Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking the plunge into JPX 800's finally talked myself into spending the money. Doesn't hurt that PGA SS is offering 50% bonus on trade-in, so I've to take advantage of it. Thinking 6,7,8,9,PW,GW,SW as I've got to get 7 irons with the trade program and I'll buy the 58* in the 11 or 10, whichever I prefer.

Question though, with the mizuno fitting gizmo taking much of the time out of the equation does it sound dumb of me to want to get fit 2-3 times to kinda get an average, since my swing does have some "issues" and can change from one round to the next. So my thinking was that a average might alleviate getting something that was set up for me on a bad day or vice versa, make sense?

Not really. A fitting should work fine and give you the idea of what it would take. Since you plan on going to the next outing, have you thought about waiting to try out as many irons as you can during demo day? I mean it is kind of far away being in the Spring, but it would give you time to hone your swing more.

Are the Williams stuff out yet? I couldn´t find anything in the article and looked at golfsmith?

Are the Williams stuff out yet? I couldn´t find anything in the article and looked at golfsmith?

It is out. But not a ton in the US. You can find it though.

FW32 Black Series Driver Japan Spec
$1,500.00

Holy Crap!!!! Won´t be buying this anytime soon.....

THat is the black series. Not really the regular consumer version.

Not really. A fitting should work fine and give you the idea of what it would take. Since you plan on going to the next outing, have you thought about waiting to try out as many irons as you can during demo day? I mean it is kind of far away being in the Spring, but it would give you time to hone your swing more.

That's a good point JB, but really I have hit countless iron sets in the past month, I keep coming back to the JPX, they just have that "it" factor. In a perfect world I would go to the 800 Pro's but I still need that little extra forgiveness (sp). I think the trade-in bonus was the tipping point for me. I'm going to focus on drivers/shafts at the outing...kinda sad that I've already got my demo day planned...

In a perfect world I would go to the 800 Pro's but I still need that little extra forgiveness (sp).

Out of curiosity why? Are you a guy that works the ball?

Out of curiosity why? Are you a guy that works the ball?

LOL, lord no, my idea of working is keeping it on the intended line. I meant that in a perfect world where I didn't need the forgiveness I would go with those because of the forged heads for greater feedback. But I'll keep working at improving and hopefully in 2-3 years I'll be ready for the step up to GI irons from SGI.

LOL, lord no, my idea of working is keeping it on the intended line. I meant that in a perfect world where I didn't need the forgiveness I would go with those because of the forged heads for greater feedback. But I'll keep working at improving and hopefully in 2-3 years I'll be ready for the step up to GI irons from SGI.

JPX-800 are NOT SGI irons.

You are correct, I was speaking in generalities, my error.

No worries. I am so glad you found your irons. You have to keep us updated with how they are working. There is a lengthy thread on them.

Pondering several things.

1. Spotless Swing Towel with THP Logo, black. Looks good and review was quite positive.
2. Asher Death Grip glove. Just looks cool.
3. 50* Wedge to replace my 48*. Looking at Callaway Jaws, Cleveland CG15, and a Vokey.
4. 5 wood. Empty spot in my bag and need it since I'm not a long hitter. Went to Dicks in Kingsport yesterday. And of course they didn't have a great selection. Perhaps just the timing since new models will be out soon? Hit the Superfast and Nike VR. The Superfast felt much better IMHO. But waiting till I can try the Diablo Edge along side of the Superfast.

Question: Would it be better to get a 4wood since I'm not a long hitter?

Pondering several things.

1. Spotless Swing Towel with THP Logo, black. Looks good and review was quite positive.
2. Asher Death Grip glove. Just looks cool.
3. 50* Wedge to replace my 48*. Looking at Callaway Jaws, Cleveland CG15, and a Vokey.
4. 5 wood. Empty spot in my bag and need it since I'm not a long hitter. Went to Dicks in Kingsport yesterday. And of course they didn't have a great selection. Perhaps just the timing since new models will be out soon? Hit the Superfast and Nike VR. The Superfast felt much better IMHO. But waiting till I can try the Diablo Edge along side of the Superfast.

Question: Would it be better to get a 4wood since I'm not a long hitter?

I see you've got a 25* 5 iron in the bag, and a 24* hybrid... Do they hit that much different in the way of distance??

You could also always go for the 18 degree hybrid to go along with your 21/24 combo.. Seems like that would fill the gap beautifully.

A center-shafted Lajosi Didge.

I just love the head style and a CS of it he just did for someone was flat out gorgeous. So naturally after talking to Kari the itch is getting bigger...

A center-shafted Lajosi Didge.

I just love the head style and a CS of it he just did for someone was flat out gorgeous. So naturally after talking to Kari the itch is getting bigger...

you crack me up jman!!! i love it. can't wait to see what you come up with.

i've been surfing the web for the corza ghost putter in LH. i'm in what i'd like to call, "serious" mode.

you crack me up jman!!! i love it. can't wait to see what you come up with.

Yeah, I know. There will be a SeeMore or two out the door for this if I pull the trigger. Kari is great to work with and its great to know what awesome workmanship it somes with.

Also trying to sell my SuperTri as the 4DX is just too nostalgic and blissful for me, so, funds for that will be headed this way.

Yeah, I know. There will be a SeeMore or two out the door for this if I pull the trigger. Kari is great to work with and its great to know what awesome workmanship it somes with.

Also trying to sell my SuperTri as the 4DX is just too nostalgic and blissful for me, so, funds for that will be headed this way.

good luck selling. i know the lajosi's impressed the heck out of a lot of folks at the outing. i quite liked it myself.

Jenn's last birthday present came today...a Taylormade Kia Ma Daytona (black) putter. She loved the one at the outing so I got her one for her birthday. May send it out to get customized like the one GG has. We went and played 9 holes this afternoon, man that thing felt sweet.

Jenn's last birthday present came today...a Taylormade Kia Ma Daytona (black) putter. She loved the one at the outing so I got her one for her birthday. May send it out to get customized like the one GG has. We went and played 9 holes this afternoon, man that thing felt sweet.

Tell her congrats on the new putter, I hope it works great for her.

Tell her congrats on the new putter, I hope it works great for her.

i know it worked great for me! It may not be her putter for long haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back