Embarrassed (by your golf) on the golf course?

OldandStiff

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+

RealPretendPsychic

2021 Grandaddy - Team THP
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I shot an abysmal 95 yesterday. All four players in our group played poorly. I wasn’t embarrassed by my play at all because it happens 🤷‍♂️ but I was really pleased by my attitude. I wasn’t really focusing on my golf very well and taking it shot by shot, but I had a positive attitude and kept things light with the group. Very happy I was able to do that!

Carolina Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
This is very timely to me. I guess like others have said, it's not so much embarrassment, it's frustration. I let comments get to me. I've been trying to make the C721 driver work for me and my son says dad why do you keep slicing it. It makes a tough situation frustrate me even further. Then yesterday, I lost the handle of the club and dumped two drives (holes 1 and 2) in the woods. On top of that they were new Kirkland balls, that I was playing for the first time. They're cheap. But, that's not how I felt at the moment. Also, my reaction was slamming the club into the ground like I was swinging an axe. I was embarrased since my wife was there and for myself. Golf is hard. But, I guess we over think it. I wish I could treat it like tennis or frisbee golf as a social get together and just play and not be attached to the results.

golfguy2021

Reaction score
This is very timely to me. I guess like others have said, it's not so much embarrassment, it's frustration. I let comments get to me. I've been trying to make the C721 driver work for me and my son says dad why do you keep slicing it. It makes a tough situation frustrate me even further. Then yesterday, I lost the handle of the club and dumped two drives (holes 1 and 2) in the woods. On top of that they were new Kirkland balls, that I was playing for the first time. They're cheap. But, that's not how I felt at the moment. Also, my reaction was slamming the club into the ground like I was swinging an axe. I was embarrased since my wife was there and for myself. Golf is hard. But, I guess we over think it. I wish I could treat it like tennis or frisbee golf as a social get together and just play and not be attached to the results.
I lost 17 brand new Bridgetone e6 balls yesterday on a 9 holes golf course. When I told that to my wife, she said it is time for me to take more golf lessons, LOL...

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in