Edison Wedges: A Brand Story

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Throughout the last couple of years, the features known as Brand Story have taken readers on some twists and turns throughout the growth and changes of different companies or divisions within the golf industry. Diving into Edison Wedges is like taking a look at a Jackson Pollack painting and seeing straight lines. Yet getting to where we are, a business that is on the rise with products that are well liked by just about all who try them, has been one heck of a road traveled.

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Fun read and good story, thanks for sharing.

Enjoyed the read, interesting to read the timeline on his career in the industry.

I hadn’t heard of TK’s new venture, so definitely an interesting read. I just went through his fitting tool online. Nice, clean looking wedge.

Interesting read. Interesting idea with adding mass to the top of the face to give more forgiveness. Filled in the wedgefit questionnaire, will be interesting to see what they come back with.

• Admin
Interesting read. Interesting idea with adding mass to the top of the face to give more forgiveness. Filled in the wedgefit questionnaire, will be interesting to see what they come back with.
Share back when you find out. Looking forward to your thoughts.

Good read. A very interesting company. Those wedges have caught my eye as very good PW replacements. Not sure I want lower CG in a LW though.

I came across Edison when I was wedge shopping in May. I was intrigued by the Edison story to say the least. I submitted the WedgeFit profile survey, and got a fitment recommendation back very quickly. The recommendation report was impressively thorough, with suggestions for both 4-degree and 5-degree gapping. I was this close to pulling the trigger on one to try, but ultimately decided I had experimented enough with wedges the last few years, and felt going back to my comfort zone to address my waning short game confidence was the right move at the time. I have definitely not ruled Edison out of any future purchase, however. I'd also like to note that Edison has not bombarded me with emails. There were several follow-ups to the original report and the occasional "checking in" message, but nothing to make me regret inquiring. If more companies took such a measured approach to their email marketing, I wouldn't feel compelled to unsubscribe to so many in frustration.

I came across Edison when I was wedge shopping in May. I was intrigued by the Edison story to say the least. I submitted the WedgeFit profile survey, and got a fitment recommendation back very quickly. The recommendation report was impressively thorough, with suggestions for both 4-degree and 5-degree gapping. I was this close to pulling the trigger on one to try, but ultimately decided I had experimented enough with wedges the last few years, and felt going back to my comfort zone to address my waning short game confidence was the right move at the time. I have definitely not ruled Edison out of any future purchase, however. I'd also like to note that Edison has not bombarded me with emails. There were several follow-ups to the original report and the occasional "checking in" message, but nothing to make me regret inquiring. If more companies took such a measured approach to their email marketing, I wouldn't feel compelled to unsubscribe to so many in frustration.

It's good to hear they didn't go overboard on the emails. I got back the inital wedgefit which included suggestions of both 4 degree and 5 degree gaping from my set PW. I did state in the extra section that I was happy with my set GW at 50 degrees to interested to see if the wedgefit team follow up will make any suggestions based on that.

looking forward to this one

Your Lofts with 4-degree gapping:
48° loft, KBS Pro Graphite 100 - Stiff Flex
52° loft, KBS Pro Graphite 100 - Stiff Flex
56° loft, KBS Pro Graphite 100 - Stiff Flex
60° loft, KBS Pro Graphite 100 - Stiff Flex
Your Lofts with 5-degree gapping:
49° loft, KBS Pro Graphite 100 - Stiff Flex
54° loft, KBS Pro Graphite 100 - Stiff Flex
59° loft, KBS Pro Graphite 100 - Stiff Flex

I’d probably lean towards the 5 degree gapping. I’m trying to use fewer wedges these days.

Your Lofts with 4-degree gapping:
48° loft, KBS Pro Graphite 100 - Stiff Flex
52° loft, KBS Pro Graphite 100 - Stiff Flex
56° loft, KBS Pro Graphite 100 - Stiff Flex
60° loft, KBS Pro Graphite 100 - Stiff Flex
Your Lofts with 5-degree gapping:
49° loft, KBS Pro Graphite 100 - Stiff Flex
54° loft, KBS Pro Graphite 100 - Stiff Flex
59° loft, KBS Pro Graphite 100 - Stiff Flex

I’d probably lean towards the 5 degree gapping. I’m trying to use fewer wedges these days.
Where do they fall in your set? Meaning where does your set end now?

Where do they fall in your set? Meaning where does your set end now?

Right now I play off a 44 degree PW and my GW is a 49, so that gap would match. It does tend to be a bit larger gap than 100% ideal. However, it looks like a TK says these tend to be a bit longer than a blade wedge because of the launch.

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
Excellent read! I have read numerous articles and watched a lot of videos which were all very complimentary of Edison wedges. Their focus on helping recreational golfers is certainly commendable and needed in the golf equipment world where it seems like the measuring stick normally revolves around tour usage.

Thank you. The presentation is a well written history - I used Eidolon wedges and talk about spin! And over the years, I followed Terry's story to SCOR, Hogan, and Edison. I think the CB Wedges and attention to detail can assist many golfers.

Right now I play off a 44 degree PW and my GW is a 49, so that gap would match. It does tend to be a bit larger gap than 100% ideal. However, it looks like a TK says these tend to be a bit longer than a blade wedge because of the launch.
That would be an interesting test

Interesting read, always enjoy the deep dives into these companies. I completed the wedgefit they have, we’ll see what they come back with as recommendations.

Great read again. Really interesting to hear the path to where he is now. @dhartmann34 heavily suggested Edison wedges to me not long ago. He loves his.

I really appreciate the below line of thinking; not misleading consumers with a new product you know isn't a big improvement over your last. Will be interesting to see how it works long term though. Might be harder to stay relevant without new equipment releases like the big dogs.

Until I can create something significantly better, there’s no reason to move on.

Great article, I really enjoyed this!

interesting adding mass to the top of the wedge. will be interesting to see where they go and how the grow.

Great article. Terry Koehler is a super smart guy when it comes to club design. From articles I’ve read in the past, he gets painted as not the best business person. Rather that is true or false, I’m not sure.

I had the Hogan Ft. Worth 15 irons and a full set of TK wedges. Great looking clubs. Wedges performed well. Koehler has been using a v-sole for a while. I wonder who was the first OEM to implement it?

A4A54001-D886-469B-8E80-118A8834755B.jpeg

based on current bag setup I’d lean toward the 5 degree gapping recommendation (which would also replace my set gap wedge). I feel like I leave a decent amount of strokes on the course because I play a more demanding wedge than I should be, so the Edison wedges have definitely peaked my interest.

Great read!

I have and will continue to say that these wedges are fantastic.

As I told Jman earlier this week in another post... These wedges are plain. There's no sparkle or flash. No grinds or anything complicated.

Just a straightforward wedge with great performance.

HIGHLY worth the price point and 30 day trial.

And if you sign up for their emails, you'll get a $15 off coupon pretty quickly.

Would love to hear more folks opinions after giving them a try. I think they'll really enjoy them.

I’ve been looking at these. Wish there was a way to see them up close.

Back