Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three things:

Bridgestone mini staff bag. (Already ordered and expect delivery next week)
PING G15 17* hybrid
SeeMore SB2 putter.

Yeah Clam,

That Ghost is a fantastic putter. I was put off by the color at first but after trying it I found out it is a performer.

Well, I just snagged a new SV Tour 56* wedge for 25 bucks. I would love to add a G15 hybrid, and exchange my irons for something a little easier to hit (x-24 or r9's) but unfortunately, trade value on my irons isn't enough to justify

congrats clam! dont forget to update your sig!

I finally tried the Ghost at Dicks in K-town. Needless to say I bought it. Took it over to the Fairways and Greens practice facility and felt more comfortable putting in as long as I can remember. The confidence is back baby!

nice clam! i know you've been lusting after one of those ghosts for a while now. glad you got one, and even better to hear that it works.

what about the Nike Sasquatch Tour Bag? I picked Cowboys colors because I know you are a closet Dallas fan

Nike-Sasquatch-Tour-Stand-Bag.jpg

haha, not really my style man!!

i'll probably go the grom route in the end, i like their dividers.

Here's mine TC. I'm loving the "cooler" pocket!!

Here's mine TC. I'm loving the "cooler" pocket!!

man, that's a sweet bag! i've been doing tons of research and the grom seems to be ideal for a stand bag but there's a part of me that just wants the callaway.

man, that's a sweet bag! i've been doing tons of research and the grom seems to be ideal for a stand bag but there's a part of me that just wants the callaway.

I really love my grom

I have had an Ogio Grom from 4-5 years ago. The best thing about it was the "Torque" strap that you can use on golf carts. That thing is money and so nice to stop the stand bag from turning in the cart.

Kind of regret moving to a Nike bag for lighter carrying, especially since I picked up a push cart recently (lack of planning). But I handed down (up?) my Ogio to my dad.

I have had an Ogio Grom from 4-5 years ago. The best thing about it was the "Torque" strap that you can use on golf carts. That thing is money and so nice to stop the stand bag from turning in the cart.

Kind of regret moving to a Nike bag for lighter carrying, especially since I picked up a push cart recently (lack of planning). But I handed down (up?) my Ogio to my dad.

My torque strap broke within a month of having the bag. They wanted me to send in my bag to be fixed but I wasnt willing to go bagless for 3 weeks. They said they would take care of it at the end of the season. I am not really sure why it broke, but I hardly ever ride so it makes very little difference to me.

Owned several OGIO bags and never had a problem with the torque strap. Here's mine now, Grom Urban Camo.

51DRIoEq0yL.jpg

Dang, this thread just started today and already 8 pages long, wow. Has tc been here? Lol. I can't say there's a lot I'm looking for at this point other than I really, really want to try a Miyazaki shaft and shoes will be a big deal going forward. I still have problems with my legs and feet, so I find myself checking out shoes as much as anything. Oh, forgot about the spotless towel too, hehe

Owned several OGIO bags and never had a problem with the torque strap. Here's mine now, Grom Urban Camo.

51DRIoEq0yL.jpg

does the torque strap just help stabilize the stand bag from lower body movement in the cart? do you still have to use the strap on the cart?

Dang, this thread just started today and already 8 pages long, wow. Has tc been here? Lol. I can't say there's a lot I'm looking for at this point other than I really, really want to try a Miyazaki shaft and shoes will be a big deal going forward. I still have problems with my legs and feet, so I find myself checking out shoes as much as anything. Oh, forgot about the spotless towel too, hehe

touche'

so you haven't ordered a THP spotless swing towel yet? you should, those towels are fantastic.

touche'

so you haven't ordered a THP spotless swing towel yet? you should, those towels are fantastic.

Not yet buddy. Checked out Dirt's in Omaha and now have to get one, lol. Chiefs red, haha

Not yet buddy. Checked out Dirt's in Omaha and now have to get one, lol. Chiefs red, haha

you'll really like it. i've got the red one from the spring outing and just washed it for the first time. if you'll use the inner bristles a lot, that thing stays very very clean.

my super bad fast 3w should be here friday!!!!! i can't wait to to see what that thing is capable of.

I actually blame the course I was at. I had it on a cart for a round at a nice place... you know, the type that when you are done with your round they clean your clubs and move them to the bag drop for you. I think the attendant didn't know about the strap and pulled until the bag came off. That is why I am not upset that it broke... I don't blame the bag.

Here is mine
305183_im_PLD~RED____0_gsi

And its matching travel bag
p7135635dt.jpg

does the torque strap just help stabilize the stand bag from lower body movement in the cart? do you still have to use the strap on the cart?

It wraps around the cart's bag frame and keeps its from twisting during the ride.
ogio_torq_strap.jpg

You just pull it on the otherside of the holder and reattach it.

I still put the strap around the bag for good measure.

I actually blame the course I was at. I had it on a cart for a round at a nice place... you know, the type that when you are done with your round they clean your clubs and move them to the bag drop for you. I think the attendant didn't know about the strap and pulled until the bag came off. That is why I am not upset that it broke... I don't blame the bag.

Here is mine
305183_im_PLD~RED____0_gsi

And its matching travel bag
p7135635dt.jpg

Now thats a sweet set up.

It wraps around the cart's bag frame and keeps its from twisting during the ride.
ogio_torq_strap.jpg

You just pull it on the otherside of the holder and reattach it.

I still put the strap around the bag for good measure.

thanks man, that's really cool, although i suppose i'd us the cart strap as well, probably b/c of habit more than anything.

i have the Nike Sasquatch tour stand bag, most confortable carry bag i have ever used! and I walk all my rounds so it has to be comfortable!

pretty interesting that most of the "carriers" like the Sasquatch. perhaps it needs to be on the radar as well?

Well, the whole bag (and everything in it) is new this year. I've found that really doesn't make a bit of difference in my new found obsession...
I've got a TM RAC satin 54* wedge that I've fallen in love with so I'm contemplating adding a couple more to round out my wedge selection.
I'm also not happy at all with the way I'm hitting my 3H and 4H (cheap-o 'gifts' - Texans) and that's got to be the clubs fault, right? I hit the A7OS and really liked it, thinking that's going to be the next purchase...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back