Might be an eggnog night tonight.

My wife makes the best egg nog from scratch. Has a bunch of different alcohols in it. When she makes it this year I will post the recipe and pics of the results.

I am such a picky person with food and drink. Eggnog is on the I’ll pass list. Wife likes it.

I like eggnog and bought some last week.

It was pretty good and then I read the label and poured much of it out :oops:

6D61363E-F996-4780-BF80-A423E68BEBC4.jpeg

Picked this up from Costco in Dallas last week, so good!!

Picked up some publix greenwise nog, it taste good but is crazy thick. It took 3 shots of bumbu to get it to flow...

For premixed with alcohol Pennsylvania Dutch Egg Nog is what my sister gets.

I do have a good egg nog story. About 15 years ago(maybe longer) my uncle had Christmas at his house for the first time, normally it was at my Mom's house but he just got married and bought a house so he wanted to show it off. Normally my Mom and sister would take care of all the food and beverages, so they gave my uncle a list of all the booze, beverages, etc that they normally get; we would have around 20-30 people show up throughout the day so it was a pretty big list. One thing on the list was egg nog, which was my great Aunt Jean's favorite holiday drink. Well my great Aunt Jean at the time I would guess would have been 75ish and did not drink alcohol, needless to say she was drinking her egg nog and I clearly remember her commenting on how good it was... well next thing we know she is wasted, like slurring words and sloppy drunk but having a great time. My family is freaking out, Aunt Jean is drunk and she hasn't had a drink in probably 50 years... And my Uncle's wife Diane is literally crying saying I never knew they sold egg nog without alcohol in it... Well God bless her soul my great Aunt Jean requested the next year that we get her the same egg nog.

Reading this thread... I guess it’s time for some bourbon and eggnog

Finally got a chance to try Kroger eggnog, it’s solid. I got the cinnamon one, which I think was a bit of a mistake, I should have gone regular or pumpkin, but the date on those weren’t great, so I settled on cinnamon.

And just like that, it's time for some bourbon and eggnog.

The best thing to do with eggnog is to make a milkshake with it! Cook-Out has a seasonal one every year.
I just had a eggnog shake today...was so good, then I added Woodford and it was so much better lol

Just had some of this...the question is which one did I have?image.jpg

Drinking a little eggnog tonight. Kinda want a snack! Anyone one know what pairs well with eggnog?😆 I’m leaning towards a Little Debbie Christmas tree.

Drinking a little eggnog tonight. Kinda want a snack! Anyone one know what pairs well with eggnog?😆 I’m leaning towards a Little Debbie Christmas tree.

You mean besides bourbon, rum, or brandy?

I’ll side with @Reframmellator here.

My choice - a nice dark rum, like Kraken. With 3 ice cubes.

I am so not a fan of eggnog.. so gross..

I prefer Dark Rum in it also I like making it myself but it's easy to just pick it up at the store....

Back