Electronics Pondering

I meant to say a pair of wireless earbuds, not that brand.

Oh gotcha. Yeah they come in all shapes and sizes. These ones fit the ball for me, because they are tiny. Have a fantastic charging case, good charge times and work with two devices at once. Plus they are comfy and sound great, all in a package that costs less.

I’ve worn these to the gym the last two nights (pitter patter Dan), no issues on the elliptical or while lifting weights. They’ve got different sized tips of course which help, and it seems like the way they sit in your ear, most of the earbud is held in place by your outer ear.

Just did a pretty intense head shake test. ?? And they didn’t move at all.

we need video of this STAT
Slow motion selfie style

Oh gotcha. Yeah they come in all shapes and sizes. These ones fit the ball for me, because they are tiny. Have a fantastic charging case, good charge times and work with two devices at once. Plus they are comfy and sound great, all in a package that costs less.
I'll have to let him know. I think he was being a bit cheap about it too, which probably didn't help.

I'll have to let him know. I think he was being a bit cheap about it too, which probably didn't help.

I'm pulling the trigger on these. All the reviews seem really good and the audio quality is just as good as more expensive options.

I'm pulling the trigger on these. All the reviews seem really good and the audio quality is just as good as more expensive options.

they look pretty similar eh?

How are they for activity? Stay in there well?

My Dad bought a pair that he wasn't impressed with, kept falling out at the driving range.

These aren't going anywhere, and one of the biggest issues I have with headphones is that they fall out, but these don't at all.

I saw those in my searching, but didn't think they could connect to two devices at one time.

they look pretty similar eh?

They do and seem to fit the bill. Like @JB mentioned they do everything but connect to multiple devices, which isn't a big thing for me. I need them for the office, the range and to be able to take calls.

They do and seem to fit the bill. Like @JB mentioned they do everything but connect to multiple devices, which isn't a big thing for me. I need them for the office, the range and to be able to take calls.

Okay so diving in a bit, they look pretty similar to the Jabra 65t in size. I think the 75t are quite a bit smaller though.

Okay so diving in a bit, they look pretty similar to the Jabra 65t in size. I think the 75t are quite a bit smaller though.

that's what I saw as well. Also I have my Bose Soundsports for multi device connection, but they are a little bulkier than I care for and after a year or so of having them, they aren't holding a full charge like they used to.

Hey @Canadan you asked about charging the iPad pro. Using a 65w charger, charging from 20% to 100% took right at 3 hours. I’d expect with the charger that comes in the box, that 5-6 hours would be the norm.

Wife and I spent a few days over the holidays going over excess stuff in the basement. She asked about an old Technics SL-Q350 turntable sitting there, and she commented on how she would like to play some of her old records. I mentioned how I wanted to digitize them and digitally restore some of the more worn LPs we have. She brought up the idea of a new turntable, but we both agree the digitization of our VHS library - probably 300 commercial and home tapes - has to take precedence. Rearching turntables and cartridges has uncovered quite the rabbit hole.

I came across these in my search for a new set of earbuds, I almost ordered a set but they were an indigogo product, and buying them seems only available through 3rd parties right now. They look pretty interesting though.

Hopefully they hit the general market soon

Hey @Canadan you asked about charging the iPad pro. Using a 65w charger, charging from 20% to 100% took right at 3 hours. I’d expect with the charger that comes in the box, that 5-6 hours would be the norm.

I think the max it’ll draw is 30W so if you need/want to buy and adapter for fast charging you can save a bit of money vs 65.

I think the max it’ll draw is 30W so if you need/want to buy and adapter for fast charging you can save a bit of money vs 65.
yeah, this one is a bit overkill, but it’s also got two USB-A ports, which will make it useful for charging my phone and watch when I’m traveling.

yeah, this one is a bit overkill, but it’s also got two USB-A ports, which will make it useful for charging my phone and watch when I’m traveling.

I charge mine from the 90W adapter that comes with the 15” MacBook Pro - easier and cheaper to just use what I have but in case anyone was buying one new there’s money to be saved.
I want to get one of those tiny 65w power bricks to have for travel sometime.

I charge mine from the 90W adapter that comes with the 15” MacBook Pro - easier and cheaper to just use what I have but in case anyone was buying one new there’s money to be saved.
I want to get one of those tiny 65w power bricks to have for travel sometime.

Yeah, the one I got was like $50 from Best Buy. I wouldn’t call it “tiny” though.

39F726C1-078D-49F1-ADFA-A1434CDD588C.jpeg

Wife and I spent a few days over the holidays going over excess stuff in the basement. She asked about an old Technics SL-Q350 turntable sitting there, and she commented on how she would like to play some of her old records. I mentioned how I wanted to digitize them and digitally restore some of the more worn LPs we have. She brought up the idea of a new turntable, but we both agree the digitization of our VHS library - probably 300 commercial and home tapes - has to take precedence. Rearching turntables and cartridges has uncovered quite the rabbit hole.
Yeah it is.

IMG_20200112_082807.jpg

I’ve had great luck with the Anker chargers and use this one for my iPad Pro.

786530AD-6C1E-48B3-B3A9-A429CED264D6.jpeg

I’ve had great luck with the Anker chargers and use this one for my iPad Pro.

View attachment 8922212

I looked at that one, but I ”needed” one right away, and I like having 2 USB-A ports as an option. I’m with you on the Anker stuff though, great stuff at pretty good prices usually. ‘’

I looked at that one, but I ”needed” one right away, and I like having 2 USB-A ports as an option. I’m with you on the Anker stuff though, great stuff at pretty good prices usually. ‘’

We have a few of that one above that I got on sale on Amazon for $30. I also have a couple of their 5 port USB chargers that charges everything on my nightstand each night. They are great for travel as all five us have Apple watches, iPad, and iPhones.

We have a few of that one above that I got on sale on Amazon for $30. I also have a couple of their 5 port USB chargers that charges everything on my nightstand each night.
Yep. My wife and I each have a 5 port charger of theirs. We’ve also got a couple of their battery banks floating around. I’m hoping to see better USB-C & A multi port chargers hit the market soon. I’d love a 2-3 USB C combined with 2-3 USB A ports option. More and more stuff is using C now, not just high draw things like iPads. My ear bud case, my iPad keyboard and my iPad all use USB-C.

Hey @JB have you noticed the volume changing on your Jabras when you‘re watching something on the iPad and unlock your phone? Every Once in a while the volume will jump on my ear buds when I unlock my phone. Just wondering if it’s a setting I have configured wrong or a bug or something.

Also... @Canadan: THPing and watching TV....;)

CAE6C26A-B728-4072-A22E-11B736362E6C.jpeg

Back