Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know what numbers you are looking for? Or do you have an idea of what numbers you are trying to obtain?

Well, I think being on a real range will show me distance along with the launch monitor too but I like to see it. So with my not so great swing Id really like to find the optimum launch angle so Im not hitting too high a ball or too low. I guess I dont really know what those numbers are but Id like to obtain decent distance and fairway.

Well, I think being on a real range will show me distance along with the launch monitor too but I like to see it. So with my not so great swing Id really like to find the optimum launch angle so Im not hitting too high a ball or too low. I guess I dont really know what those numbers are but Id like to obtain decent distance and fairway.

Then I will tell you based on our playing to look for a driver that has mid-high spin bordering on high spin. Higher launch angle because like me, you need the carry distance and spin and launch are the only ways to get that. The rest will fall into place.

I know you demo'd the J38 from Bridgestone and I dont know how it went for you numbers wise but quite a few you are looking at will be the same as those for comparison sake.

Then I will tell you based on our playing to look for a driver that has mid-high spin bordering on high spin. Higher launch angle because like me, you need the carry distance and spin and launch are the only ways to get that. The rest will fall into place.

I know you demo'd the J38 from Bridgestone and I dont know how it went for you numbers wise but quite a few you are looking at will be the same as those for comparison sake.

So youre saying my list should be more like this: TM SF 2.0?, Ping K15?, Octane?

So youre saying my list should be more like this: TM SF 2.0?, Ping K15?, Octane?

I wont tell anybody what to put on their list, but with your numbers the last time I saw them on the monitor, you want to increase carry and get more spin.

I wont tell anybody what to put on their list, but with your numbers the last time I saw them on the monitor, you want to increase carry and get more spin.

Ok. And where does the SF 2.0 fall into this equation? I was thinking it was something I could consider am I wrong?

Ok. And where does the SF 2.0 fall into this equation? I was thinking it was something I could consider am I wrong?

Going off memory here but I believe it is high launch and low spin.

Going off memory here but I believe it is high launch and low spin.

Wow so theres no TM driver for someone that might need high spin? Just last years SuperTri?

Wow so theres no TM driver for someone that might need high spin? Just last years SuperTri?

I have one I will sell you! haha. No really, I will sell it to you. for a good friendly deal

I have one I will sell you! haha. No really, I will sell it to you. for a good friendly deal

lol I am not pondering the SuperTri. If thats all TM has for me then it wont be in my bag.

THe SuperTri is still the most current TM driver on the market. The others have not been released yet and just like last year the R9 is a smaller head and different style. Releasing the same style head back to back would not make much sense to me. Im just glad they offer a high spin head, some companies making solid new drivers this year dont even make a head with more spin.

THe SuperTri is still the most current TM driver on the market. The others have not been released yet and just like last year the R9 is a smaller head and different style. Releasing the same style head back to back would not make much sense to me. Im just glad they offer a high spin head, some companies making solid new drivers this year dont even make a head with more spin.

Got it. Maybe I'll just go back to pondering putters for the collection. I'll definitely need a Gambler. And I still want one of the new Ping Scottsdale Anser putters.

Got it. Maybe I'll just go back to pondering putters for the collection. I'll definitely need a Gambler. And I still want one of the new Ping Scottsdale Anser putters.

go back to collecting? you just scored two saweet ones today

Have you hit the R11 on the monitor yet JB? Is the spin a lot less from the SuperTri?

go back to collecting? you just scored two saweet ones today

Yeah those were yesterday. No not back to collecting back to pondering what putter is next for the collection. That PT82 has to be the ugliest putter ever.

Yeah those were yesterday. No not back to collecting back to pondering what putter is next for the collection. That PT82 has to be the ugliest putter ever.

who cares bro, it's unique and it's going to be limited, right? i keep thinking that that limited edition phil headcover would be sweet for it. you want it for it?

The Scottsdale I didn't think came in the Anser head, only the Anser II.

Have you see the new Karsten '59 Series? Really a thin top line. Odd looking when compared to the previous Karsten line.

who cares bro, it's unique and it's going to be limited, right? i keep thinking that that limited edition phil headcover would be sweet for it. you want it for it?

naa dude it comes with its own headcover and youre right, very unique putter. Thats why Ive been pondering one for the collection. Im pretty sure it will never see the course. They made two versions the ultra limited 82 and then they made 2500 of the ones like I got.

naa dude it comes with its own headcover and youre right, very unique putter. Thats why Ive been pondering one for the collection. Im pretty sure it will never see the course. They made two versions the ultra limited 82 and then they made 2500 of the ones like I got.

well it's still limited. i'm glad it's in the collection. nice pick up bro! driver pondering time huh? wait til demo day, there will be light wind, and you'll be able to figure out precisely what you need.

The Scottsdale I didn't think came in the Anser head, only the Anser II.

Have you see the new Karsten '59 Series? Really a thin top line. Odd looking when compared to the previous Karsten line.

Yeah youre right, its the Anser 2. Id have one already but GG never has a 33" for me. I really like how those putters roll. Insert is a nice in between firm and soft.

well it's still limited. i'm glad it's in the collection. nice pick up bro! driver pondering time huh? wait til demo day, there will be light wind, and you'll be able to figure out precisely what you need.

Yeah it is, which is cool. I think it will probabaly be the most unique member of the clan. Naa, Im done pondering drivers. Im clueless on them so Im just not going to ponder them for now. I'll hit them at the outing and on the monitor though and then maybe ponder.

Shafts, shafts and more shafts

Miyazaki Blue, Diamana ilima, Graffaloy Pro Axis Blue, Adila DVS/Wasabi for Driver/Fairway

Mashie's like half the known world if I can find some with the 86 gram shaft in it

Have another look at the Titelist 910 D2 but I'm pretty sure it's not going to get it done again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back