Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you chunkycheated OEM and myself a few pages ago here...I think I coined the phrase myself: To ponder for someone else on THP.

Haha that is right

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I am going to get fit I think before I seriously ponder any more equipment purchases. The Classic driver is really calling me though, I like my 290 a lot and wonder how I would do with the Classic.

Hawkpondering is when you like something but know you'll never buy it (I'm good at this)
Chunkyresponding is what chunky does. You engage him in convo and he takes forever to reply
OEMing is straight up laying the cash on the table and getting it done (THP has a lot of good OEM'ers that fly under the radar. Dirtydawg is a good example)
Colonel'ing is when you mutliquote something in a big, big way. That came from us making fun of the first Morgan Cup Captain, biggsy

There is also chunkylurking but I've learned that that's just a result of chunkyresponding.

Anyway, Nate, I hope you sell that driver so you can snag a Classic bro!

Just sent an email to Patty at Blind9 about a Cleveland Classic 10.5* driver, Stock stiff shaft. Sold my 3Wood, and hope to sell my driver, but I think I am teetering over the edge on OEMing it.

Solid Nate!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I'm chunkypondering a Classic driver for Jersey Nate. I love when lefties in my same state are about to OEM a piece of equipment that I'm hawkpondering. Lol.

Hawkpondering is when you like something but know you'll never buy it (I'm good at this)
Chunkyresponding is what chunky does. You engage him in convo and he takes forever to reply
OEMing is straight up laying the cash on the table and getting it done (THP has a lot of good OEM'ers that fly under the radar. Dirtydawg is a good example)
Colonel'ing is when you mutliquote something in a big, big way. That came from us making fun of the first Morgan Cup Captain, biggsy

There is also chunkylurking but I've learned that that's just a result of chunkyresponding.

Don't forget chunkypondering! :D

But at this point, I may OEM this even if I don't sell my R11 right away.

I am going to get fit I think before I seriously ponder any more equipment purchases. The Classic driver is really calling me though, I like my 290 a lot and wonder how I would do with the Classic.

I really love the looks of the Classic but I think i'm going to try a driver fitting this year. Need to get my swing in a little better shape first though.

I really love the looks of the Classic but I think i'm going to try a driver fitting this year. Need to get my swing in a little better shape first though.

This. I have so many drivers swimming around in my head but I really need to work on my swing some and then get a good fitting. I have a Golf USA here that should carry everything I'm pondering.

Looking for a low spin driver / shaft combo. SS = 107 with low launch and too much spin. Ready fire away with suggestions!

After hearing back from Patty at Blind9, my pondering is probably getting pushed to a new level for a Mashie 3 wood and 2 Hybrid. They have awesome prices on em. I may sell my R9 Supertri and go without a driver for a while as I try to find one that works for me.

After hearing back from Patty at Blind9, my pondering is probably getting pushed to a new level for a Mashie 3 wood and 2 Hybrid. They have awesome prices on em. I may sell my R9 Supertri and go without a driver for a while as I try to find one that works for me.

Hehe...I'm most likely going to go without a 3W for a while because of Blind9 and the Cleveland Classic. But the Mashie 3/5W is a big ponder for sure.

Hehe...I'm most likely going to go without a 3W for a while because of Blind9 and the Cleveland Classic. But the Mashie 3/5W is a big ponder for sure.

I really want a classic too, but it's tough for me to throw that much money at one club blindly. If I get a chance to hit it and see how it is, I'd definitely take a look at it.

Pondering new iron shafts. Need to hit up a Mizuno fitter to use their shaft picker thing. I think the S300s may be too stiff for me. My R9s (s flex) are 2* stronger than my previous irons (reg flex shafts) yet they are nearly identical in distance.

I have been hawkpondering range finders lately....I really want one...just cant make myself pull the trigger!

Dont forget TMEXing....that's when you OEM something and use it, knowing the whole time that you plan on returning it :laughing:

Looking for a low spin driver / shaft combo. SS = 107 with low launch and too much spin. Ready fire away with suggestions!

Bridgestone J40 head is low spinning. Maybe Miyazaki Black to pair with it? Diamana Ahina?

Dont forget TMEXing....that's when you OEM something and use it, knowing the whole time that you plan on returning it :laughing:

LMAO - QFT!

Chunky - any reason why achase215 could not go with the stock PX in the J40? Penetrating launch shaft with low spin - think the spin is too low with that combo?

Bridgestone J40 head is low spinning. Maybe Miyazaki Black to pair with it? Diamana Ahina?

Do you think that would bring the ball flight down TOO low? To the point where if he did get his OTT problems sorted out he would be hitting low runners to the shortstop.

I've never hit a J40, so I'm just throwing out questions.

You are right Cookie. PX is a good shaft as well. I don't get along with that shaft so I kind of forgot about it

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Have to add one to the list:

coolbreezing is when you ponder anything and everything all at the same time

Example. I am pondering a Cleveland Classic driver I decide. Then someone brings up the RBZ driver, I ponder that too. But then someone else brings up the new R11S driver, I ponder that too. I am now coolbreezing drivers. Its a very dirty act.

You've got some big gaps there. I know for myself, I can't hit a 60 consistently so I dropped to a 58 and I've been happy. Sounds like you can handle a 60 though. So would you be going 46/52/62? IMO that is a pretty large gap in your scoring irons
That's what I was thinking probably leave it at 46/52/60. Still a little large but right now I feel like the 46/54/58 is too close on the high and too far on the low.

Legit pondering selling my SuperTri. There's just something about it lately that I can't hit, for some reason. Don't know if its the head, or shaft, or just me, but I think I need a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back