I haven’t really been full swinging these but I’d say partial shots/chipping has been the biggest improvement this year after putting these in the bag. I don’t have a huge data set with Shot Scope but I’m pretty happy with these approach numbers.
View attachment 9110897
We have pretty small greens at my home course, so to stick one on and be putting is cause for a bit of an attaboy. When I miss, I have a bunch of newfound confidence in these wedges to try to put it close and still be saving my goal of bogey golf. Hasn’t always worked out that way, but since the Quest Cup and getting these in the bag, my cap has dropped significantly. If your looking at replacing the scoring clubs in your bag, I’d definitely recommend giving these a look!

Thats good info too - I do appreciate it!

Need to spend a little time looking at grinds. I like some heel/toe relief in the higher lofts.

Thats good info too - I do appreciate it!

Need to spend a little time looking at grinds. I like some heel/toe relief in the higher lofts.
I went with the V grind in the 58* and it’s great for the heel relief. I don’t often play shots off the toe but I will probably give it a try - seeing guys play a little bump and run when they are short sided on the fringe with a high lofted wedge is intriguing. Having confidence in your scoring clubs can sure inspire some creativity.

Rarely use mine for full swings. Chipping has just felt easier. Hard to describe. I feel like my contact is just crisper and the results are closer to the hole

Where would all of you sms users say you’ve seen the biggest impact in your game?

Full swings, partial, specialty shots, etc.

How has that part of your game been impacted? For example, tighter dispersion or improved contact, spin, etc.

Feeling like wedges may be the first thing I look at replacing in my ancient bag. Seems like they are the clubs I’m usually most effective with and mine are definitely showing their age.
The full shots have been game changing for me thanks to the swing weight. I was pulling my wedges way left before getting these and learned in my fitting that I was closing the face 5-6 degrees every shot with a draw swing path which was killing me. As a 17hcp major swing changes are tough for me to implement but with the SMS wedges I was able to simply move the weight to the toe and see a massive improvement in ball flight. That one simple equipment change straightened my club face out with no work required at all on my end and has resulted in a huge improvement in ball flight. I'm consistently hitting straight or a baby draw with the wedges (while still pulling my old irons every shot) and the optimized contact has resulted in a big distance increase.

I would also give a shoutout to the unique grinds which have really helped my chipping but the swing weight matching is the biggest impact so far.

Like a few of the others I don’t full swing wedges very often. If I do it’s usually only my 50. I went v grind in the 50 for that reason and t in the 54 and 58. Have had to adjust my game some due to the fact that my wedges are checking more than any others I’ve used. Very easy to 1 hoop and stop.

The full shots have been game changing for me thanks to the swing weight. I was pulling my wedges way left before getting these and learned in my fitting that I was closing the face 5-6 degrees every shot with a draw swing path which was killing me. As a 17hcp major swing changes are tough for me to implement but with the SMS wedges I was able to simply move the weight to the toe and see a massive improvement in ball flight. That one simple equipment change straightened my club face out with no work required at all on my end and has resulted in a huge improvement in ball flight. I'm consistently hitting straight or a baby draw with the wedges (while still pulling my old irons every shot) and the optimized contact has resulted in a big distance increase.

I would also give a shoutout to the unique grinds which have really helped my chipping but the swing weight matching is the biggest impact so far.

Thats pretty freaking cool.

With the weight in the toe this weekend on the 58 I had pretty good results chipping around the greens. A bit more spin to get the shots to check up and not roll out as much. Will continue in this position for a few rounds to see if continues to hold true.

Where would all of you sms users say you’ve seen the biggest impact in your game?

How has that part of your game been impacted? For example, tighter dispersion or improved contact, spin, etc.

Feeling like wedges may be the first thing I look at replacing in my ancient bag. Seems like they are the clubs I’m usually most effective with and mine are definitely showing their age.
Full swings for me.

the spin, definitely the spin. I'm still trying to adjust to the one hop stop action. I haven't had that kind of action on a ball since balata covers and square grooves. The other part is they just feel so soft. I pretty much only use my 52 for full swing shots, the 56 I will use from anything to full shots to chips from the fringe. The 60 I never take full shots with. thanks to work and personal stuff I haven't been able to play in almost a month, but last time I did I was spinning full shot 56 deg wedges back 8-10 ft which is something that NEVER happens on our rock hard greens in TX,

the spin, definitely the spin. I'm still trying to adjust to the one hop stop action. I haven't had that kind of action on a ball since balata covers and square grooves. The other part is they just feel so soft. I pretty much only use my 52 for full swing shots, the 56 I will use from anything to full shots to chips from the fringe. The 60 I never take full shots with. thanks to work and personal stuff I haven't been able to play in almost a month, but last time I did I was spinning full shot 56 deg wedges back 8-10 ft which is something that NEVER happens on our rock hard greens in TX,
Same with the one hop stops, I have never hit that shot before in my life but these wedges have crazy action.

Thats impressive! I know we are in the middle of “hard green” season and I wouldn’t mind a little more spin.

Edel wedges and putter were stars of my game yesterday. 4 chips that lipped out in 36 holes. Only one bunker yesterday and 58 made easy work of that. Hard checking wedge shots is something that I wasn’t used to before getting the SMS wedges. It’s now become part of my game. 36 holes and no 3 putts.

It's been a few months now and I can officially say I don't know how I ever lived without the SMS weighting system. I had another day of solid ball striking contact but was watching all my irons over draw left while my wedges are straight or a baby draw every single time with the weight in the toe. I can feel myself closing down the face with my irons every shot where with my Edel wedges I feel a straight flush club face. It's hard to explain how much the weighting has helped my game and my confidence. If you're a high capper with swing flaws you really need to give these a look and see how much they can help for yourself.

I played with 3 randoms today and 2 of the guys noticed my Edels in my bag prior to the round while we were waiting to tee off and asked about them immediately. They couldn't get over how good they looked. I have put a few battle scars on them now and they are still the prettiest clubs I have owned.

Shot of the day for me was a 52V on a par 3 from 135 out on a par 3 with a tough pin location in the left front corner. I had been tugging irons left all day but just have so much confidence with the Edel wedges and went straight at it and put it to 8 ft and made the putt for birdie!

for me my short game hasn’t changed too much,,, maybe improved a little bit(but I haven’t gotten to practice much)
Most improved is my 130 yards and in shots... been putting those shots way closer to pins

Still sticking to this... best looking wedges.... great feeling wedges... great performing..I have been able to pull off a lot of fun shots with these wedges that I wasn’t expecting to

Really looking forward to getting moved. Top notch practice area at the golf course across the street. For once I’ll have to drive for work not for golf. Have never had access to practice facility. That should allow me to work diligently on my short game.

Still sticking to this... best looking wedges.... great feeling wedges... great performing..I have been able to pull off a lot of fun shots with these wedges that I wasn’t expecting to
The one hop stoppers I get with these are so much fun but I can’t quite control it yet.

The flop shot with the T and C grind is the shot I never thought I would have that is so easy with those grinds. I’d never been able to play with the face open but now I can get a flop up almost every time. Had to hit one today and struck it perfectly with an open C grind but just put a bit too much on it.

I had some really good wedge shots around the green today. Really love these wedges

When I played my last round on vacation all I had was a set PW and a 10-iron as my lowest lofted clubs, and I was missing having these in the bag quite a bit. The last 2 nights in the garage I've been focused on mostly hitting wedges, and I am really enjoying these. I have moved the weights on everything back into the center port, including the 58*, and focused on slowing the tempo down and hitting everything soft. I love the way they frame the ball, the sound of a crisp strike is such a satisfying thump, and they have such a great feel through impact. I've been hitting them side-by-side with my SB wedges, and the full face grooves on the 50/54 is a welcome sight - I lately have been getting a tendency to strike more out to the toe and having those extra grooves out there is definitely confidence-boosting. Will hopefully be finally doing a wedge matrix soon and dialing in some distances. These are a lot of fun.

I had some really good wedge shots around the green today. Really love these wedges
I chipped in for bird with the 60 last night (from about 15 yards away to an elevated green) and on the previous hole hit the same club to 12 inches for par from 55 yards. Absolutely love those wedges.

When I played my last round on vacation all I had was a set PW and a 10-iron as my lowest lofted clubs, and I was missing having these in the bag quite a bit. The last 2 nights in the garage I've been focused on mostly hitting wedges, and I am really enjoying these. I have moved the weights on everything back into the center port, including the 58*, and focused on slowing the tempo down and hitting everything soft. I love the way they frame the ball, the sound of a crisp strike is such a satisfying thump, and they have such a great feel through impact. I've been hitting them side-by-side with my SB wedges, and the full face grooves on the 50/54 is a welcome sight - I lately have been getting a tendency to strike more out to the toe and having those extra grooves out there is definitely confidence-boosting. Will hopefully be finally doing a wedge matrix soon and dialing in some distances. These are a lot of fun.
I never really thought about the full face grooves but I have noticed lately my miss in the short game is a bit high on the toe. The toe weight definitely helps with those but I think those extra grooves are part of the reason I don’t lose much spin on those strikes.

I never really thought about the full face grooves but I have noticed lately my miss in the short game is a bit high on the toe. The toe weight definitely helps with those but I think those extra grooves are part of the reason I don’t lose much spin on those strikes.
Definitely something I think is helping me for sure. I have been out on the toe quite often this year and still seeing pretty nice results. I’m debating getting these bent back to a standard lie soon.

These don’t disappoint. I had a couple of chips from strange lies tonight that didn’t turn out so well, but holes like these make golf a lot of fun. #18 tonight was “closest in 2” for my handicap range, hit a good drive and found myself just off the right side of the fairway. My approach was playing over the bunker to the fattest part of the green, the e12 came off crisp, it hit and settled out to about 5’. Hopefully that chalks up another couple bucks towards those FJ’s I want from the pro shop. I’ve been messing around a little bit with the 58*, hitting little bump and runs when I don’t have a ton of green to work with, and it’s a shot that’s starting to pay off for me pretty good.
5D9B0759-3E91-4589-8E1C-C2DA8C692F6E.png

These don’t disappoint. I had a couple of chips from strange lies tonight that didn’t turn out so well, but holes like these make golf a lot of fun. #18 tonight was “closest in 2” for my handicap range, hit a good drive and found myself just off the right side of the fairway. My approach was playing over the bunker to the fattest part of the green, the e12 came off crisp, it hit and settled out to about 5’. Hopefully that chalks up another couple bucks towards those FJ’s I want from the pro shop. I’ve been messing around a little bit with the 58*, hitting little bump and runs when I don’t have a ton of green to work with, and it’s a shot that’s starting to pay off for me pretty good.
View attachment 9113509
What grind were you playing in the 58 again?

I like to use my wedges instead of irons for bump and runs and have found it so easy to close the face down and maintain bounce with the C and T grinds.

What grind were you playing in the 58 again?

I like to use my wedges instead of irons for bump and runs and have found it so easy to close the face down and maintain bounce with the C and T grinds.
58 is a V grind. I haven’t tried it with the T grind yet, I’ll give that a go. I think I need to pick my spots right now when it’s time to get a little creative, I got burned a couple of times tonight trying to get cute 😆.

Back