Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
man, i love seeing what everyone's wants/needs are.

i'll be picking up another set of irons by the end of the year. ever since i had the chance to spend some time with the wilson ci9's, i've been wanting them. i'll snag a set at the end of the year, or if can can win this sales contest we have going on right now. i'm sitting 4th on the ladder out of the entire company!!!

I really don't have a desire to upgrade my irons, I'm more than happy with them. I just got new wedges, I'm thinking the shaft upgrade(possible driver upgrade) will be my final addition to the bag at the end of the year(or before the beginning of next season)

Almost forgot, I'm also buying a Bushnell XGC within the week. Got so much I want to buy I can't keep up with it all! I have a problem.

I think I am going to buy a series of lessons at Golf Tech. I may also drive to TN to do a putter fitting with SeeMore. I really like SeeMore as a company and would love to get the Scotty out of my bag.

I think I am going to buy a series of lessons at Golf Tech. I may also drive to TN to do a putter fitting with SeeMore. I really like SeeMore as a company and would love to get the Scotty out of my bag.

You could be like Tiger and switch to the Method putter or better yet, GO GHOST

You could be like Tiger and switch to the Method putter or better yet, GO GHOST

I had a method, but I didn't like it as much as I do some other putters.

I want a daytona ghost.

I am looking for a new gap wedge and replacement of the hybrids and then my bag will be officially complete. (yeah right)

I have the machspeed driver, but i want a more traditional head. i'm considering the taylormade superfast. i'm also in the market for a new 3 wood. i spend too much on equipment.

Break I think you'll like the look of the superfast compared to the Nike. I wouldn't call it traditional but it's more so then the Nike for sure. And the superfast 3w is the real deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am in the process of purchasing (or trying to, at least) an entirely new bag. Thus far, I've decided on the following:

Callaway X-24 irons (not sure which shafts to get, though: X-22 or FT-iZ)
TM Rossa Corza Ghost

Just call me "OEM Kevinette."

Woods, hybrids, drivers and actual bag TBD shortly.

Oh, yeah, and I use the pink Precept Lady iQPlus, mostly because they're easy to find in the rough.

Kim

I am in the process of purchasing (or trying to, at least) an entirely new bag. Thus far, I've decided on the following:

Callaway X-24 irons (not sure which shafts to get, though: X-22 or FT-iZ)
TM Rossa Corza Ghost

Just call me "OEM Kevinette."

Woods, hybrids, drivers and actual bag TBD shortly.

Oh, yeah, and I use the pink Precept Lady iQPlus, mostly because they're easy to find in the rough.

Kim

You should come down for the outing Kim. First, you'll go bonkers just looking at all the candy... I mean equipment. And second you'll be able to meet the man, the myth, the legend... the guy behind the guy, Mr OEM himself.

Mizuno Irons

the line forms to the right..... lol

You should come down for the outing Kim. First, you'll go bonkers just looking at all the candy... I mean equipment. And second you'll be able to meet the man, the myth, the legend... the guy behind the guy, Mr OEM himself.

exactly. just trying to make sure Andy doesn't get overwhelmed

Spoiler
and that I have more time with him haha

So there's 2 lines... left for Andy, right for Kevin? Man tough choice. :D

I think any new addition I make will be in the shaft department. I am also interested in some of the newer putters on the market. Who knows what will go on after seeing and playing with all those great toys down there :eek:)!!!

What's up OEM?

I took the DED out to the range today at lunch. It's a no-grass range, which kinda sucks, but I was on limited time. Verdict is: DED is awesome for me! When I hit the sweetspot the ball just took off. I had a nice medium height ball flight that really got out there quick. I don't know how, but I only had a few slicers (my driver miss). Almost everything was really, really straight.

I put DED up head-to-head with the Burner and there really wasn't much of a comparison. Good shots were better with DED, missing the sweetspot was better, and the big misses weren't even as bad. Crazy how that works. Oh yeah, it sets up better visually for me too.

So, I'll be taking it out for an on-course try-out to confirm this weekend. I'm super-stoked, because I'm thinking that I'll be gaining sick yardage with this thing. I'm especially excited to see what happens when I let DED smack an e6.

I'll keep you updated.

What's up OEM?

I took the DED out to the range today at lunch. It's a no-grass range, which kinda sucks, but I was on limited time. Verdict is: DED is awesome for me! When I hit the sweetspot the ball just took off. I had a nice medium height ball flight that really got out there quick. I don't know how, but I only had a few slicers (my driver miss). Almost everything was really, really straight.

I put DED up head-to-head with the Burner and there really wasn't much of a comparison. Good shots were better with DED, missing the sweetspot was better, and the big misses weren't even as bad. Crazy how that works. Oh yeah, it sets up better visually for me too.

So, I'll be taking it out for an on-course try-out to confirm this weekend. I'm super-stoked, because I'm thinking that I'll be gaining sick yardage with this thing. I'm especially excited to see what happens when I let DED smack an e6.

I'll keep you updated.

Awesome to hear!! Can't wait for mine to show up

cool new thread! hey hawk your gonna love the Edge hope you got a chance to hit it at lunch. love to hear your thoughts!

equipment being pondered...

new putter- 1st choice White Ice #1 also really like the TM black Daytona. also intrigued by the TM ghost Daytona

hybrids- love my new FYbrid 3h so interested in adding the 4h and 5h and possibly the FY Bridge

3 wood- if I dont go with the Bridge club will seriously think about finally adding a 3 wood, havent started looking yet so not sure on make or model

The sound is the only thing that will take some getting used to. It's almost like the exact opposite of the Burner. It's got more of a cracking sound. The best shots I hit with it were the quietest.

thats awesome hawk! I knew you would love it! like you said even the misses arent that bad! glad its working out for you, welcome to the Edge Club!

What's up OEM?

I'll keep you updated.

thats awesome hawk! I knew you would love it! like you said even the misses arent that bad! glad its working out for you, welcome to the Edge Club!

I'm really anxious to see what happens on the course. I'm thinking that my so-so shots were going an easy 30 yards farther because they were so much straighter. If I can get my driver swing a little fine-tuned I think I'm gonna freak out at the results. I think I took swinging on a flatter plane a little too far.

your gonna love it on the course too hawk, its almost impossible to not square this club. I have gained about 20-30 yards in distance and around 4-5 more fairways hit because my bannana slice is 99.9% gone! best of luck with it on your first round!

3 wood- if I dont go with the Bridge club will seriously think about finally adding a 3 wood, havent started looking yet so not sure on make or model

Sunday,

I really don't think that you are going to see much of a difference between the 3h and the Bridge. They are only 1.5° difference (though the shaft may be a little longer) I would check your distances with the 3h and then a 3W and if you need to, close the gap.

I go from 3W > Bridge > 4h and I just don't have that much of a gap. I think you and I have pretty similar distances, so it might be worth looking at. Here are my distances at the top of my bag.

3W - 200-215
Bridge - 190-200
4h - 175-185

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back