin around the green to be incredible. I find that I have to throw ball close to the hole due to the spin and check. Last 2 guys I played with were amazed at how hard the ball checked on crisp clean chip shots.

Does anyone remember if they were going to release a weight kit and specialty tool for the wedges? I don’t see one on the website but am curious about tinkering with some different weights after listening to the off course this week.
Haven't heard but seems to be a common size. I use the star wrench that came with a PXG driver.

Are you normally a standard wedge from 100 yards guy or a gap wedge from that distance?
I was playing the set gap wedge with my forged tecs before getting the Edels. The 50 degree Edel has now kind of slipped into that 100 yard slot. There is a bit of a gapping issue now as my set PW is averaging about 130, and the set gap was 118. I’m trying to play to back of green distances right now so I’m more likely to pull a PW in that yardage range and if it’s less than 130 just swing easier. I’ll be interested to see how the Edel irons gap with the wedges, and if I need to do some tweaking to my set up.

Are you using the same wedge for tight lies and rough? That’s one thing I have been really impressed with is how the T and C both work in all conditions.
Last night I was using the 54T and 58V. The 54 is the most likely to get pulled out of the bag on-course, as I am never too concerned about it getting caught up in the rough. We’re still super wet here, and this wedge just chops through the muck and wet grass. Using the same chipping technique I can roll over the 54 onto the heel with the relief and open the face on tight lies, which has been awesome for me - as long as I don’t get scared of it the bounce will work. The 58V is roughly the same for me, I might have a slightly easier time off of tight lies with the T grind because of the heel relief.

The 54T is just so good and I like the feel of the shaft as well. Im hitting it so well im thinking of replacing my set Gap Wedge with a 48 degree Edel wedge. I have the KBSHi Rev 115 gram in my 54T but not sure if I will go with that in the gap wedge or something different.

Got a quick short game session in and mostly worked on high lofted chips today trying to put it up high over a slope and stop it quick.

The 56T was awesome putting it up high with an open face. I always struggled with turf interaction with my old wedges and would get the ground early and chunk those flops. The T grind is so easy to open up and gets off the turf perfect. Spin continues to be amazing on these and I was hitting high long flops with a chipping motion that I could send all the way to the hole and stop.

I got to play today and had a lot of good wedge shots playing with @mtbloco. I need to get my full wedge distances down a little better. I don’t feel confident yet that I can swing a full 60 degree wedge and know it is going 80 yards. I have just been hitting a partial 50 degree in that situation.

Had 1 disaster hole with the Edel's today. Hit 2u into fairway and missed green. Took a pitch and a chip to get on and still left a lengthy bogey putt...which I missed. Only bad hole and obviously it was bad contact. Other than that they performed ok, not great. Still getting dialed in with these. Where they are excelling is the bare lies I was getting. The D grind has been great for those.

I got to play today and had a lot of good wedge shots playing with @mtbloco. I need to get my full wedge distances down a little better. I don’t feel confident yet that I can swing a full 60 degree wedge and know it is going 80 yards. I have just been hitting a partial 50 degree in that situation.
That's kind of where I'm at with these. In the last few rounds I've sent a few over the green that kind of shocked me a bit. Feeling a lot more confident getting it back on the green after though.

Feels like I haven't played in weeks. Because I haven't. Man I miss hitting these. Hopefully I get sneak out at some point this upcoming weekend

Had a little bit of struggle getting greenside spin... found out a part of it was just my own set up. struggled through a small change... but back to chipping way better. The wedges are great... if I want more spin now I believe I could if I changed shafts. These are the best wedges I have ever had.

Had a chance to hit these on range yesterday. First time in a while. “Damn work” Working on a few swing issues. Moved my focal point from ball to a little in front. Ball contact is better. Taking nice divots now. Looking forward to CC fighting to see if lie angles need modified. New swing divots might be a little deep on the toe. Contact with the SMS wedges are so good.

I built a pair of these for a customer last week. Easily the most beautiful wedge I've ever held. A work of art could certainly describe them.
I will be finding a source for myself as I definitely need these in my life.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I built a pair of these for a customer last week. Easily the most beautiful wedge I've ever held. A work of art could certainly describe them.
I will be finding a source for myself as I definitely need these in my life.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk
It will be a very good decision

Got a quick short game session in and mostly worked on high lofted chips today trying to put it up high over a slope and stop it quick.

The 56T was awesome putting it up high with an open face. I always struggled with turf interaction with my old wedges and would get the ground early and chunk those flops. The T grind is so easy to open up and gets off the turf perfect. Spin continues to be amazing on these and I was hitting high long flops with a chipping motion that I could send all the way to the hole and stop.
T is probably where I'd go for around the green with the hard ground we get here in Texas. How's it working on tight lies for you?

T is probably where I'd go for around the green with the hard ground we get here in Texas. How's it working on tight lies for you?
I have chipped with a 58D and 54T in the AZ desert and neither of them have any issues off of some pretty bare lies or tight lies.

The T has been working really well for me on tight lies. Roll it open a bit and let the bounce work!

I have no issues with either the 56v or 60T here in Houston on some pretty hard tight lies.

Last night I was using the 54T and 58V. The 54 is the most likely to get pulled out of the bag on-course, as I am never too concerned about it getting caught up in the rough. We’re still super wet here, and this wedge just chops through the muck and wet grass. Using the same chipping technique I can roll over the 54 onto the heel with the relief and open the face on tight lies, which has been awesome for me - as long as I don’t get scared of it the bounce will work. The 58V is roughly the same for me, I might have a slightly easier time off of tight lies with the T grind because of the heel relief.
my 54 V is the same way through the wet stuff. Confidence alone has been worth a few strokes per round. Even if I’m 90 yards out and can’t possibly reach, it’s been the go to for a really good shot.

I have no issues with either the 56v or 60T here in Houston on some pretty hard tight lies.
Good to know! The late august fairway burnout is right around the corner.

It has been great on tight lies both in short game and full shots. Really nice turf interaction with any face position because of the way the sole is designed. It was really impressive how good it was for open faced chips off a tight firm lie.

I tend to use the 60C more often on tight lies on the course but the T has worked for literally every shot and lie I have tried so far. It is really versatile.

T in my 54 and 58 are awesome. The 54 has become the favorite club in my bag. It’s my go to inside 80 yards. Around the green it’s a beast. Open it for lofted chips or hit hard check spinners that stop in their tracks

I think I'm getting the distances figured out a bit with these on those awkward less than full swings. Had a few shorter swings last night that worked out really well for me, at yardages I've really been struggling with recently, and was able to capitalize on one for a rare birdie. I lost a stroke last night trying to chip out of some thick rough greenside and severely misjudged how much gas I was going to have to give that one, but that was operator error. I had a few minutes to kill while I was barbecuing the other night and was chipping with another brand 54* and was thinking about how much I enjoy having the full face grooves on every wedge with the Edel - the versatility of these is pretty cool to me, my short game has definitely gone through some changes since last year and these feel like not only a good fit right now, but something I can continue to grow into in the next season or two.

Back