Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since you said you were planning on going to the outing or trying to, i would not buy a single club until after demo day. No reason to do that when you will be able to put most of the stuff you are looking at in play.

As for buying them from ebay, can you get them fit for your specs? Clearly as you said you were not hitting them on the sweet spot, so a fitting both shaft and length and lie would be in order and I am not sure that you would be able to do that ordering from ebay.

Lastly, TM is about to launch the R11, as well as their new irons. While I strongly suggest waiting till demo day if you plan on being there, I also strongly suggest you wait for the new stuff to come out because you will see a price drop in all the clubs you are looking at most likely.

I agree, this year I am not buying any new clubs until after the demo day!

Im definitely pondering the new SuperFast 2.0 drivers.

Im definitely pondering the new SuperFast 2.0 drivers.

I'm looking more at the fairway woods. I'm hoping I can test the Diablo Octane, Sueprfast 2.0, and the new Cleveland line side by side and pick a winner

+1 a 3w is on my list this year and will be my main focus at the Outing in May
I'm looking more at the fairway woods. I'm hoping I can test the Diablo Octane, Sueprfast 2.0, and the new Cleveland line side by side and pick a winner

+1 a 3w is on my list this year and will be my main focus at the Outing in May

I like the way you guys think! I'm pondering a similar move.

Since you said you were planning on going to the outing or trying to, i would not buy a single club until after demo day. No reason to do that when you will be able to put most of the stuff you are looking at in play.

As for buying them from ebay, can you get them fit for your specs? Clearly as you said you were not hitting them on the sweet spot, so a fitting both shaft and length and lie would be in order and I am not sure that you would be able to do that ordering from ebay.

Lastly, TM is about to launch the R11, as well as their new irons. While I strongly suggest waiting till demo day if you plan on being there, I also strongly suggest you wait for the new stuff to come out because you will see a price drop in all the clubs you are looking at most likely.

Good points JB. Why do you have to come in with your voice of reason? Haha

And I agree. I need to wait and let TM come out with this year's line before I make any decisions. I really want the Superfast 3 wood and maybe it'll come down in price when the Superfast 2.0 3 wood comes out. Or maybe I'll like the 2.0.

Do you have any information you can release on R11 irons? If there will be such a thing? Of course, honor embargo dates but just checking.

Good points JB. Why do you have to come in with your voice of reason? Haha

And I agree. I need to wait and let TM come out with this year's line before I make any decisions. I really want the Superfast 3 wood and maybe it'll come down in price when the Superfast 2.0 3 wood comes out. Or maybe I'll like the 2.0.

Do you have any information you can release on R11 irons? If there will be such a thing? Of course, honor embargo dates but just checking.

taylormade has announced their irons coming out in 2011.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...3603-TaylorMade-Forged-irons-Coming-next-year

Maybe this is a stupid question or I'm overlooking something, but in the past haven't they always had R series irons to go with the R series woods? One would assume that after R7 irons and R9 irons that R11 irons would be produced as well.

i would assume that as well, and maybe they will. but as of now, the TP forged irons are releasing this spring. maybe a fall release if they do some sort of R11 iron? i dunno.

Pondering another THP Putter Head Cover for my THP Collection putter that just arrived.

A 3 wood to replace the Bubble Burner 15* that I'm still borrowing from my dad.

Wilson CI 9
Adams A7
Ping I 15
bridgestone J 38 dual-pockets

One of these sets will be in my bag in the next month........but which one??? I can't decide >.<

Wilson CI 9
Adams A7
Ping I 15

One of these sets will be in my bag in the next month........but which one??? I can't decide >.<

i sure do like the i15's and the Ci9's myself. a ton of guys liked the J38's at the outing, i can't hit them. it depends on how much you want to spend as well. the Ci9's can be had affordably right now, but the Ping's are great b/c anyone who stocks them usually has a killer fitting cart.

Wilson CI 9
Adams A7
Ping I 15

While I was in GG on Tuesday my guy was telling me how much he loved the i15 irons. Said they were the best irons hes hit and plans on keeping them in the bag for a while.

Wilson CI 9
Adams A7
Ping I 15

I know I personally reviewed the PING i15 irons and really was impressed. You can find reviews of the rest of them here on THP as well so good luck!!

looking to replace my 3 fairway with a 4 fairway for better gapping. Liking the looks of the TMAG offerings. Also interested in the 910 and VR Pro lines...we'll see what works.

Also thinking of replacing my nike hybrid shaft with the c. kua

looking to replace my 3 fairway with a 4 fairway for better gapping. Liking the looks of the TMAG offerings. Also interested in the 910 and VR Pro lines...we'll see what works.

Also thinking of replacing my nike hybrid shaft with the c. kua

With all that stuff, you might be better served hitting up the THP demo day.

i sure do like the i15's and the Ci9's myself. a ton of guys liked the J38's at the outing, i can't hit them. it depends on how much you want to spend as well. the Ci9's can be had affordably right now, but the Ping's are great b/c anyone who stocks them usually has a killer fitting cart.

Ya the out of pocket thing at this point is the main factor, I liked the adams, ping, and wilsons when I hit the demo's. I haven't hit the j38s yet but that set is still at teh golf headquarters I was drooling over a few weeks ago so I'm gonna see if they would let me hit the 6 iron a few times :fingers-crossed:

Do I pay 300 extra for a set I'll (try) to keep longer? Or do I stick to the budget for one of the other three....decisions decisions...

With all that stuff, you might be better served hitting up the THP demo day.

Ahhh i'd love to get down to WPB but can't afford it this year as i'm planning a trip to ireland with the family later in the year. I guess i'll have to stick it out and wait for the clubs to hit the shelves and hit them on the launch monitor.

Looking at Octane, SF2.0, DXi, DST and a K15 (if can find one).

Then I have to find a 3 wood or hybrid.

Last edited:
Some new stuff arrived today that we cannot put up yet due to embargo dates, but lets just say I will be hitting balls all weekend and testing some gear out. We should be able to put up pictures of everything next week for everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back