Electronics Pondering

Depending on what you’re looking for I’d go AirPods over the Bose soundsports. I’m on my third set of soundsports and while the sound is fine the battery case on the full wireless version is pretty terrible and I had the rubber fall apart on both of the semi-wired versions.

After trying the AirPods, I went with the Jabra Elite 75t that just came out and could not be happier. $70-$80 less, just as high quality, fit perfectly, designated app, works with iOS and Alexa incredibly well and have no switching necessary. All I do is take them out of the case and sound immediately goes there, just like the AirPod Pros. I also think the sound and call quality is just as good if not better.

The only difference is Active Noise Cancelation, which I already have in my over ears, but genuinely after trying both, Active vs Isolation because of the good seal, I couldn't tell much difference. I use pass through most of the time, which both have and sound identical.

After trying the AirPods, I went with the Jabra Elite 75t that just came out and could not be happier. $70-$80 less, just as high quality, fit perfectly, designated app, works with iOS and Alexa incredibly well and have no switching necessary. All I do is take them out of the case and sound immediately goes there, just like the AirPod Pros. I also think the sound and call quality is just as good if not better.

The only difference is Active Noise Cancelation, which I already have in my over ears, but genuinely after trying both, Active vs Isolation because of the good seal, I couldn't tell much difference. I use pass through most of the time, which both have and sound identical.

those are on my radar as well, but I really want something with Apples chipset. I switch between Appletv, iPad and phone pretty regularly, so seemless integrating between those is a big thing for me.

those are on my radar as well, but I really want something with Apples chipset. I switch between Appletv, iPad and phone pretty regularly, so seemless integrating between those is a big thing for me.

My Jabra’s do all of that. I get it, I am typing this on my iPad, next to me is my iPhone and next to that is my MacBook and iMac. (I refuse to type Pro anymore, because none of these are Pro Devices haha). Once I paired with each one, which took a second, switching is seamless.

I completely understand the logic of staying inside the “universe”, but to me expansion of other brands that work well inside it, opens up the doors to high quality and differing prices.

My Jabra’s do all of that. I get it, I am typing this on my iPad, next to me is my iPhone and next to that is my MacBook and iMac. (I refuse to type Pro anymore, because none of these are Pro Devices haha). Once I paired with each one, which took a second, switching is seamless.

I completely understand the logic of staying inside the “universe”, but to me expansion of other brands that work well inside it, opens up the doors to high quality and differing prices.

They’ll switch that easy?

They’ll switch that easy?

I don’t press anything. I was using my iMacwith them and walked away with my phone and it just started working with phone. I don’t press any buttons or anything.

If multiple are paired and together I would choose through app, just like the AirPods did.

They connect with two devices at same time and I think more than that I do a quick switch.

I need to find a laptop for my wife as a Christmas present. Mac Book is an option, but if I can find a reliable windows laptop under $1k that would be better. She only needs it for the house and stuff like that, but want it to last.

With both the Jabra and Airpods, do they stay in your ear well when your active? I'll use them during a workout and the Airpods always looked like they could pop out of my ears.

With both the Jabra and Airpods, do they stay in your ear well when your active? I'll use them during a workout and the Airpods always looked like they could pop out of my ears.

The original AirPods god no. ******* terrible. The AirPod Pros stay in really well. Its very much like the Jabra build from that regard.

The original AirPods god no. ******* terrible. The AirPod Pros stay in really well. Its very much like the Jabra build from that regard.

I should add that the AirPod Pros are really good. They just were definitely not worth $80 more than the Jaba 75t. Not for the exact same thing for my use.

What did you find was the time the Jabras would run on one charge?

What did you find was the time the Jabras would run on one charge?

They kind of run forever. I used them all day in my office from about 7am to 5 off and on with no issues at all. They state 7.5 hours and that seems about right. The case gives them another 28 hours and I have charged mine full 4 times before needing to charge the case.

The case is tiny and fantastic.

Wow, that's great. My wife has the soundsports and she'll get maybe 6 hours.

I think the 65t (previous generation) were similar to that, with a horrible case.
The new ones are fantastic on battery life. They are also TINY compared to the Soundsports.

That’s about what I get, including the case....I’m wildly unimpressed with them.

pondering an Asus Chromebook C423 (14"), seems to be the best of the ultracheap chromebooks, multiple USB-C ports, MicroSD support

$200 CAD

I was at Best Buy picking up something for my wife and with the combination of the Black Friday sale and an open box item I was able to get a HomePod for $160. The sound quality on this thing is outstanding.

The sound better than anything under $500. I saw that they were $199 for Black Friday and picked up two more for our condo. We will be running a stereo pair in the great room and another one 25 feet away in the kitchen. The sound is even more amazing running them in stereo and you can sync as many as needed throughout your home.

Went ahead and got the Iphone11 Pro, Camera is really good and battery is great. So far so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went ahead and got the Iphone11 Pro, Camera is really good and battery is great. So far so good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost did the same yesterday at Best Buy.

I was following his stuff on Instagram and voted during the process. Really enjoyed when he did this last year for the first time. Super excited to give this one a watch this morning.

The Sonos system is amazing. Very very very very happy.

Purchased an Apple Watch 3 for my wife this Christmas. She likes it!

Bought the Xbox One S a coupe of days ago. Now I can get a little golf fix during this winter....

What iPad's are you guys using?

I've got a 9.7 pro that works just fine, but wondering what I am missing out on as I work towards a laptop replacement for around the house and travel. The latest ones are around 1k which seems strange to me, but then there's a bunch in the 4-500 range.

What and why?

I've got a 9.7 pro that works just fine, but wondering what I am missing out on as I work towards a laptop replacement for around the house and travel. The latest ones are around 1k which seems strange to me, but then there's a bunch in the 4-500 range.

What and why?

I just went through this exact thing. I was at a 10.5" iPad Pro. The device worked fine. It stopped working at exactly the 2 year mark and fixing it was as much as a new device. If it runs iPad OS fine and the programs you want, there is no reason to change in my opinion unless you need more power for intensive stuff.

What and why?

I've got an 11 inch iPad Pro. Partly because I bought it with some gift cards I had, so I didn't mind spending the extra. I use it for the Pen a lot so I was deciding between the pro and air - the base model ipad has a gap between the glass and screen. Having the magnetically connected pencil was a big sell, as were the 4 speakers on the Pro vs the 2 on the air.

Back