Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a new shaft for my 3W. My current shaft is doo doo for my swing.

I need a new shaft for my 3W. My current shaft is doo doo for my swing.

There's a Miyazaki shaft up for grabs in the THP Holiday Contest hehe

I don't always post remotely but when I do, I use Tapatalk.

There's a Miyazaki shaft up for grabs in the THP Holiday Contest hehe

I don't always post remotely but when I do, I use Tapatalk.

Thats true, of your choice I think too.

+1! Good call guys.

Sorry Seth, but the Miyazaki is going in my hybrid when I win it! :D

I'd definitely say you'd be on the right track with a Miyazaki.

This is probably way to premature, but I'm pondering a new 3 wood or 3 wood replacement like the 15.5 Mashie. I'd say the top contenders at the moment are the SuperFast, Mashie, and the new Cleveland Ultralites. Trying all these out at the outing, any thoughts OEM?

This is probably way to premature, but I'm pondering a new 3 wood or 3 wood replacement like the 15.5 Mashie. I'd say the top contenders at the moment are the SuperFast, Mashie, and the new Cleveland Ultralites. Trying all these out at the outing, any thoughts OEM?

*summons OEM voice*

"Choose all of them and don't look back"

*end OEM voice*

*summons OEM voice*

"Choose all of them and don't look back"

*end OEM voice*

As tempting as that is, the ol' greenback stack wouldn't like it one bit. But I guess that goes against "OEM"ing them.....

For ease of use, Id vote for the Mashie first. Just such a sweet hitting club and fairly easy to it on the sweet spot with consistancy. The SF is an excellent club as are the new Cleveland 3W's but I still think the Mashie is the easiest to hit out of the three.

For ease of use, Id vote for the Mashie first. Just such a sweet hitting club and fairly easy to it on the sweet spot with consistancy. The SF is an excellent club as are the new Cleveland 3W's but I still think the Mashie is the easiest to hit out of the three.

Have you tried the 15.5?

Sorry Seth, but the Miyazaki is going in my hybrid when I win it! :D

I'd definitely say you'd be on the right track with a Miyazaki.

Lets have a contest on who can say, "eh" the most in 30 minutes. What that is a terrible idea for me!

Lets have a contest on who can say, "eh" the most in 30 minutes. What that is a terrible idea for me!

You're on! What shall the stakes be? :D

I am considering a staff bag, not as a functional bag but as a cool sort of way to display my extra clubs that will also look nice in my office.

Negative. I dont think THP brass had the 15.5* at the outing or the Hanks Putter Challenge.

JB was saying this morning that it gives him tighter shot dispersion than his SF but at the cost of distance. My 3 wood is my least consistant club. How does it stack up against the new Cleveland 3 wood you've become so fond of? More forgiving, less forgiving, you said the Mashie is easier to hit, just because the 3 wood is bigger?

i'd be all over them dude.

So stray from being fit for the Burner '09's (which is a green light for the 2.0's)? The one that makes it intriguing is those come with the shaft that I was fit for versus having to reshaft the 2.0's. Gahhh!!!

So stray from being fit for the Burner '09's (which is a green light for the 2.0's)? The one that makes it intriguing is those come with the shaft that I was fit for versus having to reshaft the 2.0's. Gahhh!!!

yup! i would almost take the shaft myself. a proper fitting shaft is huge. i dunno dude. i love the 2.0's but every time i can, i hit an R9. love that iron. it makes me ponder.

JB was saying this morning that it gives him tighter shot dispersion than his SF but at the cost of distance. My 3 wood is my least consistant club. How does it stack up against the new Cleveland 3 wood you've become so fond of? More forgiving, less forgiving, you said the Mashie is easier to hit, just because the 3 wood is bigger?

Id agree with JB, more accuracy and a little less distance. The driver and 3W are probably the two clubs I struggle with the most, with the 3W being a little less fussy then the driver. The Cleveland gave me a huge confidence boost as i was really able to hit it good and with really nice distance. The Mashie was just super easy for me to hit from the first swing I took with it. I think now its just a club I feel good hitting. Id say its easier to hit for ME because Im not scared of it and Im pretty sure it has a shorter length shaft too. You know how somtimes you find a club that just works for you? The Mashie just works for me.

Id agree with JB, more accuracy and a little less distance. The driver and 3W are probably the two clubs I struggle with the most, with the 3W being a little less fussy then the driver. The Cleveland gave me a huge confidence boost as i was really able to hit it good and with really nice distance. The Mashie was just super easy for me to hit from the first swing I took with it. I think now its just a club I feel good hitting. Id say its easier to hit for ME because Im not scared of it and Im pretty sure it has a shorter length shaft too. You know how somtimes you find a club that just works for you? The Mashie just works for me.

Understand 100%. I'm not big hitter, so I don't know if I could do without a 3W. However dropping it for a hybrid would seem like the smarter play. Especially if it gave me better accuracy. More things to ponder. One of my goals for next season is to work on my length, so maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to get descent length out of a 15.5.

ok, so im a long time lurker, this is my first post though. I want some opinions on the Adams product line. I just love their products, I picked up a 9064ls Driver last year, along with the Adams Speedline fast 3w with matrix ozik shaft, stiff. My inquiry is on the 3w, is anyone else hitting it? What are your thoughts on it. Ive been in the cage hitting a Cleveland hibore xls 3w, and it just seems like the ball rockets off of the hibore, much more so than the speedline. Both clubs are exact in loft and kickpoint. Im interested in making a change to the hibore. feedback?

I like the Fast 10 FW, but did not care for the driver that much. It was good, not great. I very much prefer the new Cleveland line to both. But in the end, I would say go with the better numbers.

The curse of Mizuno is biting me.

I really quite enjoy my VR irons but hitting those MX 200/300's for fun while doing the shaft fitting has given me bad thoughts. Curse you Mizuno and you're irons that are both good looking and nice to hit, curse you :mad-tongue:

thanks, I love the driver, I went through a horrible process of trying drivers before I settled on the 9064ls this past summer. I have a naturally high ball flight (working on it) and had tendency to balloon my drives. Regardless, with my swing, this driver was able to help with a more penetrating ball flight.

changing equipment OEM after three years. while i didn't always carry a full bag of that OEM, i tried. some clubs came and went....some clubs stuck. this time around....i'm very excited about MOST of the clubs. there will be a couple of hard sells. can't wait to get in the launch monitor and start playing around.

looks like i will be changing balls too. THAT will be a challenge.

changing equipment OEM after three years. while i didn't always carry a full bag of that OEM, i tried. some clubs came and went....some clubs stuck. this time around....i'm very excited about MOST of the clubs. there will be a couple of hard sells. can't wait to get in the launch monitor and start playing around.

looks like i will be changing balls too. THAT will be a challenge.

Best of luck to you with the new change!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back