Edwin Watts Hosting a TaylorMade Fitting Day, any members ever attend one of these?

Chi6

Reaction score
Handicap
Local Edwin Watts here in Doral, FL is having TaylorMade Fitting Day. I am interested in attending because I want to test the SLDR with better shaft options and if it feels better than the stock 57 I will definitely buy it. I just hope this isn't the usual everyday "fitting" that Edwin Watts supposedly does. Do actual TaylorMade reps go and do the fitting? Have any of you members ever attended one of these? Please share any experiences.

Can't say for sure how Doral location and TM handle it but in NE FL when Edwin Watts did a manufacturer-designated fitting day it was most certainly with the rep from the mfgr. They had a number when I lived there a while back and I remember attending a Mizuno one - indoors with launch monitor and pretty much full line of Mizuno clubs to hit. Miz guy, not EW salesperson, reviewed monitor numbers, etc and made recommendations. Very low key, low pressure and somewhat informative. enjoy

Can't say for sure how Doral location and TM handle it but in NE FL when Edwin Watts did a manufacturer-designated fitting day it was most certainly with the rep from the mfgr. They had a number when I lived there a while back and I remember attending a Mizuno one - indoors with launch monitor and pretty much full line of Mizuno clubs to hit. Miz guy, not EW salesperson, reviewed monitor numbers, etc and made recommendations. Very low key, low pressure and somewhat informative. enjoy

Thanks hopnstop for the input

Can't speak to EW, but I got an email from TM saying that my local Austad's was having a demo day for the Speedblades. I was pretty excited because I wanted to try them out and talk to a TM rep about the clubs after reading so much about them on the forums. I show up and it's the Austad's guy essentially letting me try a single speedblade, taped up no less. It was pretty much just a standard demo with no fanfare whatsoever. Was really disappointing for me.

Can't speak to EW, but I got an email from TM saying that my local Austad's was having a demo day for the Speedblades. I was pretty excited because I wanted to try them out and talk to a TM rep about the clubs after reading so much about them on the forums. I show up and it's the Austad's guy essentially letting me try a single speedblade, taped up no less. It was pretty much just a standard demo with no fanfare whatsoever. Was really disappointing for me.

Thats td exactly what I got yesterday at EW, very disappointing. Fortunately for me I got a chance to hit the SLDR with the heavier shaft and was happy with it and picked it up. But this had nothing to do with TM staff or whatever rep was present. The guy who was helping me was an EW employee who really didn't have much feedback. Best thing he did was put a new grip on the driver once I told him I was taking it. Smh Ohwell I guess I should have expected exactly that from the start. Thanks again

Sorry that turned out that way. Should not call it a "TM fitting Day" if TM is not going to be there IMO. Guess only way in future is to call in advance and verify what and who will be at the "event".
Anyway, good luck with the new big stick!

Back