Embarrassed (by your golf) on the golf course?

Yes i have. I was so nervous at the Gauntlet at hilton head i was embarrassed how i played and felt i let Ethan down. At Coeur D'Alene i let personal stuff get to me and i was totally embarrassed with myself and how i played the last round.

With random pairings I'm usually embarrassed with my gain and self-conscious. But after 3 seasons in...i'm starting to realize most people actually suck and I'm not actually terrible.

@MWard I'm feeling a little embarrassed by what happened on greens at Midpines yesterday.

I only get embarrassed if I play horrible during competition. Usually after 24 hours I don’t care anymore.

However the whooping that @DannyLe and company gave me at the Ben Hogan/UST event last year? that’s the type of inescapable embarrassment that is enshrined on this forum here for eternity...

Redemption will be had at the Gdaddy....

When I was first starting back to the game and playing more regularly, yes I would get embarrassed when I could barely get off the tee or made a horrifically bad shot. But as I played more, I just don't let those types of things get to me.

Even in pressure situations like at The Morgan Cup last year, was I nervous sure, but any bad shot made by me(plenty) I brushed it off and on to the next shot because who knows, the next one may be a great one. (y)

We were about to break putters.

Also, I’m apparently your caddie…

That was a humbling experience on the greens.

The best part of that is he didn't believe me when I told him you were not my caddie.

That was a humbling experience on the greens.

The best part of that is he didn't believe me when I told him you were not my caddie.

He must have been confused. An easy thing to happen, completely understandable.

He must have been confused. An easy thing to happen, completely understandable.

It must have been the staff bags

Should have offered to sign his hat after you almost beaned him 😂

Erroneous! He was no where in the vicinity and as the caddie you should know you offer a signed glove, not hat.

I only get embarrassed if I play horrible during competition. Usually after 24 hours I don’t care anymore.

However the whooping that @DannyLe and company gave me at the Ben Hogan/UST event last year? that’s the type of inescapable embarrassment that is enshrined on this forum here for eternity...

Redemption will be had at the Gdaddy....
We had a blast so remember that's the most important thing...beatdown was fun too :) !

My reaction to my poor game probably is more embarrassing than the actual play. But there was one time I felt really embarrassed. It was on the final hole. I was in the greenside trap hitting my 3rd. I skulled it badly. It flew over the green, through some trees and landed in a tee box. There was a foursome ready to tee off. I wanted to wait for them to tee off but there was a group behind us waiting. I was so flustered, I wanted to hit a low runner through a gap in the trees and noticed I left my push cart right where I wanted to hit. It was 30 or 40 yards from me. I didn't want to take the time because I was already worked up and tried to miss it. I didn't miss it. One of the guys on the tee box asked "Why didn't you move the cart?" I said "I have no idea why." :LOL:

I would say at any given time on my handicap the worst 2 rounds out of the 20 were probably somewhat embarrassing. They at least contained some shots I would be ashamed of if they were on video.

I'm with @JonMA1 here - I've had some cringe-worthy reactions to bad golf that I'm not proud of!

I've been far, far more embarrassed by how I reacted to a poor performance. Almost nobody cares if you suck at golf.

Yep. And those negative emotions hold you back from playing better too. Just ask Jon Rahm. No way he wins the US Open if he didn't learn how to focus on the positive & let the negative stuff go.

I shot 122 last Saturday (worst round ever) but the only thing I feel embarrassed about is that I think I was not making the round fun for my partner. Tough to stay positive when the wheels fall off, but I could have laughed more.

After telling the other golfers in my group that the group ahead is still in my wheelhouse, so I wait until they move, and then top it off the tee. That is embarrassing, but better than hitting into a group because you flushed it.

playing a 500 yard par 5 the other day and I hit a good drive out to about 250 yards (st-x driver), hit my new 3-wood for the first time 230 (st-z) and then proceed to need 6 more shots to complete the hole. I was a bit embarrased and definitely dissapointed

its golf

No embarrassment here. I suck and I came to terms with it a long time ago.

yesterday I was embarrassed after playing the first 8 holes 10 over, but persevered and played the last 10 3 over. I hate slow starts! Had 2 topped balls in a row on hole no. 3. Yikes.

I’m totally embarrassed by my driver swing currently. I have been unable to reel it in. So now it’s 3 wood or 4 hybrid because middle of the fairway and atleast as ling as driver is good.

I'm with @JonMA1 here - I've had some cringe-worthy reactions to bad golf that I'm not proud of!
Yep. And those negative emotions hold you back from playing better too. Just ask Jon Rahm. No way he wins the US Open if he didn't learn how to focus on the positive & let the negative stuff go.

I shot 122 last Saturday (worst round ever) but the only thing I feel embarrassed about is that I think I was not making the round fun for my partner. Tough to stay positive when the wheels fall off, but I could have laughed more.

While heading to a tee box during Tuesday's round, I heard the following from a tee box directly behind mine but hidden from view...

Ping (sound of ball coming off a driver)
Expletive
Thud (driver striking the ground)
Expletive
Expletive
Laughter
"Well I'm glad everyone else is having a good time" in an angry tone.
More laughter
Expletive
Carts leaving

I'm usually the one who cusses on the course. I go to great lengths to keep it out of earshot of anyone besides my hapless playing partner, but I likely fail on occasions. Hearing it from someone else was actually very entertaining.

I haven’t been embarrassed. I have seen some embarrassing moments but it wasn’t because they were bad at golf. It was their attitude and conduct.

I get self-conscious at time. I try not to and I'm generally ok but when I just have one of those days where nothing goes right for me I feel embarrassed to be hitting the ball in front of other people. It compounds itself even more when I get paired up with someone who is way better than I am. I don't really have many friends who golf so I play by myself a lot. It is a crapshoot if I get paired up with people I don't know.

That was more of a youthful response for me. Now, I'm of the mind that if you don't get how things can go bad for anyone out there, I don't care about your opinion/judgement enough to feel embarrassed.

I'll probably remember how I felt the first year I tried out for the golf team until the day I die though. Lol First group and I barely kept my THIRD tee shot in play, in front of everyone. Took a 10 on the opening par 5. Coach made a point to bring it up in front of everyone (just in case they forgot) at the end too, after I had successfully moved on from the initial embarrassment. :LOL:

Wait a dang second….

You took a 10?

Back