Equipment Pondering - W/ OEM Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to GolfSmith in a few minutes to get s300 shafts put in my clubs. Whoever owned the clubs before me screwed up the length and the lofts on the clubs so I figured I would get the shafts that the static fitting said fit me best.

The lofts too? Were they bent?

Thought you were playing well with the new sticks? I did a static fit for my driver, led me to the Prolaunch Platinum Axis, so far I like it. Can't wait to see it on the launch monitor at the outing vs the other shafts.

I am hitting them well, but I have been hitting my short irons a little thin and I found that my PW was shorter than my GW. That can't be helpful.

That is one thing about that outing that is going to be amazing. Hitting those shafts is so much fun.

The lofts too? Were they bent?

Yeah, they were bent and I had to have them rebent when I adjusted the lie angles.

setho, i'm confused! what's going on with the irons man?

setho, i'm confused! what's going on with the irons man?

The shafts are a weird length. My 9i is the same length as my GW and my PW is shorter than my GW. I was going to get them done last night, but I had to get a new phone because my current phone is doo doo and was failing. So now I am probably going to have to wait till after the outing.

The shafts are a weird length. My 9i is the same length as my GW and my PW is shorter than my GW. I was going to get them done last night, but I had to get a new phone because my current phone is doo doo and was failing. So now I am probably going to have to wait till after the outing.

maybe just put a shaft extender in the ones that are odd lengths? quick cheaper option till after the outing

Sorry to hear that Seth. Hope it all turns out ok for you.

so, you're going to just have them all reshafted with the s300's?

why not eh? They didn't have any 400's and the static fit keeps on telling me 300.

i think it's a great idea....nothing better than playing what's been fit to you!!! good luck with that buddy.

Wow thats some really odd lengths. Id take the phone back and get new shafts lol

can they extend shafts on irons? That would be cool.

Most retailers will do it, but some price crazy. I had golf galaxy tell me it would be 75 for 4 extensions, and standard tour velvet grips.. My local course offered it for 10 bucks per club.

Most retailers will do it, but some price crazy. I had golf galaxy tell me it would be 75 for 4 extensions, and standard tour velvet grips.. My local course offered it for 10 bucks per club.

hhhmmm. I am going to check that option out. Thanks man.

Thanks man. It will ease my mind knowing I have the right shaft for me at the correct lengths.

haha. You would say that.

Its always the equipment!! Seriously, how could someone hit such an odd set up?

Im pondering buying one of everything in my Golf Galaxy so it stays open.

Maybe a Niblick or two to help my awful short game.....
Then again, I bought my biggest cure just a couple days ago..... my Seemore m7
Then another a couple weeks ago, my new Clicgear golf cart....
Then.....
Nevermind. Did I tell you golf is an EXPENSIVE game?

The more I pursue new irons, the more I realize how much fun it is... So exciting to watch different technologies react to the swing, and to hear different people speak differently about clubs.

My wife was with me tonight while I had a conversation with the pro at Golf Galaxy about shaft types and loft/lie adjustments, and after I got done (3-5 minutes worth) the wife goes "You know, I thought I knew a fair bit about golf, but I have absolutely no idea what you two just said."

Gotcha JB, I'm a bit dilusional what with football, teach, football, teach, football, teach, sleep, football lol.

My bad. It is duly noted!

Last edited:
Guys we really have asked several times to not do this. Do not do the whole "send me a pm, I have one". We have a marketplace that is available for use.

If you dont want to sell it, just give it away, its commendable, just send the person a PM then. Please do not use this thread for those purposes. Thanks.

Guys we really have asked several times to not do this. Do not do the whole "send me a pm, I have one". We have a marketplace that is available for use.

If you dont want to sell it, just give it away, its commendable, just send the person a PM then. Please do not use this thread for those purposes. Thanks.

I gotcha JB, my bad. See edited post above! :dohanim:

So really looking forward to the next few weeks and more specifically the outing. The 19* Adams Pro Black left a big gap in the top of my bag so its being off'ed and at the outing I will be pondering whether to add the 21* Adams or something else. I could just stay with the 4 iron if Im hitting it well. I had to use it to punch out of trouble so it came in handy last round. Then Im also super excited to try the new drivers being released as Ive had mine ALMOST 3 months haha so at the outing I might go from pondering a hybrid to a putter to a driver and wedgies

And I have these irons on my mind too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back