Snickerdog

Team THP 2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Do you like eggnog?
Do you like it plain or with a little something mixed in?
Jack Daniels eggnog has a great flavor but with out the alcohol.

I do like a little bit of brandy mixed in to it.

I view eggnog in about the same light that I view candy corn. Hard pass and I wouldn’t mind if it never existed.

I like eggnog. I’m the only one in the house that does. A little whiskey in it never hurt my feelings either. ;)

I'm pretty sure I would rather stab myself in the left eye with a rusty c-rats opener than drink eggnog...

I like eggnog. I’m the only one in the house that does. A little whiskey in it never hurt my feelings either. ;)
What kind of whiskey?

I like it. I like to make milkshakes out of it. Southern Comfort makes a good eggnog.

The Milk Man asking about a milk-based beverage!?? Haha, love ya, Snicks. I'm a "yes" on eggnog, especially with Jack or Makers, BUT I don't seek it out too often.

I love a good egg nog, and abhor a bad one. Often they are way too cloying, or way too thin, or in the worst of all worlds, both too sweet and too thin. Let's not forget the oddly spiced. Yuck.

There's a old SoCal producer, Brougiere's that is one of my gold standards. Mix it with some Jameson and I'm a happy man.

Sadly, I fear this might be my last chance to enjoy it since they have been on the brink of closing all year.
74f47b452affa6601fd595ea6a4f1db2.jpg

I view eggnog in about the same light that I view candy corn. Hard pass and I wouldn’t mind if it never existed.
Have you had real egg nog, or the kind you buy in the store. My wife makes a batch that I just love. Lots of liquors in it.

Have you had real egg nog, or the kind you buy in the store. My wife makes a batch that I just love. Lots of liquors in it.

that I’m not positive on. I just know the times I’ve had it, it’s gross.

For those of you who hate egg nog, try some Coquito, which is Puerto Rican coconut nog made with rum. It’s unbelievably fantastic. @obedt knows, and I’m sure he will back me up on this.

I love eggnog and am so glad it only comes out a few weeks a year.

We have a local dairy that make their own eggnog, and its delicious

Yes, with and without liquor. (y)

Yes, but it must include dark rum. 3:1 ratio is my preference.

One of my buddies at work is from Puerto Rico and he and his wife make Coquito every Christmas, which is Puerto Rican eggnog. They make different flavors but its all overloaded with rum. Definitely worth a try if you come across it.

One of my buddies at work is from Puerto Rico and he and his wife make Coquito every Christmas, which is Puerto Rican eggnog. They make different flavors but its all overloaded with rum. Definitely worth a try if you come across it.

Did someone say rum? calling @Canadan

Big no for me

Yes, but it must include dark rum. 3:1 ratio is my preference.

Very close. My grandpa showed me his recipe. Buy a gallon, pour out just enough to mix in a 1/5 of Bacardi white.

Still not something you’d want too much of so I’ll gice it a 6/10. 2/10 with no additions.

Actually sounds good right now, wonder how it would have went with the honey bun I just ate? :unsure:

I love eggnog. I don't drink alcohol (not against it, I just don't like how it tastes) so I go the "virgin" eggnog way haha. I am also lactose intolerant so I often buy the dairy free one, which is still really good. I only buy it once a year, it's not exactly good for you.

Back