Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pondering grips.

I have the SSB Ocracoke CS and the Slighter CS coming home this week and they have noooooo grips. Debating hard between red Iomic or Stitchback for the SSB and the Slighter will depend on what paintfill color LaMont chose for me...I'm hoping its something bright!

Oh, I forgot a third grip and a shaft for the Machine M2A head.

I'm thinking of either reshafting the FT-IZ with a different shaft or going to possibly the 910 D2. Just in a funk with this driver right now. I'm intrigued by the C Kua but I know I hit the Kai'li well. Never should have gotten rid of the ST.

Oh, I forgot a third grip and a shaft for the Machine M2A head.

You are going to catch me at this point pretty soon on putters.

You are going to catch me at this point pretty soon on putters.

Haha, this one will be the last for a while (no, seriously...really, I mean it, really, really). The only other brand I'd consider adding is a Betti, and thats not in the cards anytime soon having just paid off the Xmas Disney Vacation. The Machine was a used head from Chris with Machine that he picked up from someone selling theirs off, he had cleaned it up and offered to change the neck from a flow neck to the bad-arse modular center shaft...so I couldn't resist. It was one on my list of must haves...only thing diff is it is Aluminum Bronze and not copper...but, It'll still patina nicely.

I think he would benefit from settling in with something as well so I hope that something speaks to him sooner than later. All's I know is that he had arough day out there today and he's getting frustrated.

No doubt. I hope it does work. But at the same time, he JUST got the C. Kua put in the SuperFast 2 weeks ago and said how good it felt. Or perhaps the swing is in a funk from constant change? Either way, I hope it works for him, but I hope he finds one that truly works and he can settle in on something and see the scores drop.

I think he would benefit from settling in with something as well so I hope that something speaks to him sooner than later. All's I know is that he had arough day out there today and he's getting frustrated.

just wait till he gets down to FL in a few weeks and starts testing some more clubs. He may end up with an entire new bag by time he makes his return trip.

just wait till he gets down to FL in a few weeks and starts testing some more clubs. He may end up with an entire new bag by time he makes his return trip.

there's always a possibility. i think he's pretty stoked with the new driver and irons and wedges, but i know he's been struggling with the longer sticks here lately. i know he had a lesson over the weekend working specifically on those clubs, but you know what it's like when you get in a funk, sometimes something different is what you need. i hate it for him, b/c we've all been there at times.

What is everyone's opinion as to when is the "right time" to buy a new driver or consider putting a new shaft into it?

What is everyone's opinion as to when is the "right time" to buy a new driver or consider putting a new shaft into it?

When you hit another one and the launch monitor numbers are better than the one before.

there's always a possibility. i think he's pretty stoked with the new driver and irons and wedges, but i know he's been struggling with the longer sticks here lately. i know he had a lesson over the weekend working specifically on those clubs, but you know what it's like when you get in a funk, sometimes something different is what you need. i hate it for him, b/c we've all been there at times.

we've all been there and its one of the worst feelings you can have on a course.

while i agree with a lot of what JB says, i also think that sometimes one can just become attached to a specific driver (visually, comfort type of thing). if you love the look of the hibore but feel as though maybe it launches to high/to low, then maybe it's time for a new shaft. if you just feel like it's lost its "pop", time for a new stick.

while i agree with a lot of what JB says, i also think that sometimes one can just become attached to a specific driver (visually, comfort type of thing). if you love the look of the hibore but feel as though maybe it launches to high/to low, then maybe it's time for a new shaft. if you just feel like it's lost its "pop", time for a new stick.

I guess I will wait till May and hope to get some monitor time to get my answers

Need new irons and don't have a lot of money. I can't find nickent really, so I'm looking at Wilson Ci7 irons. Anybody have a word about them?

Need new irons and don't have a lot of money. I can't find nickent really, so I'm looking at Wilson Ci7 irons. Anybody have a word about them?

there are a couple of guys here who have played them a quite liked them. i'm sure they'll chime in. i've never hit the Ci7 irons but i love the Ci9's. i think they are packed with some goodness and can be had relatively cheaply as well. i also think that they look better.

as for me, i'm pondering a new putter, but i'm not sure what style of putter works best for me. i think i need to go through a putter fitting and i'm working on figuring out how's the best way to go about it. i had no clue where to start so i figured why not ask someone who knows a ton about putters, and sent an email to the guys at seemore. i'm eagerly awaiting a response.

There is a review on them on the home page of our site.

The Ci7's are one of the iron sets that I play. If you hit the ball well, they are great irons. Imo, they are very attractive looking from all angles and players that like a thinner top-line while needing some forgiveness should love them. They give very good feeback and feel great when you hit them pure.

That said, depending on your skill level, there are more forgiving iron sets out there for similar prices. Adams a30S, Nike Slingshots, Cally Big Berta 08 come to mind. I would take the time to try some out if you have a shop around that has some older models.

Let me know if you have any specific questions and I'll be glad to answer them if I can.

My Nike Unitized putter comes in today. It will be fun to play with a blade for a little while. There isn't too much golf season left up here. Will post some pics when I get home.

Good luck with the new stick, ddec!

My Nike Unitized putter comes in today. It will be fun to play with a blade for a little while. There isn't too much golf season left up here. Will post some pics when I get home.

i always liked the unitized series. didn't that have a "retro" one? i'm sure it will be a fun little process while that ghost is getting badass'd/vibranted.

With the sale at TGW i need to snag the 50 XFT to round out my wedges. I'm also pondering a new cart bag. I have a stand bag currently that I've never walked in so a cart bag would be ideal. Just waiting on some season ending clearance sales for last year's or even two year old bags.

I've been pondering bags as well, Spank. I have the same thing going on. A stand bag that isn't very serious.

After hitting the K15 3W and liking it Im now pondering the K15 driver.

Did you get a chance to demo it in FL, Kev?

I've been pondering bags as well, Spank. I have the same thing going on. A stand bag that isn't very serious.

Hit me up if you see anything and I'll do the same. I'm trying to get something in the sub $100 range. Closeouts are my friend. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back