Love me some eggnog and Crown. Definitely helps get me prepared for the Christmas season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skip the eggnog, straight whiskey is better.

I have yet to find one that i dislike

I do like eggnog both straight up or with a little addition....

Yes, if it is a good homemade eggnog. I haven't found a store bought that is anywhere near as good.

I love a good eggnog and abhor a thin, watery one. I definitely enjoy my 'Nog with either a bit of whiskey or rum, for medicinal purposes of course. ;)

Love a good homemade egg nog.

No egg nog for me.

I like eggnog with or without adding anything but I'm more of a boiled custard fan I think.

I like eggnog with or without adding anything but I'm more of a boiled custard fan I think.
Had to look that up, interesting.

Love it with some spiced rum or brandy

Do you like eggnog?
Do you like it plain or with a little something mixed in?
Jack Daniels eggnog has a great flavor but with out the alcohol.

I do like a little bit of brandy mixed in to it.

I LOVE eggnog. Being a true southerner I use bourbon

That is what my wife does. 100% from scratch. The crap you buy in the stores suck.

If it’s not a family secret or anything like that, post up the recipe. I’d give it a shot.

If it’s not a family secret or anything like that, post up the recipe. I’d give it a shot.
She said she will look it up for you. It's really good and really alcoholly.

How long do you age yours for?
The aging is done with the booze version. Back in the old days when I still drank, I’d let it go a couple of weeks (I wasn’t a good planner. . . Or I just wanted the buzz). I’ve had it when it’s been aged for 3-4 months and it was very good.

The aging is done with the booze version. Back in the old days when I still drank, I’d let it go a couple of weeks (I wasn’t a good planner. . . Or I just wanted the buzz). I’ve had it when it’s been aged for 3-4 months and it was very good.

Good deal. I may try a batch soon and save some until Christmas. That’s about as long as I could go lol. Now maybe next year I’ll start one in August or September and try it at Christmas.

Dang there is some alcohol in there!!!
Yes sir. Enough to knock your **** in the dirt.

Good deal. I may try a batch soon and save some until Christmas. That’s about as long as I could go lol. Now maybe next year I’ll start one in August or September and try it at Christmas.
One suggestion, but you can play with the recipe as you like. I like to use more cream than milk. It gives a richer eggnog than mostly milk and a little cream. Most of the time I used cream and half and half. Also, I like to add a little vanilla bean paste to the mixture. Fresh nutmeg is a must.

Back