Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Since the OEM Kevin thread turned into a cool idea, we are going to move that banter and have this be the official thread for this kind of talk and information. This will be the place that you will be able to chat about gear of any type that you are looking at, considering, just purchased and more.

The man, the myth, the legend that makes OEM's grin from ear to ear is here to help and share his insightful thoughts each day and of course his humor.

this is a great idea!! well, done OEM, you're now "official".

for the first post: FT Tour? haha

• Admin
Two threads now Kevin???? Wow!! When does the weekly radio show start?

The OEM Kevin thread will be moved to the banter away thread and this will become his official thread.

Whoops, guess I misread that. Well you had two threads for about 5 minutes Kevin. :D

So, I'm taking a slightly long lunch to hit the Diablo Edge that OEM sent me to try out. I've been daydreaming about it since last week. If it works, it will be my newest addition to the bag. Yay!

I have so many things on my radar I need 3 or 4 screens. Drivers, hybrids, irons, wedges pretty much everything except a putter.

Ok, I'm confused. Am I allowed to post in this one or the other one??

• Admin
Ok, I'm confused. Am I allowed to post in this one or the other one??

You can post in either, but this will be the main thread. But since the OEM Kevin thread turned into a banter thread mixed with equipment as well, Kevin and I decided that it would be best to have a thread like this for all the equipment banter that does not fit in a regular thread. Then this one will get a sticky to stay at the top and we will merge the two threads.

So, I'm taking a slightly long lunch to hit the Diablo Edge that OEM sent me to try out. I've been daydreaming about it since last week. If it works, it will be my newest addition to the bag. Yay!

hawk, i can't wait to hear your thoughts! the DED has a great reputation and the fact that it won the shoot out speaks volumes. good luck, i hope your moringing goes by quickly.

as for me, my superfast 3w will be shipping out today! can't wait to get a hold of it. i hope it's here by thursday, i have a round of golf with some potential clients at a course that would be ideal for a 3w.

i'm also in the market for a putter but want to wait until the outing before making any decisions.

It's soooooooooo tough though JB. That superfast is calling my name. I'm blaming the last two rounds of driving on the ball. I really didnt like the ProV1x. BUt it was free!

I know OEM was testing the Superfast and would to hear his thoughts on how it compares to the R9 for his game.
Good idea!

Wedge set redux for me. On the radar but I will not lock in until after the outing. Same with a hybrid.

OEM is movin' on up!

Wedge set redux for me. On the radar but I will not lock in until after the outing. Same with a hybrid.

OEM is movin' on up!

any idea on what the candidates are spank?

Good idea!

i've never been tested quite like this. i've always had the odyssey #9 on my radar but perhaps there's something at the outing that will suit me better. i definitely want to wait, actually doing it is a whole nother issue.

im pretty set right now, however i have the stock voodoo in my hybrid and im not quite certain it is fitting my swing, any thoughts OEM?

I'm pondering new wedges and potentially new irons. Trying to hold out until the Outing though....

Im liking the new thread and all the pondering about new gear! cant wait to hear how you like the SuperFast 3W tc, I think you'll love it. And yes I have that FT Tour on the radar. Im hoping I can range test it before OEM'ing it!

I've been salivating over the TaylorMade Superfast 3 wood. Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I think it's only a matter of time. I've also been keeping the Burner Irons on my radar, haven't decided if I want new irons, but I haven't been thrilled with my Cleveland CG reds this season for sure.

Entire bag top to bottom. Heck including the bag. Already changed the Supertri to the FT-IZ. Irons will be changed from Adams PB MB's to Callaway Diablo Forged or possibly the Ping I15's. Putter is going to go from Betti Studio Stock 4 to I don't know yet. Something in the Anser range. Bag is going to be either the Bennington Quiet Organizer or the Sun Mountain C130. Will keep the 3 wood(for now), hybrid, and may keep the Scratch wedge but the TM is being kicked out for an undetermined lobber. Putter is the most difficult for me. Loved the SS4 at first but for some reason I just can't get consistent with it. It is either very on or almost shankable. I think I need the Anser style. I am looking at Machine(my dream putter) or have glanced at Mills, Morgan, etc.. The TM Kia Ma Tour issue Daytona looks pretty sweet also.

My bag is now set until the outing... even though I really don't want it to be

The radar includes:
New (real?) Wedges: xFt vs JAWS vs cg15
New Irons: R9 vs Mx200/300 vs Adams a7
New Fairwaywoods: Superfast?
I have also been looking at the 8883 putter. I got to roll a used 'Ben Crenshaw' cleveland blade in a store the other day and it was really nice. Never hit that style of putter before.... Asking price was astronomical for a used club. I would like to have at least one blade putter in my repertoire!

No purchases till after the outing... and at least for the irons and the fairway wood, likely no purchase until next year and get them at off cycle prices.
I have recently started to really enjoy my old irons again (Taylormade RAC-HTs circa 2003) so maybe I wont want to replace them after all.

I just put an XFT 60 degree in the bag. I have a Wilson Tw9 56 on the way. The only other thing I am looking to upgrade now is my driver shaft. I usually don't have a lot of patience when it comes to golf stuff. I want to wait for the OUTING to hop on the launch monitor and hit the donzens of shafts available. Part of my thinking is to put an AURA(or another good budget shaft option that I can put in my Diablo), and then possibly look for a driver/shaft combo upgrade at the outing. Or I can just wait for the outing and either upgrade both or just the shaft. Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back