Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody ever have the TM Burner XD irons? I found a set for cheap at Edwin Watts and was wondering how they are because I hit an 8 iron on the simulator and hit it 134. (really far for me)

Starting to consider a new driver. Was in Ed Watts today and a guy gave me a tip that had every shot DED straight. I was using my Diablo. However, we got on a converstaion about lighter drivers/shafts.

So, hey OEM Kevin, do you have any information on the new Cleveland Super Light drivers coming out?

Starting to consider a new driver. Was in Ed Watts today and a guy gave me a tip that had every shot DED straight. I was using my Diablo. However, we got on a converstaion about lighter drivers/shafts.

So, hey OEM Kevin, do you have any information on the new Cleveland Super Light drivers coming out?

You shouldn't have much of a problem getting some feedback on this line. The fact that it comes with a stock c. Kua shaft is awesome. I spent some time with one in florida myself. It came equiped with a regular flex shaft so it wasn't ideal for me but it felt wonderful and you can really feel the lightness of the total package.

serious golfers use tapatalk so we can THP on the fly!

Has anyone tried the Thomas Golf drivers?

Has anyone tried the Thomas Golf drivers?

I have tried the AT460. I did not care for it. The sound and feel just was not my thing I guess.

I have tried the AT460. I did not care for it. The sound and feel just was not my thing I guess.

Thanks, I was wondering, I seen their advertisement. Problem I have is the only place to buy or try drivers is at Dick's unless I drive at least 75 miles. I am trying to find a good driver that has distance and accuracy.

Thanks, I was wondering, I seen their advertisement. Problem I have is the only place to buy or try drivers is at Dick's unless I drive at least 75 miles. I am trying to find a good driver that has distance and accuracy.

The THP Demo Day may be your best friend if you can make it this spring.

demo-day.jpg

Best friend for helping you find 'the' driver, worst friend for showing you that you need new irons, woods, wedges and putters.(so ive been told, looking forward to experiencing it myself)

demo-day.jpg

It sounds that I need to look into the Demo Day.
With my irons, I am very happy with. Irons feel good and I hit them good but, I need to get them fitted.

It sounds that I need to look into the Demo Day.
With my irons, I am very happy with. Irons feel good and I hit them good but, I need to get them fitted.

You should be able to find the driver of your dreams at the demo day. Then you can fill that empty spot in your sig. Just as long as its not a Titleist lol

I'm rethinking the lower lofted part of my bag. After the driver I currently have a 17 degree Cleveland Launcher 2009 3 wood(essentially a 4 wood with a 3 wood length shaft), followed by an adams a7 19 degree hybrid. I plan on adding a 23 degree Mashie in the spring. I'm thinking of adding the new cleveland FW's, the only question is do I go with the 17 or 15. 15 would give me a straigh 4 degrees gap between my 3w-3h-4h. My 5iron will be either 26 degrees(Taylormade) or 27 degrees(Ping.

You should be able to find the driver of your dreams at the demo day. Then you can fill that empty spot in your sig. Just as long as its not a Titleist lol

Waiting to see what you fill your driver empty spot. Give some idea at driver to look at....

Fairway woods still.

Wanted to try out a few today, but only ended up trying out a used Cleveland DST 19°. Really (really) liked it, but the price (130.00) seemed a bit steep for something used. Wanted to try out the Cobra Rail F in a bad way, but there wasn't any there. LOL, they looked at me like I was crazy when I asked if they had any.

Cleveland DST's are great. I'm still getting used to the driver and it has not worked its way into my bag yet but each and every range session I like it more and more.

I want something shallow and it was perfect. I can't buy something just hitting it into a net though. No monitor or anything to see what my ball flight was like.

I want something shallow and it was perfect. I can't buy something just hitting it into a net though. No monitor or anything to see what my ball flight was like.

There's quite a few shallow ones out there. Did they have the new octanes?

look i can post like tc from tapatalk

No Octanes. They had the G15's, but they are still $199. Too much for me.

Pondering going to Tulsa just to mess around and to try out a Diablo Octane Tour for giggles. Don't need it, love my Cobra and 4DX, but there is just something too slick about that club.

Tried a few clubs today. Hit the Superfast 3 wood, R9 TP irons, and the Burner 2.0 irons. Loved the Superfast 3wood. Really liked the R9 Tps. Didn't really dig the Burner 2.0. I know, I know, crazy right? For one it was the 6 iron so being that they're suppose to be so long I was disappointed that it seemed to go the same distance as the R9 TP 7 iron and my R7 7 iron. I imagine it was me because I couldn't hit it pure. I was putting some really nice swings on the R9 TP 7 iron but just could not do the Burner 2.0 6 iron any justice. Wonder if it was because I wasn't use to the longer shaft? It wasn't my golf game all together for a change, because like I said, I hit the R9 TP and my own R7 really well. So not only are the Burner shafts longer anyways, but I was switching between R9 and R7 7 irons with a Burner 2.0 6 iron.

Sort of frustrating when you go demo a club and you know it's better than what you're making it do... haha. However, the R9 TP felt awesome. Actually tried to work the ball a little which isn't my forte and I wasn't doing bad. Also, the R9 TP felt really nice. Didn't seem to hit it further than my R7, but it just felt better. Less clunky, more smooth.

A few questions to help me ponder:

I really want the Superfast 3 wood. That's purchase #1. Timtheputterman has it on ebay for $133.33. Do I buy it from him and deal with the sketchy feeling of ebay clubs or do I just pay the 70 or so more dollars and pick one up from the golf shop here? Good deal vs peace of mind.

Secondly, I know the Burner 2.0 irons are better than what I saw today. The reviews for this club are crazy and they're more than just here on THP. I lurked some other places and it seems like everyone loves these clubs. I must hit them again! Will they feel clunky like my R7 or smooth like the R9 TP if I hit them well? Ok but here's the real question, which is again good deal vs piece of mind. Timtheputterman has the Burner 2.0 iron set on ebay right now for $435.00 with free shipping. Wow! They are $699.99 in the store.

Help me out OEM Kev!

Since you said you were planning on going to the outing or trying to, i would not buy a single club until after demo day. No reason to do that when you will be able to put most of the stuff you are looking at in play.

As for buying them from ebay, can you get them fit for your specs? Clearly as you said you were not hitting them on the sweet spot, so a fitting both shaft and length and lie would be in order and I am not sure that you would be able to do that ordering from ebay.

Lastly, TM is about to launch the R11, as well as their new irons. While I strongly suggest waiting till demo day if you plan on being there, I also strongly suggest you wait for the new stuff to come out because you will see a price drop in all the clubs you are looking at most likely.

Just so you know MSB, Timtheputterman is 100% legit, I've used him a couple of times for irons and a driver. Like JB said though, might be worth it to wait and/or be fitted. But, Tim is legit.

Just so you know MSB, Timtheputterman is 100% legit, I've used him a couple of times for irons and a driver. Like JB said though, might be worth it to wait and/or be fitted. But, Tim is legit.

agreed Jman! I have purchased from him before and had no complaints. I purchased my Adams A7 from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back