Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, I didn't realize the DE Driver came in a 13. I'll be a little more interested now that I know that.

The GolfSmith I went to recently to try out irons was not particularly helpful. The outing would be a great place to test out some new clubs, if I can get the scratch together to make it down there. :) If not, any suggestions as to a place that I could demo a few drivers and not just be hitting into a net that's 10 feet away from me, but get a more accurate idea of ball flight and consistency?

Maybe a demo day at a local course? You can check the manufacturers' websites for dates in your area.

I am considering 2 things right now:
1) 2/3 Hybrid - Plan to figure this out at the outing if I can wait that long.
2) new wedges! Mine are 3 years old and this is the year of the wedge!
ok ok ok 3 things
3) new putter, I really really like the black ice Odyssey #9

thanks hawk, wasnt factoring in degrees yet but thats good to know. I would really like to add a 3w to my bag but havent had much success in the past with this club but I feel its time. and yes our distances are very close. my 2 iron and 3h overlap each other with almost the same disatnces, 170-200 yards but I have alot of confidence in my 2 iron so it will be a while before she comes out of my bag. but there is a definate gap tween those clubs and my driver 220-240 yards. so it looks like the 3 wood would fill that gap for me. time to go window shopping for a 3 wood!

Sunday,

I really don't think that you are going to see much of a difference between the 3h and the Bridge. They are only 1.5° difference (though the shaft may be a little longer) I would check your distances with the 3h and then a 3W and if you need to, close the gap.

I go from 3W > Bridge > 4h and I just don't have that much of a gap. I think you and I have pretty similar distances, so it might be worth looking at. Here are my distances at the top of my bag.

3W - 200-215
Bridge - 190-200
4h - 175-185

thanks hawk, wasnt factoring in degrees yet but thats good to know. I would really like to add a 3w to my bag but havent had much success in the past with this club but I feel its time. and yes our distances are very close. my 2 iron and 3h overlap each other with almost the same disatnces, 170-200 yards but I have alot of confidence in my 2 iron so it will be a while before she comes out of my bag. but there is a definate gap tween those clubs and my driver 220-240 yards. so it looks like the 3 wood would fill that gap for me. time to go window shopping for a 3 wood!

i hear that callaway makes a diablo edge in the 3w :)

I have officially booked my evaluation lesson at GolfTech for tomorrow. I know it is lessons, but it is still a purchase. I am forgoing buying any more equipment and spending the money getting better (well, I may get a SeeMore pretty soon).

I am considering 2 things right now:
1) 2/3 Hybrid - Plan to figure this out at the outing if I can wait that long.
2) new wedges! Mine are 3 years old and this is the year of the wedge!
ok ok ok 3 things
3) new putter, I really really like the black ice Odyssey #9

Instant buys or are you waiting post outing? My suggestion... wait. Something might surprise you.

really? get out! hehehe of course that is exactly what I am looking at right now! :D

i hear that callaway makes a diablo edge in the 3w :)

What's up OEM?

I took the DED out to the range today at lunch. It's a no-grass range, which kinda sucks, but I was on limited time. Verdict is: DED is awesome for me! When I hit the sweetspot the ball just took off. I had a nice medium height ball flight that really got out there quick. I don't know how, but I only had a few slicers (my driver miss). Almost everything was really, really straight.

I put DED up head-to-head with the Burner and there really wasn't much of a comparison. Good shots were better with DED, missing the sweetspot was better, and the big misses weren't even as bad. Crazy how that works. Oh yeah, it sets up better visually for me too.

So, I'll be taking it out for an on-course try-out to confirm this weekend. I'm super-stoked, because I'm thinking that I'll be gaining sick yardage with this thing. I'm especially excited to see what happens when I let DED smack an e6.

I'll keep you updated.

Once again Im getting hammered at work (no I said hammered, not thanks'ed) and so Im not getting time on the forum but this is awesome to see. Now hopefully it translates to the course too! I bet you hit the e6's even better then the range balls. Great news buddy! Look forward to hearing more updates!

really? get out! hehehe of course that is exactly what I am looking at right now! :D

Sunday the Edge 3W is a very solid club just like the driver. I think you will like it too!

You might also look at the higher lofted 3W's and also 4W's. I just traded Mudflap for last year's Diablo 3W and it's a 16° club. I haven't had a lot of time with it, but I had some nice shots with it last time I played. The Ping G10 4W has a bunch of fans too. I don't use my 3W much, but I like it for tighter fairways, shorter par 4's and really long par 3's.

Once again Im getting hammered at work (no I said hammered, not thanks'ed) and so Im not getting time on the forum but this is awesome to see. Now hopefully it translates to the course too! I bet you hit the e6's even better then the range balls. Great news buddy! Look forward to hearing more updates!

I was getting much better launch angle with e6 at the ball fitting, so I'm betting that it really shines with DED.

I just purchased a new set of irons (I picked them up today). And, am thinking of getting a new driver...mine is currently 4.5 years old.

Im curious. You just got the Adams and then said you were getting more forgiveness and distance out of the Players irons. Why did you switch to GI irons?

thanks OEM I am leaning that way! :act-up:

Sunday the Edge 3W is a very solid club just like the driver. I think you will like it too!

sweet thanks SethO! I love my Edge driver as everyone knows :angel:, so the 3 wood should be the perfect partner for her!

I have a friend that uses the 3W and he loves the hell out of that thing.

oh, yeah, i'll also be in the market for a new bag. i prefer stand bags to cart bags b/c i like to walk courses when i can, especially my local par 3 course. i do see a tremendous amount of value in a cart bag, but i just don't see them as a realistic walking option. i'm seriously on the fence over a couple of bags.

i really like ogio's grom, especially the wood divider system, but there's a part of me that really wants a callaway stand bag, something like this guy:

callaway-golf-stand-bag.jpg

You could always go the pushcart route if you like cart bags.

CG15's. The talk here makes me want to chug the kool-aid.

I'll be dropping to one Niblick (42 b/c of mad chipping prowess with it lol) and want to go 52/53 and 58 with wedges. I'm trying to scrape old clubs together to sell and fund it....sheesh.

I just picked up an '09 Burner TP 9.5* head that I'm going to put a Matrix Radix HD7 in that I won at another forum.

oh, yeah, i'll also be in the market for a new bag. i prefer stand bags to cart bags b/c i like to walk courses when i can, especially my local par 3 course. i do see a tremendous amount of value in a cart bag, but i just don't see them as a realistic walking option. i'm seriously on the fence over a couple of bags.

i really like ogio's grom, especially the wood divider system, but there's a part of me that really wants a callaway stand bag, something like this guy:

I like it! Put you some pink headcovers on that black beauty and slick up them legs and you are off to the races :D!!! No seriously dude I do like this bag. You would look good with that puppy over your shoulder....... Kind of reminds folks of your name huh

what about the Nike Sasquatch Tour Bag? I picked Cowboys colors because I know you are a closet Dallas fan

Nike-Sasquatch-Tour-Stand-Bag.jpg

I finally tried the Ghost at Dicks in K-town. Needless to say I bought it. Took it over to the Fairways and Greens practice facility and felt more comfortable putting in as long as I can remember. The confidence is back baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back