Eli Manning Hall of Fame?

I don’t think so, nowhere near the QB Peyton was but has the rings, ugh

I don’t think so, nowhere near the QB Peyton was but has the rings, ugh
That’s why I said if he had a different last name his skill set would be better appreciated.

That’s why I said if he had a different last name his skill set would be better appreciated.
Would it though? Maybe, I don’t know I never thought he was a good QB

Would it though? Maybe, I don’t know I never thought he was a good QB

He was good in the 4th qtr usually. I think you could argue at times the name on the back of the jersey is what helped keep him in the lineup those last handful of seasons.

Granted if Asante Samuel could catch a ball that hits him dead in the hands and Welker makes a catch he makes 99% of the time, this probably isn't even a strong debate.

He was good in the 4th qtr usually. I think you could argue at times the name on the back of the jersey is what helped keep him in the lineup those last handful of seasons.

Granted if Asante Samuel could catch a ball that hits him dead in the hands and Welker makes a catch he makes 99% of the time, this probably isn't even a strong debate.
I just always laugh when all of these “other greats” couldn’t win because they had no talent around them on offense, but Eli doesn’t that same thing. And frankly the talent level on that side of the ball was worse.

I just always laugh when all of these “other greats” couldn’t win because they had no talent around them on offense, but Eli doesn’t that same thing. And frankly the talent level on that side of the ball was worse.
Would you say Eli made other players better? That’s what people say about Brady all the time

He isn't even close statistically. He rode 2 of the best D-Lines in history to Super Bowls. So what? It wasn't Eli Manning that beat the Patriots it was Michael Strahan, JPP, Osi Umenyora, and Justin Tuck.

Remember the Patriots scored 17 and 14 against those Giants teams.

Eli's stats are 366 TD's to 244 INT's. He is a medium QB that was on 2 SB winning teams. No reason to throw him in the HOF for that.

Would you say Eli made other players better? That’s what people say about Brady all the time
Not sure I would go that far. But his skill positions were average at best, sub par at worst. It wasn't until late that he got OBJ. Guy who shot himself in the leg? Victor Cruz? I mean we already heard Romo was better, Stafford was better, etc. You always hear Rodgers doesn't win more because of the people around him (never bought it). What is Brees' reasoning? Big Bens? I mean all three of those had stellar lines too. I don't buy that argument for the others and not for this one.

Not sure I would go that far. But his skill positions were average at best, sub par at worst. It wasn't until late that he got OBJ. Guy who shot himself in the leg? Victor Cruz? I mean we already heard Romo was better, Stafford was better, etc. You always hear Rodgers doesn't win more because of the people around him (never bought it). What is Brees' reasoning? Big Bens? I mean all three of those had stellar lines too. I don't buy that argument for the others and not for this one.
Fair. Plaxico haha hard to forget a guy shooting himself in the leg. The reason I asked that is local sports talk used to always say Stafford doesn’t make players better like Brady, he had Calvin and still never did a damn thing.

I think in Eli's case the better players that won him Super Bowls are Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyora, JPP, and Justin Tuck. If Tom Brady hadn't been on his back the whole game Eli and his 20 points would not have won either of those games.

I think in Eli's case the better players that won him Super Bowls are Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyora, JPP, and Justin Tuck. If Tom Brady hadn't been on his back the whole game Eli and his 20 points would not have won either of those games.

Why doesn't Brady's D, which was fantastic during that undefeated run get the same thing? Why doesn't Big Ben's, I mean they have multiple will be HOFers on that side? Seems odd to only use this one. He wasn't big bro and people expected that and wanted it, but he wasn't and to me it held him back.

Why doesn't Brady's D, which was fantastic during that undefeated run get the same thing? Why doesn't Big Ben's, I mean they have multiple will be HOFers on that side? Seems odd to only use this one. He wasn't big bro and people expected that and wanted it, but he wasn't and to me it held him back.
We aren't really going to compare Tom Brady and Eli Manning are we?

230-69 career record verses 117-117.
585TD/193INT verses 366TD/244INT
64% comp vs 60% comp

The Big Ben comp is relevant and the win loss % is 154-77 for Ben vs 117-117 for Eli. Ben has more TD's and less INT's as well at 397TD/201INT.

I just never saw elite play from Eli Manning. He threw a ton of picks and lost a lot of games being careless. His career QBR is 84.4. That's abysmally low. Big Ben's is 94 and Brady's is 97. Mahomes is 107 so far just for reference.

We aren't really going to compare Tom Brady and Eli Manning are we?

230-69 career record verses 117-117.
585TD/193INT verses 366TD/244INT
64% comp vs 60% comp

The Big Ben comp is relevant and the win loss % is 154-77 for Ben vs 117-117 for Eli. Ben has more TD's and less INT's as well at 397TD/201INT.

I just never saw elite play from Eli Manning. He threw a ton of picks and lost a lot of games being careless. His career QBR is 84.4. That's abysmally low. Big Ben's is 94 and Brady's is 97. Mahomes is 107 so far just for reference.
I don't see where I compared them. Merely said that every time there is another QB from the era that didnt win as much as Eli, its always because they didnt have the talent around them. And when they do win, its rarely mentioned. I don't think its really debatable. Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Big Ben, Phillip Rivers, Tony Romo, Stafford, Russel Wilson etc etc etc. That is the list ahead of him in this thread. Some serious talent around them.

Stats and fantasy football really take a big part of actually playing out of the equation for these things. But I don't see any way someone can say Rivers or Big Ben are in, and Eli doesn't get in.

I don't see where I compared them. Merely said that every time there is another QB from the era that didnt win as much as Eli, its always because they didnt have the talent around them. And when they do win, its rarely mentioned. I don't think its really debatable. Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Big Ben, Phillip Rivers, Tony Romo, Stafford etc etc etc.

Stats and fantasy football really take a big part of actually playing out of the equation for these things. But I don't see any way someone can say Rivers or Big Ben are in, and Eli doesn't get in.
Big Ben is an appreciably better QB than Eli Manning. He has been consistently winning games and going to the playoffs his entire career.

Honestly statistically Eli Manning is in the same ballpark as Joe Flacco, Andy Dalton, Jay Cutler, and Philip Rivers. He isn't in Big Ben's League. I doubt more than 1 in 10 folks reading this would pick Eli over Big Ben and half of those that would it would be a personal thing against Ben.

Big Ben is an appreciably better QB than Eli Manning. He has been consistently winning games and going to the playoffs his entire career.

Honestly statistically Eli Manning is in the same ballpark as Joe Flacco, Andy Dalton, Jay Cutler, and Philip Rivers. He isn't in Big Ben's League. I doubt more than 1 in 10 folks reading this would pick Eli over Big Ben and half of those that would it would be a personal thing against Ben.
I guess that depends if those 1 in 10 weigh character or not.

And you kind of just made my point. If stats were the only thing that mattered, this discussion might be around Joe Flacco or Andy Dalton or Jay Cutler or Matt Ryan. But watching them actually play you know they are not hall of famers.

I don't see where I compared them. Merely said that every time there is another QB from the era that didnt win as much as Eli, its always because they didnt have the talent around them. And when they do win, its rarely mentioned. I don't think its really debatable. Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees, Big Ben, Phillip Rivers, Tony Romo, Stafford, Russel Wilson etc etc etc. That is the list ahead of him in this thread. Some serious talent around them.

I’m assuming when you say win you are just referring to Super Bowls, because almost all of those QBs (stafford probably the only one) have much better overall career records than Eli.

I’m assuming when you say win you are just referring to Super Bowls, because almost all of those QBs (stafford probably the only one) have much better overall career records than Eli.
Thats the measuring stick right? Win the big game and if you don't there better be a really good reason why (see Marino) if you want the jacket. Talent level around has to exist. When they don't win and are a favorite, its always "they lacked talent around them". When they do win, but not every year, its never mentioned about lack of talent around them.

Thats the measuring stick right? Win the big game and if you don't there better be a really good reason why (see Marino) if you want the jacket. Talent level around has to exist. When they don't win and are a favorite, its always "they lacked talent around them". When they do win, but not every year, its never mentioned about lack of talent around them.
It is interesting that 3 qbs from the same era that never won a super bowl (Marino/moon/Kelly) are in it

It is interesting that 3 qbs from the same era that never won a super bowl (Marino/moon/Kelly) are in it
Sure are. All fantastic players, although some could argue Warren Moon's spot (I wouldn't). But similar to Eli and a few others. He was never considered the best in the league. Not really in the top 5, but a really great player.

But watching them actually play you know they are not hall of famers.
Exactly how I feel about Eli. Just never saw it. Sure he had moments, but he played his team out of games more often than he played them into them.

I think Eli has the resume. I don't understand what his last name has to do with anything...I don't buy that as being the main factor to get him into the HOF. And I also don't really understand the Phil Simms comparison.

Career highlights and awards
2× Super Bowl champion (XLII, XLVI)
2× Super Bowl MVP (XLII, XLVI)
Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year (2016)
4× Pro Bowl (2008, 2011, 2012, 2015)

NFL records
Most passing yards in a single postseason: 1,219 yards (2011)
Longest touchdown pass: 99 yards (tied)

Career NFL statistics
Passing attempts: 8,119
Passing completions: 4,895
Percentage: 60.3
Passing yards: 57,023 (No. 7 All Time in Passing Yards)
TD–INT: 366–244 (No. 8 All Time in Passing TDs)
Passer rating: 84.1

I mean that's a pretty impressive resume?

Phil Simms doesn't have close to the same resume...he's basically half of Eli Manning haha.
Career highlights and awards
2× Super Bowl champion (XXI, XXV)
Super Bowl MVP (XXI)
2× Pro Bowl (1985, 1993)
NFL Most Valuable Player – NEA (1986)
Career NFL statistics
Pass attempts: 4,647
Pass completions: 2,576
Percentage: 55.4
TD–INT: 199–157
Passing yards: 33,462
Passer rating: 78.8

Last edited:
He went to the playoff only 6 times and only 4 Pro Bowls. He also led the league in interceptions 3 times.

He won 2 super bowls and 8 playoff games in those 2 years and no other playoff games.

I just don't think he is a hall of famer.

He went to the playoff only 6 times and only 4 Pro Bowls. He also led the league in interceptions 3 times.

He won 2 super bowls and 8 playoff games in those 2 years and no other playoff games.

I just don't think he is a hall of famer.
Pro bowls are kind of overrated even though I admittedly highlighted them above haha. I like that he was a super bowl MVP in both of his wins, and more importantly I think the two stats that are being drastically underrated here are his Passing Yards and Passing TD's...both in the top 10...that's impressive?

He beat Brady twice.. he’s in.
Ugh, do not remind me!!!!

No I don't think he is hall of fame quarterback. He did have some really good seasons and was clutch at time, like Joe Flacco, but I consider neither HOF worthy

Back