Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's exactly what I was thinking. I love the StaSoft glove I've been testing and I'm sure I'll need a new one. They had a sale on ZStar yellows for $33 last week. Curious to see what their prices are this week. I'm sure they will mark it back up before taking the discount but you never know.
You could always snag a glove or two, maybe a few balls.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I love the StaSoft glove I've been testing and I'm sure I'll need a new one. They had a sale on ZStar yellows for $33 last week. Curious to see what their prices are this week. I'm sure they will mark it back up before taking the discount but you never know.

Id snag one of the Bionic Pro glves. Tc told me about them and I tried one. Love it. Holds up better then the Nike glove I was using and fits WAY better then the FJ's, which seem to have changed. But at $39.99 its also the most expensive too. Love it though!

Yeah but at about $29 it might be a steal. :) I need to get over to the glove review thread!
Id snag one of the Bionic Pro glves. Tc told me about them and I tried one. Love it. Holds up better then the Nike glove I was using and fits WAY better then the FJ's, which seem to have changed. But at $39.99 its also the most expensive too. Love it though!

Alright I'm thinking of going crazy here. Does anyone have the Ping Rapture V2's?

Once again, I'm on the iron hunt.. Hit the Adams CB1/CB2 the other day, preferred the CB1. Also still thinking about the r9s, which I hit very well at the beginning of the year..

Tough call... I'm also inclined to wait to see what Mizuno brings out.

had the chance to hit the R9 irons for the first time on friday. golfsmith in atlanta has been the first place i've found a R9 iron to demo in LH. i was very, very impressed. loved the look and feel a lot!!!! it's definitely worth trying out if you want my opinion.

Yeah but at about $29 it might be a steal. :) I need to get over to the glove review thread!

do it dude! best/most durable glove ever! worth every penny.

had the chance to hit the R9 irons for the first time on friday. golfsmith in atlanta has been the first place i've found a R9 iron to demo in LH. i was very, very impressed. loved the look and feel a lot!!!! it's definitely worth trying out if you want my opinion.

Yeah I am headed to the local golf store tonight to verify my numbers are still the same from the start of this year... I am also a bit concerned about the shaft. I was absolutely launching the ball with the kbs stiff, and they recommended the x100s from TT. I did agree on swinging them as my launch angle came way down, however, I was hoping to stick with the KBS shafts and bump up to the x-stiff or even doing that 'soft step' process from one to the other. My swing optimizer;

mizunoswingoptimizer.jpg

All in all I was very impressed. I'll have a much better opinion on it all tonight.. Hopefully their variety is solid.

i think that biggsy has the kbs 130's in his cg7 tours and he loves them. have fun tonight and good luck.

Your optimizer looks very similar to mine. I went with the DG x100's they are the cats ass!

Your optimizer looks very similar to mine. I went with the DG x100's they are the cats ass!

Normally I would take that approach, as I have always had a tremendous amount of confidence in the DG line, but after reading 30 pages of review yesterday, I couldn't help but notice the number of times people mentioned how well the KBS shaft compliments the r9. I guess my hope is that my local store carries an extra stiff KBS that I can try out... That would certainly resolve all questions for me!

I completely understand, getting seat time is great when it comes to these shafts, if you can find them on a set.

Well I'm having a tough time finding the Kia ma putter for a reasonable price so my custom putter experience will probably be pushed back some. Found a bunch of 34" but no 35" that the price wasn't really high on. I will find one eventually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for the cost of a grip and an extra dollar you can get it extended an inch
Well I'm having a tough time finding the Kia ma putter for a reasonable price so my custom putter experience will probably be pushed back some. Found a bunch of 34" but no 35" that the price wasn't really high on. I will find one eventually.

I agree about the new grip and extension. You said it was just a collection putter and not for use I am pretty sure, so this would be the easiest way to go.

Wedges. I am beginning to look at new wedges. I love my CG15s, but having played them for close to a year now, they are starting to get worn down. I have to say that this part makes the xFT so appealing in that I could just change the face plate.e

Wedges. I am beginning to look at new wedges. I love my CG15s, but having played them for close to a year now, they are starting to get worn down. I have to say that this part makes the xFT so appealing in that I could just change the face plate.e

spent some time with the xft at the superstore friday, it's very nice! i still think that i prefer the JAWS though.

spent some time with the xft at the superstore friday, it's very nice! i still think that i prefer the JAWS though.

I am on the other end of the spectrum. I like the Jaws wedges quite a bit, but definitely preferred the CG15s. I do however really like the xFTs and one of the biggest selling points is being able to have new wedges every season with just a switch of the plate.

I am on the other end of the spectrum. I like the Jaws wedges quite a bit, but definitely preferred the CG15s. I do however really like the xFTs and one of the biggest selling points is being able to have new wedges every season with just a switch of the plate.

you certainly can't argue with that fact at all. if it were me, and i was replacing my wedges, i'd prolly go with the TM's. just change the grips on them immediately.

you certainly can't argue with that fact at all. if it were me, and i was replacing my wedges, i'd prolly go with the TM's. just change the grips on them immediately.

Yeah, their stock grips are flat out terrible.

I'm sure you've already told me but why? Spin factor?

I'm sure you've already told me but why? Spin factor?

yeah, that has something to do with it. i also really happen to like the way it looks at address and in the bag as well. good looking, solid performing wedge. it's nice to be able to stop a ball on a green and not have to throw it up in the air. the amount of stopping power these have is kind of crazy. i also am a fan of the cg series from cleveland as well. as you can see, i've had the cg14 for quite some time. it's beginning to wear beautifully! you could give me the jaws, the cg15, or the xft and i'd be one happy duck!

Agreed. Let's say the X Wedge outperforms the xFTs but by only a small margin, do you think people will go with the TM's based on the face plate technology in order to save soem $$$ down the road? I'm sure that this is exactly what TM is hoping for but curious to see how much this techology will weigh on people's minds when purchasing wedges going forward.

Ive never seen a wedge tear up a ball like the Jaws can, its sick.

this could be a factor for not choosing the JAWS against other wedges I suppose. If it's a ball eater (mind out of the gutter people!) with all the softer covers on the market now, that may be something to consider.
Ive never seen a wedge tear up a ball like the Jaws can, its sick.

this could be a factor for not choosing the JAWS against other wedges I suppose. If it's a ball eater (mind out of the gutter people!) with all the softer covers on the market now, that may be something to consider.

I actually read something and that was one of the cons they gave it, tore up balls too much. haha. The Jaws tore up my balls. Hey Beavis...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back