Embarrassed (by your golf) on the golf course?

I shot an abysmal 95 yesterday. All four players in our group played poorly. I wasn’t embarrassed by my play at all because it happens 🤷‍♂️ but I was really pleased by my attitude. I wasn’t really focusing on my golf very well and taking it shot by shot, but I had a positive attitude and kept things light with the group. Very happy I was able to do that!

This is very timely to me. I guess like others have said, it's not so much embarrassment, it's frustration. I let comments get to me. I've been trying to make the C721 driver work for me and my son says dad why do you keep slicing it. It makes a tough situation frustrate me even further. Then yesterday, I lost the handle of the club and dumped two drives (holes 1 and 2) in the woods. On top of that they were new Kirkland balls, that I was playing for the first time. They're cheap. But, that's not how I felt at the moment. Also, my reaction was slamming the club into the ground like I was swinging an axe. I was embarrased since my wife was there and for myself. Golf is hard. But, I guess we over think it. I wish I could treat it like tennis or frisbee golf as a social get together and just play and not be attached to the results.

This is very timely to me. I guess like others have said, it's not so much embarrassment, it's frustration. I let comments get to me. I've been trying to make the C721 driver work for me and my son says dad why do you keep slicing it. It makes a tough situation frustrate me even further. Then yesterday, I lost the handle of the club and dumped two drives (holes 1 and 2) in the woods. On top of that they were new Kirkland balls, that I was playing for the first time. They're cheap. But, that's not how I felt at the moment. Also, my reaction was slamming the club into the ground like I was swinging an axe. I was embarrased since my wife was there and for myself. Golf is hard. But, I guess we over think it. I wish I could treat it like tennis or frisbee golf as a social get together and just play and not be attached to the results.

I lost 17 brand new Bridgetone e6 balls yesterday on a 9 holes golf course. When I told that to my wife, she said it is time for me to take more golf lessons, LOL...

Back