Epon Personal 2s, not sure I can game these...too nice looking, and what are they worth?

TrueMotionMatt

Reaction score
So I bought these Epon Personal 2s new, never been hit heads, pre 'Rona, thinking I would build me a nice little set to look at when I play a round. But I'm too hard on my sticks to give these the respect they need. Wondering what a set of heads might bring? Or would I be better off building them for someone? I put together the 8-iron to see what they'd look like all dolled up. These are built with Modus 125X and Tour G 50's to my specs which is an MOI of ~2710 or D4.7 for the 8-iron.
golfhead.jpg
golf ferrule.jpg
golfgrip.jpg

looks beautiful!

Ooh! Pretty!

You're too hard on clubs? Are you bending and shattering shafts with every swing? Play them! They're meant to hit in the dirt and grass.

And they're worth what someone's willing to pay. Ask and you may receive:D but not from me because they face the wrong way. And they're too much money. And too shiny.:ROFLMAO:

beautiful clubs. no idea on value.

Shiny! Are those your go-to grips?

Probably $150-200 a head. But those are a few years back so maybe not that much.

Yep, Order them from Japan on Rakutan, they last forever.
Next question was going to be if they are worth it but I think you answered that! Hopefully I'll remember them the next time I need grips.

Next question was going to be if they are worth it but I think you answered that! Hopefully I'll remember them the next time I need grips.
Well, before COVID, I could order them and get them within a couple weeks at most. The last set I ordered took 3-months. Other than the inconvenience and difficulty dealing with Rakutan in Japanese and the translation barrier, I would totally recommend them. Just buy one or two more than you need just in case. I used to get different colors, but switched to black for simplicity sake. They also have different compounds. Typically, the harder the compounds are for higher swing speed and more aggressive transitions. I just pick the 50 compound because that's what I've always had.

I would say they last at least twice as long, if not 3x as long as other grips. If you have MCC, 5x as long...those wear out so quick for me.

Back