Electronics Pondering

I was at Best Buy picking up something for my wife and with the combination of the Black Friday sale and an open box item I was able to get a HomePod for $160. The sound quality on this thing is outstanding.

It's a better sounding speaker than 95% of the public owns and an amazing piece of technology for the price especially with its beam-forming automatic adjustments. It's not audiophile quality but many including me will say you have to spend a lot more to get better sound.

homepod-audiophile-tests

Great site for TV reviews and as you said, TV picture settings.

I recently was on this site for a Sony TV my brother bought. He had the TV setup for over a month and as I was going through the RTings settings, I realized that he wasn't even using the TVs 4K, HDR settings with his XBox One X! So he has this beautiful 4K TV and wasn't even using the 4K settings.

Makes you wonder how many people out there have bought these TVs and have not realized that the settings need to be adjusted to TURN ON the 4k HDR settings in many of these TVs.

PSA - Read your TV manual and make sure you are actually using the 4K HDR settings! Better yet......go to RTings and use their TV picture recommendations.
Yup! I’m pretty into this stuff. SONY X940E 75”. Full HT sound system, 7 channel with 2 crazy good subs. I just need to add the overheads and front heights to make it full Atmos. I currently have over 300 4K UHD discs. I stream also but it currently isn’t as good as playing from a UHD disc.

rtings.com rocks!

It's a better sounding speaker than 95% of the public owns and an amazing piece of technology for the price especially with its beam-forming automatic adjustments. It's not audiophile quality but many including me will say you have to spend a lot more to get better sound.

homepod-audiophile-tests

Yup - definitely sounds better than the Sonos 1 does and WAY better than the Amazon offerings, and I'm really just using it as a speaker. I have the wake word shut off and all that, so something like the better smart assistant capability doesn't interest me.

Shaping up to be another expensive black Friday. :sick: hope my family likes gift cards to places haha at least time these items are all at best buy and won't have to go to multiple places

Ring bundle (doorbell pro, Alexa show, and WiFi extender, needed for spotlight cam I'll be putting in eventually) is 190

LG 3.1 channel Sound bar (possibly) $200

43" 4k tv for the bedroom, already has Amazon fire on it $130

Went ahead and jumped on the 65" TCL 6 series TV set yesterday.

This thing has an amazing picture. Got it hung on the wall, all streaming apps set up and played around with some 4k content while I calibrated it. Just beautiful with plenty of features for the price point. :cool:?

I had a burger at a local restaurant the other day that was made up of an interesting combination of meats and it was good. Now I’m pondering a meat grinder. I’m sure I won’t use it much but to test out meat combos for burgers and brats is tempting.

How far from your phone can your Apple watch still transfer messages? Just trying to determine if I purchase the cellular version.

How far from your phone can your Apple watch still transfer messages? Just trying to determine if I purchase the cellular version.

Wi-Fi range I think. It’s a pretty good distance.

As long as you are in WiFi range, it will be connected.

Feel like we need a Soundbar for our TV

Haven’t started looking but I’ve always pondered one on and off over the years

I have a klipsch rbs 11 sound bar (it comes with a sub) and I really like it. It’s not as good as Sonos with a sub but mine was $450 and Sonos with sub is $1400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a klipsch rbs 11 sound bar (it comes with a sub) and I really like it. It’s not as good as Sonos with a sub but mine was $450 and Sonos with sub is $1400

I cannot wait for my Sonos setups to ship.

Did you get the playbar with the sub? It is amazing

Did you get the playbar with the sub? It is amazing

I was given permission to go whole home from the boss lady for my bday and Christmas. Went crazy!

I was given permission to go whole home from the boss lady for my bday and Christmas. Went crazy!

I love it. That’s going to be amazing. So happy for you

I love it. That’s going to be amazing. So happy for you

I’m most excited I’ll be able to play my vinyl collection across the house.

I will be interested to see what you think of it all once you get it set up James - it is something I have considered for a while, but just never got round to it yet

We have a large tv in the living room and I’m convinced that no channel looks better in oversized than the food network.

0E4804CF-F0FD-4977-BF16-197D10A59F85.jpeg

Large is an understatement, sir. Haha

Large is an understatement, sir. Haha

Hahah. It makes the family room look small, but genuinely it was cheaper to decorate this room as a tv room than go formal living room. Turns out it’s better too ?

Hahah. It makes the family room look small, but genuinely it was cheaper to decorate this room as a tv room than go formal living room. Turns out it’s better too ?
Fits perfect on that wall though with the way that part of the house is kind of tucked around there. AWESOME for Live PD.!

Fits perfect on that wall though with the way that part of the house is kind of tucked around there. AWESOME for Live PD.!

Nothing says awesome like arrests happening on 83” or so. ?

image.jpg
Nabbed this yesterday for $63 from BB&B. Excited to have consistent grinds now!

I think it's time to pick up a pair of wireless headphones during black Friday. I don't use headphones a ton but man the cord is annoying when I do.

I think it's time to pick up a pair of wireless headphones during black Friday. I don't use headphones a ton but man the cord is annoying when I do.

Depending on what you’re looking for I’d go AirPods over the Bose soundsports. I’m on my third set of soundsports and while the sound is fine the battery case on the full wireless version is pretty terrible and I had the rubber fall apart on both of the semi-wired versions.

Back