Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
try the nickent hybrids. You can get them for sweet prices
Well, the whole bag (and everything in it) is new this year. I've found that really doesn't make a bit of difference in my new found obsession...
I've got a TM RAC satin 54* wedge that I've fallen in love with so I'm contemplating adding a couple more to round out my wedge selection.
I'm also not happy at all with the way I'm hitting my 3H and 4H (cheap-o 'gifts' - Texans) and that's got to be the clubs fault, right? I hit the A7OS and really liked it, thinking that's going to be the next purchase...

I liked the Sasquatch too until the dividers started to tear up. I hate when the clubs all grab each other when you try to get one out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm aiming to get a nice cart bag at some point this season... probably as the clearance deals roll around.

I've also gotta get a 52 , 56, and 60 set of the U grooves (leaning toward the Jaws or CG14s).

Plus my OnPar broke, so I'm in the GPS market, too...

dang! I'm gonna have to start saving now if I want to be ready for next year!

My Wilson Staff Tw9 56 looks like it will be delivered today!!!

My Wilson Staff Tw9 56 looks like it will be delivered today!!!

Those are some sweeet looking wedges. They have the OEM seal of approval too!

Well I have a set of R9 irons that I got back in May that I'm playing with every once in a while but I'm shooting so well with my Burners its hard for me to switch. So I'm holding on to them until I need them or I hit a lull. So with that being said right now I'm set on finding a putter to switch to on a permanent basis, I played all fall and winter with my rife two bar blade but when the pushes started I went back to my itsy bitsy. The corza ghost has my eye as alignment on mid range putts seems to hurt me at times and of course the Kombi S is a great rolling putter and quite possibly the Nike Method 005 has caught my eye. Out of those 3 its gonna be hard to choose. And last but not least right now I SO want a set of cg 15's in a set of 50, 54, 58 or possibly 52, 56, 60. I can't make up my mind but I want those wedges something awful after playing around with my buddies last week.

Well as some may know I purchased the ghost putter yesterday. I took it to th practice facility and loved it. I could hardly wait to get it on the course. I am nocturnal by nature, but I made it out this morning by 8am. It performed great until I hit the 12th hole. I got that tingle in my left hand and had to switch to the simple putting. The ghost don't work that way.

I am wondering if I should get the mid weight heavy putter that was center shafted just for the above situation. I have carried 2 putters for a while now. Is 2 new putters in 2 days crazy?

Well as some may know I purchased the ghost putter yesterday. I took it to th practice facility and loved it. I could hardly wait to get it on the course. I am nocturnal by nature, but I made it out this morning by 8am. It performed great until I hit the 12th hole. I got that tingle in my left hand and had to switch to the simple putting. The ghost don't work that way.

I am wondering if I should get the mid weight heavy putter that was center shafted just for the above situation. I have carried 2 putters for a while now. Is 2 new putters in 2 days crazy?

haha thats pretty OEM of you! So all the sudden you felt the need to switch putting styles and now you need a new putter?

Those are some sweeet looking wedges. They have the OEM seal of approval too!

I spent a day PMing back and forth with OEM, since then I have picked up an XFT 60 wedge and a Tw9 56. I put a lot of stock in that man haha

I actually have tried them out, liked them both

haha thats pretty OEM of you! So all the sudden you felt the need to switch putting styles and now you need a new putter?

Well I have been carrying two putters. One for my normal stroke and one for when I need to putt with the simple putting style. I played this morning with only the Ghost. I replaced the Odyssey with the Ghost and ditched the prostaff. I thought the Ghost would work for both styles of putting.

I guess I also never explained that I often lose most feeling in my left hand due to a neck injury. Golf will sometimes aggravate it and the simple putting takes the left hand out of the equation. It looks retarded but I found it to be almost as good as my regular stroke. Some rounds I only need to use it on a few holes some on about half of the holes.

The heavy putters weighting combined with the straight center shaft seemed to be perfect for simple putting but I didn't like it for my regular stroke. I could put the prostaff back in, but I think I have used up all the good putts in that one.

I spent a day PMing back and forth with OEM, since then I have picked up an XFT 60 wedge and a Tw9 56. I put a lot of stock in that man haha

I actually have tried them out, liked them both

I was at GG last night, I know imagine that, but I wanted to look at that wedge again and TC keeps talking about how much he likes the irons but they dont carry them! wtf So who carries the Wilson stuff?

Hardly anybody. There is one store around here that does, but I refuse to go there due to some transgressions. The outing probably will though!

PGA Superstore has a lot of wilson staff gear. Really one of the only places. I don't remember if I saw them at golfsmith or not. But the SS is where I got my putter and they have everything else too.
I was at GG last night, I know imagine that, but I wanted to look at that wedge again and TC keeps talking about how much he likes the irons but they dont carry them! wtf So who carries the Wilson stuff?

When I worked at GG it was when they started to clear our their Wilson Staff products. They even did a contest through Wilson Staff. The top two Players Assistants with the highest number of WS sales got to go to a golf clinic by Padraig Harrington in Boston. We pushed Wilson Staff and then once they were gone we were no longer getting any more WS products back. Its a shame really, because they have a great lineup out there

On a side note: a place near me carries some Wilson stuff. They have the Fybrids and the Smooth driver, but I don't believe they have any of the iron sets.

I don't think anyone around me carries it. Guess I'll wait for the outing to hi them. The wedge was awesome as you know haha

I don't think anyone around me carries it. Guess I'll wait for the outing to hi them. The wedge was awesome as you know haha

I really want to putt with the 8883, but like everyone here mentions. No place has it. Come on September

im in the market for some new waterproofs..does that count?

they have some nice Galvin Greens in my pro shop, and i have some credit in the shop so may take the plunge soon given summer is like winter so winter is probably going to be a lot worse.

I really want to putt with the 8883, but like everyone here mentions. No place has it. Come on September

That is one of the sexiest putters ever made! I grabbed one for the collection but Im scared to putt with it on the course. Not much forgiveness there!

Sigh, these forums will be the death of me. Currently:

1) R9 Supertri TP - SVS Voodoo - Been looking to update my driver since hitting these at a demo day and all the positive reviews here....admittingly though, the biggest reason why I'd actually want to do this is because how easy it is to just pop in a new shaft....which opens up a whole new can of worms.

2) Superfast 3 wood - The old one I have is alright, but the shaft is terrible and reshafting isn't that much cheaper than....grr...

3) Wedges - Swapped from Mizuno MP37s to R9 irons this year, and the PW/AW go significantly farther than my MP37 PW and my titleist 52. Now my AW to 56/60 gap is huge so I'm considering changing these....but then again the prospect of a 64 seems enticing too. Big flops are just so much fun to hit!

4) Odyssey 2 ball-blade black-tour - Honestly I hate the look of the 2 ball compared to a regular blade, but I do putt better with them......more of a cop-out to swap to a "better looking" version......definitely at the bottom of the list <_<

come to asheville dude! the local golfusa is an authorized dealer. i've met the wilson rep, he's awesome! he even has some Ci9's in stock (RH).

Grafalloy ProLaunch Platinum 75 Wood Shaft going in my old kinda new Cobra S9 9.5 Driver today at Dick's. Will be picking the big snake up tomorrow after my doc appt.

Grafalloy ProLaunch Platinum 75 Wood Shaft going in my old kinda new Cobra S9 9.5 Driver today at Dick's. Will be picking the big snake up tomorrow after my doc appt.

Let me know how you like that one, I have been looking at it too. Thats what I get fit for @ shaftfit.com

PS according to my email my Wilson Tw9 has been delivered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back