Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realized i did not put what was on my radar as far as brands so here it is:

Driver : r9, super tri, or diablo edge
hybrid: cleveland dst or ping g15
irons: cleveland hb3s, taylormade burner plus, calloway diablo edge
wedges: ???

I just put an XFT 60 degree in the bag. I have a Wilson Tw9 56 on the way. The only other thing I am looking to upgrade now is my driver shaft. I usually don't have a lot of patience when it comes to golf stuff. I want to wait for the OUTING to hop on the launch monitor and hit the donzens of shafts available. Part of my thinking is to put an AURA(or another good budget shaft option that I can put in my Diablo), and then possibly look for a driver/shaft combo upgrade at the outing. Or I can just wait for the outing and either upgrade both or just the shaft. Thoughts?

i'd say wait til the outing. i can almost assure you that there will be more than a handful of shaft options to demo. granted, you'll have to demo in an R9 but it should still help. the last thing you'd want is to throw something in there just to throw something in there. that's just my opinion though, but i spent the entire last outing demo time testing shafts, ahaha

i'd say wait til the outing. i can almost assure you that there will be more than a handful of shaft options to demo. granted, you'll have to demo in an R9 but it should still help. the last thing you'd want is to throw something in there just to throw something in there. that's just my opinion though, but i spent the entire last outing demo time testing shafts, ahaha

I have a sneaky suspicion that there may be some version of the R9 in my bag either shortly before or after this outing.

I have a sneaky suspicion that there may be some version of the R9 in my bag either shortly before or after this outing.

i think that would be very smart!

i'm looking forward to spending some time with putters/wedges this time. i kind of ignored them last time.

I keep saying I'm going to wait, but it's sooooo hard not to buy stuff until September.

I do want to get familiar with all of the different wedges and will definitely wait on them. I like mine fine for now, but I know that there is something better out there.

ocd-spaceballs-radar-technician--20080305054920161-000.jpg

Raspberry!

Guys loving the FT Tour huh.. I'll say it's a great club when your swing is agreeing with you, but definitely not the most forgiving! I think I've read TC talk about the sound and feel when you catch it perfect, and he is absolutely right. Great muted sound and feels like you didn't even hit the ball, and it flies/rolls for days.

What I want to look into-

Miura K Grind Wedges
Seemore Carbon
W S Ci9 Irons
Super Black Hybrid
Diablo Edge/ Callaway Ft series

Well since i am not going to be able to make it to the outing, :angry: I will have to go to GG and try out stuff and see what happens. I am looking at the TM Superfast driver and fairway woods and the Callaway Diablo Edge. I am still trying to find somewhere around here that carries Bridgestone clubs as their driver and irons still have my curiosity and interest.

I saw the J38's up close in Charles Howell III's bag last Wednesday and they were really sharp looking. I like their headcovers and staff bags too. I didn't really like the driver when I hit it at the ball fitting though.

I'm looking at putters at the moment. Still need to decide on whether I want a GPS or rangefinder.

Also impatiently waiting for my Superbad 3w and Diablo Edge Tour to arrive :banghead:

I'm thinking that my bag is pretty much complete now. However I'm thinking that the next purchase will more than likely be new shafts for my driver and 3 wood. More than likely going to wait for the outing though to look at that. I'd like to pick JB's (or anyone else's) brain a bit for that. But how knows? Maybe I'll fall in love with something else down there too?? :D

any idea on what the candidates are spank?

Wedges = XFT, Jaws, CG15, maybe something else that will intrigue me at the outing. I really liked the XFT at the Spring outing so it's going in as a heavy favorite.
Hybrid = Cobra Rail F, Ping G15, and maybe another option at the outing. Once again going in the Cobra is the heavy favorite from all the hitting I've done. Tried the Adams Super Black and it wasn't talking to me. You never know though when we go to this shindig what I walk away with. Heck I might just get new irons (hopefully winning them since my irons could use updating).

im both sad and happy at the same time about this thread. going to miss the old one but this one is pretty awesome!

in the bag soon
xft 56, 60

radar
superfast driver

hopefully sooner than later
fitting of all my clubs!

soon a Rangefinder a Leupold or Bushnell and a new Jaws set of wedges.

I saw the J38's up close in Charles Howell III's bag last Wednesday and they were really sharp looking. I like their headcovers and staff bags too. I didn't really like the driver when I hit it at the ball fitting though.

Im pretty sure JB has those while I was down in FL, they are sharp looking clubs for sure! Hit pretty nice too but probably not as forgiving a club as I need.

I just purchased a new set of irons (I picked them up today). And, am thinking of getting a new driver...mine is currently 4.5 years old.

I'm looking at putters at the moment. Still need to decide on whether I want a GPS or rangefinder.

Also impatiently waiting for my Superbad 3w and Diablo Edge Tour to arrive :banghead:

or you get both! I was just GPS first and the problems I kept having were 1) forgetting to charge it and 2) forgetting to load the course if it was a new one. So that naturally led to a Bushnell range finder after using one at the last outing. At first I didnt like it and it does take some getting used to but it always works, no loading or charging it.

this made me laugh...so you bought a rangefinder not because the gps wasn't a fit for you or anything but because of 'user error' well rationalized and well played OEM!!!
or you get both! I was just GPS first and the problems I kept having were 1) forgetting to charge it and 2) forgetting to load the course if it was a new one. So that naturally led to a Bushnell range finder after using one at the last outing. At first I didnt like it and it does take some getting used to but it always works, no loading or charging it.

Thought of that too. I'm leaning toward the RF cause it would be a big help on the range

My current want is:

Seemore fitting and the accompanying recommended putter....and
a ggodd soft travel bag.

Got my new CG15's, flip flopping between a FT5 and Evolver driver and also the Ping G5's and Nickent 4dx CB's
Life dont get much better..... (at least for 2 more months.... hehehe)

this made me laugh...so you bought a rangefinder not because the gps wasn't a fit for you or anything but because of 'user error' well rationalized and well played OEM!!!
lol user error is such a harsh way to put it. But yes that is correct bad planning on my part turned into OEM'ing a rangefinder.

Thought of that too. I'm leaning toward the RF cause it would be a big help on the range
I use it all the time on the range, since the signs are never right for yardage or just dont even exist.

I'm contemplating a new driver, but will probably wait until my swing is a bit more sorted out. However, considering how well the Diablo Edge irons have improved my iron game, I'm strongly considering the Diablo Edge driver to go with them.

My only concern is that my driver flight is not very high to begin with using my 13 degree Nike Sumo, and I'm afraid going to a lower degree driver will sacrifice distance.

You can get the DED in a 13HT as well if needed. The stock shaft looks to be a high launcher, so maybe it won't be neccessary. I would def try it out. I was able to swing it at the last outing and it was a rocket. I'll post up my thoughts about it today too after I take the one OEM sent me for a range session.

I'm getting a new set of irons. I have it narrowed to three sets, R9's, machspeeds, and the X-24's. I need to hit all of them and get some numbers. The HO in me wants the R9's though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back