Electronics Pondering

My wife has the Powerbeats Pro and I have the AirPods Pro. I enjoy the secure fit of the Powerbeats but the noice cancellation and convenience of the AirPods Pros is top notch.
That's exactly my dilemma secure fit/battery life vs. ANC/transparency mode.

Leaning Airpods.

That's exactly my dilemma secure fit/battery life vs. ANC/transparency mode.

Leaning Airpods.

If you plan on using them for practice or golfing transparency mode is legit.

Pondering a new iPhone and a switch to Spectrum mobile considering what Verizon wants for me to go to unlimited.

Sell me.
TMobile man best customer service in the land and their cover age has been great not to mention paying a lot less than comparable packages at Verizon.
Switch and I think you get like $700 off of the $999 iPhone 11 pro.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

TMobile man best customer service in the land and their cover age has been great not to mention paying a lot less than comparable packages at Verizon.
Switch and I think you get like $700 off of the $999 iPhone 11 pro.
How are their rates? Spectrum is 45 out the door for unlimited everything.

How are their rates? Spectrum is 45 out the door for unlimited everything.
I have 3 lines unlimited for $120 including taxes.
Also includes free Netflix ($13 value) every month
And free MLB package (usually $95 a year)
One hour of free go-go internet on flights
And unlimited mobile hotspot (I think it's a mix of 3g and 4g)

Last edited:
I have 3 lines unlimited for $120 including taxes.
Also includes free Netflix ($13 value) every month
And free MLB package (usually $95 a year)
One hour of free go-go internet on flights
And unlimited mobile hotspot (I think it's a mix of 3g and 4g)

yeah that's where it gets tough. Every carrier has sweet deals for multiple lines.

When you're a single line, they absolutely hammer you.

yeah that's where it gets tough. Every carrier has sweet deals for multiple lines.

When you're a single line, they absolutely hammer you.
Oh yeah no doubt single is tough.

Made the switch to Spectrum Mobile today. Went to Verizon to give them a chance and the dude was basically like, "yeah, as a single line, we can't really compete" All I needed to hear. Made the switch, my monthly cost including iPhone monthly is about 5 dollars more than what I was paying at Verizon for unlimited vs 5gb a month.

Also, the iPhone 11 is kind of awesome. Camera in dark light is INSANE.

Time to get a Speck case before @ddec loses his mind lmao

Made the switch to Spectrum Mobile today. Went to Verizon to give them a chance and the dude was basically like, "yeah, as a single line, we can't really compete" All I needed to hear. Made the switch, my monthly cost including iPhone monthly is about 5 dollars more than what I was paying at Verizon for unlimited vs 5gb a month.

Iphone leather or spigen is also acceptable

I would highly recommend forgetting the speck case and checkout the mous case.

The mous case I have for my IPhone 11 is the thinnest strongest case I have ever had. The case even has a magnet built in to add accessories to use.

I would highly recommend forgetting the speck case and checkout the mous case.

The mous case I have for my IPhone 11 is the thinnest strongest case I have ever had. The case even has a magnet built in to add accessories to use.
Forget Speck?

Surely you don't mean such things.

Speck is out. 😉

I have seen the mous case dropped from 1200 feet and the phone still worked. Try that with Speck. 😂

Speck is out. 😉

I have seen the mous case dropped from 1200 feet and the phone still worked. Try that with Speck. 😂
I don't drop my phone. I put a case on it purely to make Dean feel better about things.

Pondering a new iPhone and a switch to Spectrum mobile considering what Verizon wants for me to go to unlimited.

Sell me.
Canadan, why Spectrum Mobile as opposed to one of the other many Verizon network MVNOs like: Visible, Total Wireless, StraightTalk, or Red Pocket?

Canadan, why Spectrum Mobile as opposed to one of the other many Verizon network MVNOs like: Visible, Total Wireless, StraightTalk, or Red Pocket?
I’ve heard awesome things about Spectrum mobile and I’m a spectrum customer already. Felt pretty comfortable to make the switch.

I ended up returning my powerbeats pro. Ended up going to the Galaxy Buds+ and couldn't be happier. For me, they are way more comfortable, and with the ear fins on, very secure so I haven't worried about them falling out. I like the touch controls on the side and the fact that they have an IOS app. The 3 levels of ambient sound is good and sounds more natural than the previous version which my wife has. Wireless charging and a more pocketable case, and these are a winner for me.

I ended up returning my powerbeats pro. Ended up going to the Galaxy Buds+ and couldn't be happier. For me, they are way more comfortable, and with the ear fins on, very secure so I haven't worried about them falling out. I like the touch controls on the side and the fact that they have an IOS app. The 3 levels of ambient sound is good and sounds more natural than the previous version which my wife has. Wireless charging and a more pocketable case, and these are a winner for me.

Did you see/try the Echo Buds? Just curious.

Did you see/try the Echo Buds? Just curious.

saw them, didn't try them. They looked a bit chunkier to me. Micro USB is a bit of a turnoff too.

Night mode is witchcraft as far as I’m concerned.

Back